aaa Virus LFO Midi Sync - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

08-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Virus LFO Midi Sync

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message                 Date: 24-Oct-00  @  08:55 PM   -   Virus LFO Midi Sync

swanofnever

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

yes, another retarded virus question:

okay, so if i've set an LFO to a two-bar cycle (2/1), is there any way to specify when the cycle begins? (i.e with a down-sawtooth lfo, what if i want it to peak at some time other that the first beat of every odd bar?)
i'm trying to get it to peak on the "and" of beat 1 of every odd bar (i.e shifted right by an 1/8 note from where it would "normally" peak), but that's not really working.
starting the seq. at different places seems to work, but that fucks the other lfos up...

i'm guessing i'll just have to draw CC sawtooths, but if anyone knows how to shift an lfos midi-sync'd cycle left/right please let me know.

and sorry as usual for the complete lack of coherent explanation.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 21/24             06-Nov-00  @  01:57 AM   -   RE: Virus LFO Midi Sync

influx

Link?:  Link

ok. it gets even wierder. I had the A set in multisingle, but it was a multi from a different track..pulled up the one in question in my seq, and the patch change set midi Ch1 to this certain patch that makes funny noize, and in THIS multi it didnt do it. WTF?!!?!?!?

its not just louder. its chorused, man. maybe its detuned osc settings or some shit but fuck all I can NOT figure out why the SAME patch would sound different used in a multi. argh

Message 22/24             08-Nov-00  @  07:50 PM   -   RE: Virus LFO Midi Sync

swanofnever

hi,
okay, someone on the mailing list suggested i use poly-pressure messages to turn off LFO sync (i.e send a value of 0) then at the appropriate moment send the wanted value (i.e on the second beat or whatever, send '16' or whatever value corresponds to the desired clock value)

hope this helps...

p.s - i'm using an ST with cubase 2... now, i'm not at home, but i'm pretty sure i've never seen poly-pressure anywhere... i can do CCs okay, but... anyone know what to do?

Message 23/24             08-Nov-00  @  10:02 PM   -   RE: Virus LFO Midi Sync

99devils

It may be called polyphonic aftertouch or simply aftertouch

-Craig

Message 24/24             24-Nov-00  @  02:27 AM   -   RE: Virus LFO Midi Sync

influx

Link?:  Link

its in there

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 24 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)