aaa Holy shit! The ER-1 kicks some ass! - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

01-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Holy shit! The ER-1 kicks some ass!

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message                 Date: 26-May-00  @  02:35 PM   -   Holy shit! The ER-1 kicks some ass!

cocomox

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

Hot damn...I just bought the ER-1...and this think can kick like none other. I can't wait to combine it with my soon-to-be FR-777. Time to read some instruction manual!

Thanks to all who helped me with the decision to get this fine piece.

-Nick

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 21/25             01-Jun-00  @  09:26 PM   -   RE: Holy shit! The ER-1 kicks some ass!

pedicellI

Link?: Link

Komputerkontrolled,

Obviously you haven't really used MOSS boards much. No disrespect to the JP-6, but my Prophecy can blow it out of the water any day. I've nearly blown speakers 6 times with it's power, it can rumble walls and pierce almost stronger than an SH-101. It's also a lot more versatile than a JP-6. Just ask Pete...

Message 22/25             01-Jun-00  @  10:08 PM   -   RE: Holy shit! The ER-1 kicks some ass!

H

Here's something maybe it's good for some maybe it's bad for others.It doesn't mean anyone is right or wrong.For the record the prophecy is a very elegant MOSS synthesizer it has gobs more control than the EA-1 which in my first posting I said you could at least program better sounds w/ it than korg gives you which is always the case w/ anything but the Ea1 sounds like it was programmed in a week.I'm really tired of arguing about this machine.There is not and never will be a perfect synth at least not one that is for everybody.Same thing for genres.

Message 23/25             02-Jun-00  @  03:48 AM   -   RE: Holy shit! The ER-1 kicks some ass!

909 Inc.

Art is still art whether you use paint or
pixels. ER-1 is tight, so is the
Prophecy, and so are the old school
analogs. The thing is , we can't have
them all unfortunately. They're all
tools.

Imagine if Mozart had a mc-303.

909 Inc.

Message 24/25             02-Jun-00  @  08:12 AM   -   RE: Holy shit! The ER-1 kicks some ass!

Pongoid

Link?:  Link

The ER-1 is a nasty little electro toy. I'm having quite a bit of fun with just that, an mmt8, and my Q rack into a 1202, dry. Super clean, and any low end the ER-1 doesn't cover, the Q does quite nicely. Lovin the four tweekable voices, and the 6 bit hats and clap are classic. Good box, portable, simple, slick. I've used a 909 at gigs before, and it sounds great, but it always sounds like a 909, and linear. you can effect the shit out of it, but you hear it as a 909. The ER-1 presents many more rythmic possibilities, as well as the ability to record on the fly: NICE!!!

Ape

Message 25/25             02-Jun-00  @  09:06 AM   -   RE: Holy shit! The ER-1 kicks some ass!

H

Which electro would that be?Bass Kittens,or Mantronik.I was poking around on the web last week and found every oldskool Mantronik record on some site and now I can't find it.Does anyone out ther know of which I.m talking,if so please direct me back to it.Pongoid,what type of electro do you create?Got any mp3s.I miss the dayz of the only dancefloor you needed was a piece of cardboard and a ghetto blaster.

plur

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 25 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)