aaa How can i get a part to arpeggiate?? - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

05-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: How can i get a part to arpeggiate??

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/3             21-Aug-00  @  06:11 AM   -   How can i get a part to arpeggiate??

jordonfreightltd

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

hi, i've just received my SN2, my first new master keyboard in 10 years. getting to grips with the architecture but am having problems getting a part in a performance to arpeggiate.

i have no problem in program mode (turn on, latch, choose type, etc) but in performance mode , i single out a part (say midi channel 11) and when i switch on the arpeggiator the sound disappears.
midi is being sent as confirmed by the lighting of the parts and incoming of cubase.

is there another place to choose the arpeggiator when in performance mode??

what am i doing wrong???

thanx for any help.

jon.s.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/3             21-Aug-00  @  06:50 AM   -   RE: How can i get a part to arpeggiate??

Stefan

Link?: Link

It may be that the arpeggiator Out is set to "internal and midi". This causes a midi loop as any arpeggiator event is sent to your sequencer and rerouted to the SN.
I dont have a SN II, but in The SN 1 the Arpeggiator out settings are in the global menue.
The Arp out should be set to "internal only ".

Hope that helps

Regards Stefan

Message 3/3             23-Aug-00  @  07:07 AM   -   RE: How can i get a part to arpeggiate??

jonswallow

Link?:  No link

thanks steffan, it made me at least try all the options. it seems my local needed to be 'on' and my 'thru' off in cubase.

i've got to be very careful as i haven't really learnt technicalities that i should have during the last 10 years and now it's catching up on me as the damn things send out midi everything and anything (locked up loads through my own fault). this machine is awesome and is the antidote to writers block but must get the 'midi for beginers' book out again.

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 3 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)