aaa Virus A vs. Virus Rack - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Virus A vs. Virus Rack

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/3             11-Jul-00  @  11:02 PM   -   Virus A vs. Virus Rack

idiolect

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

hey all... question for the virus owners out there:

i've got an opportunity to purchase a Virus A for $850. This seems like a fine price, as I'm not really in the position to pay $1200+ for the B model. However, I'm not sure whether it would be wiser to wait for the Virus Rack, which seems to be coming in around $850 as well. From what I've read, the Rack has less multimbrality, but I'm not sure if it will include OS 3.0 and all the attendant benefits.

I appreciate any insight anyone could offer, I desperately need an additional synth to complement my AN1x and this seems like a good opportunity.

- justin

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/3             11-Jul-00  @  11:29 PM   -   RE: Virus A vs. Virus Rack

norsez

Link?: Link

The Rack actually comes the full Virus with OS 4.0 with Osc 3 and part 8-16 disabled. It will be able to upgrade to the Indigo Spec though. I'd rather wait for the Rack than the Virus A for that not to mention the Rack's better D/A converter.

Message 3/3             12-Jul-00  @  08:00 AM   -   RE: Virus A vs. Virus Rack

99devils

Link?:  No link

Well, yes, but the tradeoff is that you don't have as many knobs, programming will be harder, you may have to use a software interface... To be honest, if you've got external FX, and don't really care about the internal FX, I'd go with the Virus A. $850 seems like a fair price. If I sold mine on eBay, I'd be happy getting $850 for it (even though it's worth much more to me ;-)

-Craig

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 3 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)