aaa Musician's Gear - Ordering from Germany - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

01-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Musician's Gear - Ordering from Germany

Viewing all 26 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3

Original Message 1/26             04-May-00  @  12:49 PM   -   Musician's Gear - Ordering from Germany

digitalbound

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hey,

saw some comments about this site. Awesome prices. However, what's the scoop for electrical requirements...

I wanna order my Q rack from them, but do I need a step down transformer?

"We have 230 Volt in Germany. You might need a step-down transformer, or some items you cannot buy from us-check. And: A good deal is only a fair deal. For you and us."

Also, do I get to eliminate German tax or not...

I gotta tell you, those Waldorf prices are freaking incredible.

rob.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/26             04-May-00  @  12:50 PM   -   RE: Musician's Gear - Ordering from Germany

digitalbound

Doh. I am in the USA (California)

That should help the electrical question...

rob.

Message 3/26             04-May-00  @  03:15 PM   -   RE: Musician's Gear - Ordering from Germany

99devils

You're either going to need a US spec power supply for gear with external transformers, or a step-down if it's an internal power supply...

You live in the US so you don't pay German taxes.

-Craig

Message 4/26             04-May-00  @  03:18 PM   -   RE: Musician's Gear - Ordering from Germany

object

The Q Rack has an internal universal power supply, check the waldorf website for more info:

http://www2.waldorf-gmbh.de/index2.html

Then buy one and be prepared to spend weeks if not months discovering the hidden depths of this machine, it really is unbelieveable.

cheers

Message 5/26             04-May-00  @  03:53 PM   -   RE: Musician's Gear - Ordering from Germany

digitalbound

No German taxes. Incredible!

The only thing that I noticed was that their return policy was rather stringent. No Returns.

If it is broken, then you can return it at your expense and then they will send it back fixed or a new one at their expense...

I'd be interested to know Pongoid's experiences with them as it appears as though he ordered his Q Rack from them.

rob.

Message 6/26             06-May-00  @  06:47 PM   -   RE: Musician's Gear - Ordering from Germany

Ison

And do not Buy "Little Parts" from Musicians Gear as they do not stock them and cant get hold of them and spend months and months not returning your money.
Although my Esi-2000 arrived fine.

Message 7/26             12-May-00  @  11:27 PM   -   RE: Musician's Gear - Ordering from Germany

Pongoid

Link?:  Link

It should be here tomorrow. Hoping no bull. Paid extra for the rapid delivery. Keep trying out the boards in different store, but all have the old OS. Not sure what the term 'drum map' means yet. not sure if it's a single sound, or a set mapped out across the keyboard i.e. kits. This is important as it only has four note multitambrality.

Message 8/26             17-May-00  @  10:31 AM   -   RE: Musician's Gear - Ordering from Germany

faridk

what's the web site URL for this site?

Message 9/26             17-May-00  @  11:11 AM   -   RE: Musician's Gear - Ordering from Germany

faridk

how come when I order an item the price still shows the german tax in the price still? Did you guys had the same issue?

Message 10/26             17-May-00  @  04:20 PM   -   RE: Musician's Gear - Ordering from Germany

Pongoid

I think you have to pay it, then it's reimbursed as the item leaves Europe.

Ape

Message 11/26             20-May-00  @  04:23 PM   -   RE: Musician's Gear - Ordering from Germany

Pongoid

These guys kick ass. Totally on the money. Got my piece, in good time, and good nick. Beware, customs bags you another $66 for a Q Rack coming into the country. I'll have to tell MG about it. Still, very helpful, and even with the customs fee, it's still the best deals out there on Waldorf gear. These guys deserve more business.

Ape

Message 12/26             22-May-00  @  06:02 PM   -   RE: Musician's Gear - Ordering from Germany

digitalbound

Good to hear. I was a little nervous about ordering from them as they are so far away.

I will await my order and give my .02 about their service when it gets here.

No doubt about it, they do have some crazy great prices for some of the gear.

I am looking into Purchasing the MAM warp 9 filter and MAM sequencer from them as well. But I want to wait until I get my Q rack to see if everything works out well...

rob.

Message 13/26             22-May-00  @  07:56 PM   -   RE: Musician's Gear - Ordering from Germany

component

MAM sequencer/warp 9 filter?????????

Message 14/26             23-May-00  @  11:55 AM   -   RE: Musician's Gear - Ordering from Germany

digitalbound

Yes. Did you have a question about the units or what do you want to know about them?

