aaa Latest FM - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

08-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Latest FM

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message                 Date: 22-Oct-00  @  03:49 PM   -   Latest FM

G

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

I was gonna buy a Virus but in the latest Future Music both Roland JP-8080, Novation Supernova and Korg MS2000 beats it.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 21/29             24-Oct-00  @  09:34 PM   -   RE: Latest FM

scrotalsack

never seen an ad for a groovebox? Are you blind?

Message 22/29             24-Oct-00  @  09:42 PM   -   RE: Latest FM

99devils

Then explain Korg, Roland, Yamaha = Japanese  

-Craig

Message 23/29             24-Oct-00  @  09:54 PM   -   RE: Latest FM

swanofnever

yeah, that's where my theory breaks down...

then again, the japanese weren't the ones rocketing the fuck out of london...

Message 24/29             25-Oct-00  @  07:36 AM   -   RE: Latest FM

H

what the fuck do V1s and V2 rockets have to do w/ synthesizers?Maff Evans is a dumbass who couldn't do anything useful but start a magazine that as soon as it was cool A billon GROOVEbox ads showed up and that mag was toast but like 1-16 are pretty good.I think it went downhill w/ the 50 issue and I just don't care about it anymore.

venting at maff bastard

Message 25/29             25-Oct-00  @  04:42 PM   -   RE: Latest FM

Pongoid

Link?:  Link

FM=bogroll

Message 26/29             25-Oct-00  @  04:56 PM   -   RE: Latest FM

r-tek

nah, its too shiny to wipe yer arse on, it just spreads it about more. I should know  

Message 27/29             26-Oct-00  @  09:36 PM   -   RE: Latest FM

scrotalsack

aahh, but guitar center catalogs are excellent for that... exactly the right kind of paper... although the inks kinda make your ass itch...

Message 28/29             31-Oct-00  @  02:56 AM   -   RE: Latest FM

phunkytek

The ms-2000 is very easy to use, but it excels at analog bass . Don't under estimate the ms-2000 because of it's lack of poliphony, BT used it almost exclusively on the Movments in still life album. I met him, and he uses 3 of them, two linked together for eight voice poly. I love the virus, I love the Novation, and I love the Ms -2000. They all sound very diferant. But the Virus has the most poly, and parts, and it does more waveforms. If i only could have one it would be the virus, but I can afford all 3. I get my indigo soon!!!!!! yeah: and Jp-8000 is cool for atmospheres and gritty textures, but i feel it's range is very limited. It sounds cool and does a good jupiter impersonation, but is in no way better than a Virus. It just lacks the power, and those of us with talent need power, welcome power, and laugh at confused FM reviewers who spend a couple of days with a synth, or just read the manuals and write the article. The manual may be dificult,to follow if you don't know anything about synthesis. Read "Keyboard". At least the guys doing their reviews actualy address the synths they did'nt review, and admit if the time was limited. Go read the archive on the analog shoot out from last year. They looked at them all, but ms-2000 was not available to them yet although some crafty producers got their hands on them early.

Message 29/29             31-Oct-00  @  08:41 PM   -   RE: Latest FM

scrotalsack

ive thought that Sound on Sound has the best reviews of any of the synth magazines... and they also pay attention to the smaller manufacturers too.

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 29 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)