aaa why not video manuals?? - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

05-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: why not video manuals??

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/3             06-Oct-00  @  12:32 PM   -   why not video manuals??

jonah ark

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

why oh why don't manufacturers like novation start to lead the way with video manuals. if wizoo can produce third party manuals there must be a necessity.

i find it hard to believe that such an expensive and complex machine like the supernova and now the II would not benefit. especially if produced in-house.

novation may say it's additional expense and time resources but if you pay up to £2000 for one of their products i'm sure that person would pay something for a hands on video manual.

can anyone tell me why these aren't forthcoming. maybe novation can lead the way here but i already think a few have started already (roland, not sure).

ps. the reason for the post is that the manuals are not very clear and quite often their explanation of events is rather, er, confusing.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/3             06-Oct-00  @  08:02 PM   -   RE: why not video manuals??

k

yeah.. Phil dressed in like an Armani pastel coloured tux like david Copperfeild style with debbie in a sequined leotard doing the assistant routine :-)

actually one of the Dt guys who sent me a cd of Nord lead demo's and me were talking about this as a project... we wanted to do like a demo cd with the synth playing a massive repetoir of synth styles.. but, we know some guys in London who've developed a compression algorithm that can playback on a mac or pc with no additional s/w or drivers required, it plays full-frame video, Fox used it for the First new Brosnan Bond film promo cd... so it'd be easy to make a combined audio demo & video manual CDrom that'd play on a mac or pc as soon as you pluggd it in. it'd need a budget tho.

Message 3/3             08-Oct-00  @  05:43 AM   -   RE: why not video manuals??

hank

Actually if any companies are interested I can do full frame quicktime movies that work on PC and MAC for a lot less than you think and I only use broadcast equipment and the best lighting to get it done.If you wan't it really swank I can do widescreen also.

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 3 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)