Here is the English version of their Web site if you are interested...

http://www.mam-germany.de/com/index.html

rob

Message 15/26             24-May-00  @  04:05 AM   -   RE: Musician's Gear - Ordering from Germany

component

Thanks

Message 16/26             24-May-00  @  10:13 AM   -   RE: Musician's Gear - Ordering from Germany

99devils

So, just so I have this straight:

You had to pay only the shipping costs, plus the $66 for customs (based on the price of the Q, I assume), and obvoiusly the cost of the gear. Correct?

I'm interested in ordering a couple things from them.

BTW did anyone see the prices they have on Virus A's? $632.98!!!

-Craig

Message 17/26             24-May-00  @  03:46 PM   -   RE: Musician's Gear - Ordering from Germany

Pongoid

Correct. I did not pay VAT. Yes, I paid quite a bit for shipping to have it delivered in two days, and when I wrote to Mr. Keim, on of the folks there, he sent it out staight away, and I got it, as promised, no hassles or bullshit. Looks like shops in the states are going to have to lower their prices or they'll never sell any of these good European pieces. Oh well, there's greed for you.

Ape

PS, the Q kicks ass in the studio, now to test it out for live apps;  

Message 18/26             25-May-00  @  08:21 AM   -   RE: Musician's Gear - Ordering from Germany

99devils

I'm looking at grabbing an RM1X for ~$470 US. Best price I've seen is $650, figure $600 with some haggling... Might not be worth it. Definately worth it for a Q, or the uWave XTk ( a little over $1000)

-Craig

Message 19/26             25-May-00  @  05:48 PM   -   RE: Musician's Gear - Ordering from Germany

component_1

The RM1X is the best hard ware sequencer that I have ever used. Please get it!!! I got 1 for $600 + delivery from Sam Ash about 9 mouths ago. I looks like
Musician's Gear has the for $470 something. I can easily say that the $600 I spent on my RM1X was the best $600 I have ever spent on anything. When my
XT and Indigo comes in. The sound that will be produce with the RM1X slaving those beauties will be EARTH SHACKING.....Yeee Haaaaa.

Message 20/26             25-May-00  @  05:52 PM   -   RE: Musician's Gear - Ordering from Germany

component

1920 step per measure(480 B.P.Q.) with full control over all parameters in step. Need I say more...

Message 21/26             26-May-00  @  12:41 PM   -   RE: Musician's Gear - Ordering from Germany

99devils

Nobody's got to sell me on the RM1X. If I buy a hradware sequencer, that will most likely be it... It's a matter of priority right now... I need monitors as of right now...

-Craig

Message 22/26             26-May-00  @  11:22 PM   -   RE: Musician's Gear - Ordering from Germany

component

Hey sorry guy. I thought you were asking about the RM1X " Might not be worth it ". I was in my excited way saying " it's worth it". Buy monitors if that's your " matter of priority right now "

Message 23/26             28-May-00  @  09:40 PM   -   RE: Musician's Gear - Ordering from Germany

99devils

No, I was saying that by the time add shipping, and duty and the time I'd have to wait for it to get here, it wouldn't be worth it to order from Germany.

-Craig

Message 24/26             28-May-00  @  10:09 PM   -   RE: Musician's Gear - Ordering from Germany

component_1

If you are still interested - I saved my receipt just in case a friend may want to use it as a price quote. It's from Sam Ash for $600 including
delivery. I think that it is a good start. A friend of mine using my receipt got a new RM1X for $550 + delivery. So if you still into buying 1
and it turns out it would be cheaper to buy 1 using my receipt, feel free to email me....... Alex

Message 25/26             30-May-00  @  01:16 PM   -   RE: Musician's Gear - Ordering from Germany

component

Hey, fuck my email above (please don't take that literally , it wouldn't get you off properly). Call the Guitar Center, you know " THE RIGHT PRICE, RIGHT
NOW, WE WILL NOT BE UNDER SOLD" store and give them the price quote for Musician's Gear. I did and fuck did they love me! The only problem is they don't have any expanded Waldorf unit, so if that's what your looking for I'd still go with Musician's Gear. I'm still ordering form Germany, but this may help other people. Fuck the Guitar Center. Do it for the children.......

Message 26/26             30-May-00  @  01:21 PM   -   RE: Musician's Gear - Ordering from Germany

digitalbound

HA HA!

Good for you man.

That's great - do it for the children....

rob.

Viewing all 26 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3

There are 26 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)