aaa First Electribe ES-1 experiences - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

01-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: First Electribe ES-1 experiences

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/3             06-Jun-00  @  04:49 AM   -   First Electribe ES-1 experiences

mol8292

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

today i had the opportunity to test the new Electribe ES-1 in the musicstore. I listened to it with a pair of good headphones. I played with it for almost an hour..my first impression: THIS THING ROCKS!

soundquality of the "preset"samples is very good.....default patterns and songs are also of very good quality...it really sounds good...no strange compression-artifacts or something..the ES-1 probably has flash-RAM to maintain the sample-memory.... or maybe some standard samples in ROM...

interface is very easy to get used to...just select one of the 9 parts (and 3 parts extra, accent, slice and audio-in), and you will see the positions of the hits in the pattern....easy to program....real 909 like stuff......recording of sequences can be done in realtime or with the grid....if i remember correctly i didn't had to stop the sequence playing to reprogram it...can be done while playing.....

when a part is selected you can enable effect and modify effect-parameters, filter, pitch, level and pan..there is a global delay that can be BPM-synced...

changes to the above parameters can be recorded in realtime with the motion-sequencer.....very easy to use....

didn't checkout the way patterns are used for songs, but you can easily mute and solo the parts, and i guess/hope that these mutes can also be recorded as part of the song....

one negative point: i was hoping that the price would be like the ER-1 and EA-1, but it was higher...1350 dutch guilders for the ES-1, and 899 guilders for the ER-1 and EA-1, so the ES1 is 1,5 the price of the older electribes...

sampling-rate is 32KHz, no other samplerates i believe, but there is a decimator-effect to get those lofi bitrate-effects...

it can resample through all the effects and motion-sequences....it also can slice up a sample-loop in different hits (like recycle) and you then can modify the seperate parts of the loop in realtime....(slice option)

conclusion: this is a very fine tool...very creative..and the pitch-parameter doesn't limit you to only beats, but also melodies can be programmed...

Olaf

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/3             06-Jun-00  @  08:00 PM   -   RE: First Electribe ES-1 experiences

k

yeah they are dear unless youve got a bit of cash, but really versatile for a groovebox... they'll be a great s/h buy in a year or more when they start getting about...

Message 3/3             10-Jun-00  @  10:57 AM   -   RE: First Electribe ES-1 experiences

H

I checked this thing out at MARS the other day and it was cool except for the fact that you cannot use any of the fx other than delay if you want to use resonance control on the filter.Give up an effect for resonance...huh?I really wish that the japenese would use just a little more market research before they put out this crap it always seems that without fail there's always something missing from equipment that comes from the land of the rising sun.It is alot cooler than an sp202 or even the sp808 for that matter.it's a nice alternative to an mpc for those who can't afford it.It's also nice to see the roland grid on a sampling drum machine.Why would they incorporate a non rez filter though?

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 3 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)