aaa The 303 SUX!!!!!!! - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: The 303 SUX!!!!!!!

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Original Message                 Date: 30-Jun-00  @  07:46 PM   -   The 303 SUX!!!!!!!

notsaying:hotmail.com

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

listnin u fools im not being offensive just stating my opinion the 303 is old crappy n stupid all you people goin on about it so much r just ol fogies
you remind me of my grandma with youre lil toy
grow up will you all?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 21/33             14-Jul-00  @  11:44 PM   -   RE: The 303 SUX!!!!!!!

Dash 30

Link?:  Link

606 hats are the best.. anyone who disagrees is a fucking worthless piece of poo   j/k. i realy really like them though..

Message 22/33             15-Jul-00  @  12:06 AM   -   RE: The 303 SUX!!!!!!!

Pete

The 303 lives!!!

And so does the 909 open hat!

=~)

Pete

Message 23/33             15-Jul-00  @  11:40 AM   -   RE: The 303 SUX!!!!!!!

pedicelli

909 open hat is like Pete's girlfriend.....Pete, man...you gotta find yourself a new snatch.  

606 hats are very good too. Lovely analogue sound to them. I used to have a TR-606 with the Analogue Solutions tonal mod box, and on the hats, you could apply tuning and decay. What's also cool about the 606 hats is if you set a step to trigger both a closed and open hat, you get a completely different hat.

Furthermore, with the Analogue Solutions tonal modbox, you can lower the decay of the crash cymbal and tune the mixing of it to make yet another different hat.

About the LED's...why are those little pieces of plastic so bloody expensive? Like even 2 pounds per LED is expensive. I think Analogue Solutions is out of their mind for asking $120.00 USD for a set of LED's.

I ordered a TB-303 "slide" t-shirt from Analogue Solutions a few weeks ago. Pretty cool t-shirt, but the quality of the shirt itself is not so great...it's really thin material. The TB-303 print, however, is of good quality. It's a thick crusty paste, so you have to hand wash it to clean.

Gotta get mine ready for Oakenfold tonight!  

Message 24/33             16-Jul-00  @  11:31 AM   -   RE: The 303 SUX!!!!!!!

trevor

Science bit:

Blue LEDs are expensive because they are expensive to manufacture. They aren't just like any other LED with blue plastic!! The colour emitted by an LED depends upon the semiconductor material used to make it (colour specifically depends on the energy bandgap of the material...). I presume the type of semiconductor material used to fabricate blue LEDs is difficult / expensive to work with compared to that used in red/yellow/green LEDs.

But blue LEDs aren't difficult to get hold of.

If anyone wants me to fit blue LEDs in their 303/606 etc then I'll do it for 10UKP on top of the cost of the blue LEDs. It's a simple job.

Trev

Message 25/33             23-Jul-00  @  06:51 PM   -   RE: The 303 SUX!!!!!!!

nottellingu

awwwww isnt it sweet of all the lil people havin a go at me cause i tell the truth about youre lil 303 HAHAHA
yer all like old people"iremember the days when" n all that crap
hey im a 303 "squelch squelch fart fart im crap waste of money"

Message 26/33             24-Jul-00  @  07:55 AM   -   RE: The 303 SUX!!!!!!!

nottellingu

sorry, I was in a bad mood. I
sometimes like the 303, I'm just
pissed off because the sound is so
played out. I mean I hear it in like so
many tracks. Maybe the 303 just
needs to be put in new hands.-----
and that is you,---- the new
generation of 303 users.--- I mean
back in the day, we used to plug the
303 into guitar amps, drop acid and
bang our heads against cement
walls. There was this dude! MAN ! I
thought that dude was wacked on the
best coke around !!!
, and man!!! he got all strung up
tweeking those knobs! That was
fun for us, so I don't know what the
hell kids are doing these days. Well,
whatever! later.

Message 27/33             24-Jul-00  @  10:22 AM   -   RE: The 303 SUX!!!!!!!

Jasper

hey, have you ever put your foot in it really bad??

I was at this christmas after all-nighter private party in a factory and I was talking to this bloke by the mock-up dancefloor.. I'd just heard London Acid City and even though I liked it I was off my head and going 'what the fuck sort of vocal is that? it sounds like squeeky raver vocals etc etc etc'

then me mate comes up to us and goes 'Hey, I see you've met chris liberator then'

I nearly died, and Mr liberator pissed himself laughing..

shit.

Message 28/33             24-Jul-00  @  01:39 PM   -   RE: The 303 SUX!!!!!!!

k

heh heh - i think the danger is simply that people get obsessed with the actual synth rather than seeing it in place in the context of a track... so they emphasis the 303 way out of proportion of how it should fit into a track - mebbe?

Message 29/33             24-Jul-00  @  03:20 PM   -   RE: The 303 SUX!!!!!!!

komputerkontrolled

Shut your trap Pedecilli. The blue LED's I got in my droids looker doper than hell. Worth every fricken penny that I dropped for them. The pix I posted didn't do my 606 and 303 justice, trust me.. You have to see it person man. Don't be a cheap ass . ...

Plus, for you information, LED's swapping isn't as easy as you think to anyone that is gonna put their machines on the line.

What I am werking on next will split heads, pierce a lazer through your scull and make a grown man dump their wife/girlfriend/significant other in one second flat.. It's bomb, trust me.

I am not saying shite, till it's done!

later.

Message 30/33             24-Jul-00  @  05:11 PM   -   RE: The 303 SUX!!!!!!!

Local Boy

Wasn't it Lawrie (AKA Immersion, Lochi) that did London Acid City? Whatever, overrated anyway, I prefer D.A.V.E the Drummer's stuff, much more funky.

Pages: 1 2 3 4

There are 33 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)