aaa Supernova 1.. Remember it? - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

08-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Supernova 1.. Remember it?

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Original Message                 Date: 06-Oct-00  @  11:38 PM   -   Supernova 1.. Remember me?

stevoe

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

Dear all, you may not remember who I am but I hope some of you do.. You see, my story is a tale of woe and sorrow but it all started so brightly for me back in the summer of 1998.. Born to an eager world, the son of Mother Novation, I looked up with respect to my uncle Basstation and Auntie Drumstation. It seemed I could do no wrong them days, everybody wanted me and shelled out a lot of money just to get their hands on my beautiful, nubile, blue body.. I was just a baby and I had some small teething problems, but with the love and nurturing given to me by my mother I matured quickly. That is until now...sob...sob..

My mother has abandoned me.. She has this new baby now, called Supernova2.. Yes, in some ways my younger brother is just like me, it has the same charm and good looks but has a lot more going for it than I ever did.. I even have a lot of cousins now who think they are a bit special to..

I admit I feel jealous of all the attention laden on my younger brother and all the lovely OS updates it gets.. All I ask is that mother Novation can still acknowledge I exist! And please do something about my bloody 'special' buttons.. I would love to have some extra waveforms and filters just like my mother promised me all those years ago before she abandoned me.. You see mother, if you feel upset by my plea then you shouldn't have made me with such an individual personality should you? Please remember I have a soul....

Your ever loving son,
Supernova

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 21/35             13-Oct-00  @  11:56 AM   -   RE: Supernova 1.. Remember it?

Dunno

Well Rude Bwoy. Your comment just showes how off you are. This isnīt about buttons. Itīs about making a promise and keeping it. If you bought a car and they promised you that next month they would (for free) add an extra 50hp to your engine. Wouldnīt you after 13 months be pretty pissed off???
Remember... This was just an example. Donīt go off demanding things like this from your local car dealer.

Message 22/35             13-Oct-00  @  02:34 PM   -   RE: Supernova 1.. Remember it?

k

well we can turn it into whatever you like - the facts are simply this : YOU are pissed off, some of us are not.. now what!?...

Now YOU listen dunno.... shut up about shit you know nothing about or put up.

Message 23/35             13-Oct-00  @  09:28 PM   -   RE: Supernova 1.. Remember it?

jayone

K why do you need to insult people personally?
I personally applaud everyone who has sussed out Novation for what they are. A two bob company. I dont care what difference the new OS makes it is the fact that Novation have treated old customers like shit!
Even Novations web page is a disgrace.
Just try going to the TELL US WHAT YOU THINK section and you will be presented with an under construction sign (is the penny dropping yet?).
The sound tutorials are brilliant but STILL incomplete.
I conclude that Novation will never do a Nova/Sn update.
They wont even give a due date (make any excuses you want but a proper professional company should commit to a date and get it sorted.)
FACT there are still bugs with the Nova.

If this thread is becoming boring DONT reply and go away being happy with Novation.
I have a mind of my own and applaud like minded music makers!

Message 24/35             14-Oct-00  @  12:15 AM   -   RE: Supernova 1.. Remember it?

nerd

IMHO.... hmmm...

I'll better to make some cool music...

Cya...

Bwahahahahahaha...

Message 25/35             14-Oct-00  @  06:16 AM   -   RE: Supernova 1.. Remember it?

k

if i tell dunno to f-off & get personal with him that is cos he started posting lies that i am on a backhander or some sorta scam or working for or with Novation ??... so i'm telling him to get stuffed for that....

i just own a supernova, it wasnt free and i dont work for novation, and i realise the button doesnt work, but thats not why i bought it, i bought it cos at the time it was the only decent affordable multi modeller with massive poly (remember at the time, nord 4 part, the prophecy 1 part, JP 2 part, etc etc)... and after a few years almost it still holds it's own with ease against the competition.... sure, we supported Novation as much as possible in their early days & still do just like ALL the others, from quasimidi to waldorf cos they were a small handfull of companies trying to get synths we wanted into our hands.... if they all dissapear and are driven under we are bnack in the sole clutches of the big 3 and that is that...quasimidi have gone bust already or whatever, so what can i say... we want to see some choice and small companies are the only ones who are going to want to listen to you... which is why they came out with this stuff in the first place, the big comapnies just followed....

i can see you are pissed off, and it is true 13 months is a looooong time... but i cant seem to feel that way about it you do.

Message 26/35             15-Oct-00  @  03:04 PM   -   RE: Supernova 1.. Remember it?

stevoe

Some of the things K is saying about it being good that smaller companies like Novation are around is very true.. What K just can't seem to grasp or understand is that the very people who Novation are pissing off with their distant attitude are the very people who pay their wages and enable them to make new synths. Personally I bought the bassstation, then a drumstation and then I bought a Supernova all because they were and still are great synths. Funds allowing I would probably be a great future target customer for Novation as well, but I would seriously think more than twice before parting with my cash for another Novation product. When I bought the Novation, the impression given by the sales people and reviews were that not only was this machine a gem in itself but it was virtually future proof because of its updateability and flash memory.. Thats all there is to it..

Message 27/35             15-Oct-00  @  05:21 PM   -   RE: Supernova 1.. Remember it?

k

yes well that is sales people taking the piss & trying to lay on the icing to get more sales.... Synths are a fixed thing, this idea that they are transient and as upgradeable as s/w synths to my mind is ludicrous, all my older or non dig synths are not upgradeable...

i do understand what you say about the target audience/consumers, but at the same time i still think we need the choices cos in all area's where competition dissolves in theis capitalist world instant atrophy occurs and choices go right down the pan and the majors resort back to lowest common denominator products. all i'm saying is what synth would you buy instead to replace the nova and would it really be worth it just over this missing button ? - would the new item be any 'better' ??

Message 28/35             15-Oct-00  @  11:26 PM   -   RE: Supernova 1.. Remember it?

stevoe

K,
It would be a product that I loved from a company who cared about its customers..

Message 29/35             16-Oct-00  @  01:52 AM   -   RE: Supernova 1.. Remember it?

k

well sure.... thats very noble and we all want to think that we feel the same i guess, me too i'd like that... but what product exactly would replace it?... cos really there are other 'different' synths on the market, but conversely none that do the same things as the nova's, don't you really think you'd be better off introducing some other form of synth into your arsenal to get tonal variety, i could never use the nova by itself... i could, but i'd prefer not to, i like the characteristics of the different synths i use for different things.

anyways... is there some of your music up on the www anywhere?.. i'd be interested to hear what you are doing.

also i just realised one thing - Phil/Novation WAS always at the forum and NOT distant till this all blew up... they apologised but it wasn't enuff i guess... ah... remember those days when we used to chat with him about stuff & ask him to put this and that into the new machines etc... then they made a machine with all the new things you asked and they got flamed cos they decided to leave the button for a while.... c'est la vie

Message 30/35             16-Oct-00  @  10:25 AM   -   RE: Supernova 1.. Remember it?

stevoe

Exactly he used us, and spat us out,,, ;0)

As for my music, I have just started work on my Homepage and will have some up shortly.. Going to send some stuff to peoplesound.com. I can email a track if you like. If you have any back copies of the Mix magazine I have had a couple of tracks on their CD as well. Old stuff that was though, pre supernova. I'd like to hear some of your stuff K as well?

Pages: 1 2 3 4

There are 35 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)