aaa Novation are crap aren't they! - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

08-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Novation are crap aren't they!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Original Message                 Date: 25-Oct-00  @  11:23 PM   -   Novation are crap aren't they!

sameoldsameold

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

Why release "new" products that are so similar to old ones, especially when the old ones still don't have complete final OS's, and the new ones have so many bugs. Maybe you will get it right with Super\Nova 3. Hmmmm, Novation, Rocky....is there a connection? Comebacks? "Stay down Rock"

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 21/41             31-Oct-00  @  08:43 PM   -   RE: Novation are crap aren't they!

bees

would you buy a car if some of the controls didnt work but the dealer promised to make them work some time when you bring it in for a tune-up?

Message 22/41             31-Oct-00  @  11:25 PM   -   RE: Novation are crap aren't they!

gb

You're all spoiled rotten.

What other product is there that keeps improving (for free!) after you bought it ?

Quit complaining, and use what you've got - it doesn't get much better until you're willing to pay for something better...

Maybe Novation ought to start having their customers pay for new OS, like Kurzweil and other brands, rather than giving it away to ungrateful little brats ?

Message 23/41             31-Oct-00  @  11:27 PM   -   RE: Novation are crap aren't they!

stevoe

Hee..hee... "gulp" just taken my chill pill... So you say they will upgrade the software to what was promised. If that is the case then I am well and truly chilled. Unfortunately I have become so sceptical about Novation I believe it when I see it with them..

If I had the capability to design and build a synth that is half as good as the Supernova, even in its incomplete 'Beta' stage I wouldn't be here now whinging, I would be on a tropical island sipping on a Gin & tonic surrounded by scantilly clad women..

Message 24/41             01-Nov-00  @  01:14 AM   -   RE: Novation are crap aren't they!

bees

gb, one word: Access. They have consistently updated their OS with new features (not just improved stuff) regularly for several years. Granted, the updates dont come that often, but when they do they're worth it. Its now been over a year since the last SN/Nova update, and during that time we've been consistenly treated to the "soon" "in a few weeks" "after blahblah show" and even then, we still dont even know what we're gonna get. woo-hoo, new reverb models. who gives a shit, they're going to sound like crap anyway so why not deep six that and give us some new OSC and filter models!!!

Message 25/41             01-Nov-00  @  10:19 AM   -   RE: Novation are crap aren't they!

sue

I suggest you sell up and buy an Access synth then bees seeing as you think the sun shines out of their OSC-hole!

Sue

Message 26/41             01-Nov-00  @  10:35 AM   -   RE: Novation are crap aren't they!

Proud Novation Owner

Bees - NO of course I would not buy a car with controls that didn't work - but its hardly the same thing is it?

So, why did you bother buying the SN in the first place - I mean it's an expensive piece of kit you cannot honestly say you based your decision to get this rather than anything else purely on the fact that the machine may "ONE DAY" have a new OS that will make use of the special button even though they don't work now!

You must have been overall happy with the machine without the special button. Unless you have more money than brains. Why bother harp on and on, do you want Novation to just rush out a new OS...how crap would that be. We want a new OS fully beta tested with loads of goodies. Not some mish mash which is put together in a hurry. Think about it. This aint stopping you continuing in what you do and it aint gonna cost us any more money to upgrade our older synths to nearly a SNII! You can't buy a new car then a year later when the model is upgraded & improved just get your dealer to change your older model! and for free! the dealer would look at you as if you were some kind of idiot!

Message 27/41             01-Nov-00  @  01:48 PM   -   RE: Novation are crap aren't they!

stevoe

Now I am bored...

Message 28/41             01-Nov-00  @  02:28 PM   -   RE: Novation are crap aren't they!

sham onu

bees - you got it wrong there. i bought a car recently and it had near the fog light button another button. it doesn't do anything but it's there just in case.

i then find that alot of cars have this spare button. it would be a sad day if all these owners went back to their dealer asking for a purpose for it.

i tell you - sell your nova and release your tension.......then what??

Message 29/41             01-Nov-00  @  07:32 PM   -   RE: Novation are crap aren't they!

k

yeah man - i'm selling my Polo cos the cigarette lighter button is just a fucking blanking plate !!! - rip off bastards !!!!! :P

Message 30/41             01-Nov-00  @  07:52 PM   -   RE: Novation are crap aren't they!

diabolicon

Some of you are starting to scare me...I was going to buy a Nova w/confidence of getting a good piece of gear...Now I'm hearing about all of these bugs...How often do they happen?...what are they?...Can they easily be fixed???

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

There are 41 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)