aaa SupernovaII KB - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

01-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: SupernovaII KB

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Original Message                 Date: 09-Apr-00  @  09:49 PM   -   SupernovaII KB

Rzo

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

Is it me or do these new Novation Keyboards seem completely untouchable? No other VA even compares as far as Im concerned. Ive already started saving for a Nova, but I think Im gonna hold off for a while and get the SN2. Anyone played one yet?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 21/46             25-Apr-00  @  03:16 AM   -   RE: SupernovaII KB

Phill

Dual filters allow alsorts of interesting things to be done, Formant Filters for a start, twin reso peaks at different frequencies etc. etc.

There is no difference between the rack and keyboard versions. the Brocures for the keyboard on our site are NAMM spec and the Rack brocure is Frankfurt spec. That is all. I will post updates to the keyboard brochures on our site ASAP to avoid this confusion.

Phill

Message 22/46             26-Apr-00  @  01:57 AM   -   RE: SupernovaII KB

N_Reed

Anyone care to comments on the VCO Drift feature on the new SN2?? I kind of know what it is but how exactly it would affect the sound and is it to mimic the way how real analog would sound as its detuned?? Any enlightment on this is appreciated...........

Message 23/46             26-Apr-00  @  01:41 PM   -   RE: SupernovaII KB

Phill

Its a variable control that emulates a Jupiter or other true VCO synth thats been on for a while without having the "Autotune" activated. It is variable from 000 to 127 and it does sound really cool for those Phatter thangs.

Phill

Message 24/46             28-Apr-00  @  05:16 PM   -   RE: SupernovaII KB

RYANMCWHORTER

another question for phill about the forthcoming supernova 2(thanks for all of the replies). Can the pitch wheel and mod wheel be assigned to output different midi cc messages? (a la the korg prophecy?) I want to use this board as my main controller but I need to be able to have cc control for my other synths- if these wheels cannot be reassigned, do the knobs themselves transmit cc that can be read by another synth- i.e. filter cutoff can control another synth's filter cutoff? or is this proprietary sysex only? thanks for the reply! ryan

Message 25/46             29-Apr-00  @  04:35 PM   -   RE: SupernovaII KB

Phill

There is no plan to at prestent but
do you really think this is
important? Please advise. The
prof had this sure but it was not a
major selling point.

Phill

Message 26/46             29-Apr-00  @  04:36 PM   -   RE: SupernovaII KB

Phill

major selling point.

Phill

Message 27/46             29-Apr-00  @  04:37 PM   -   RE: SupernovaII KB

Phill

major selling point.

Phill

Message 28/46             29-Apr-00  @  04:38 PM   -   RE: SupernovaII KB

Phill

major selling point.

Phill

Message 29/46             29-Apr-00  @  05:07 PM   -   RE: SupernovaII KB

craig

unless you're talking about live work, pretty well any kb config goes straight to a sequencer before going out to other instruments and the seq (eg cubase) can transform incoming messages to other messages on out, so any incoming message type can be used to control any other parameter on out.
So dig around in your sequencer, you should be able to do it from there.

This prolly doesn't work for sysex type messages but on the snv mkI the messages for knobs and all other controllers are not sysex, so I think it should work, (I haven't tried, so might be wrong  

craig

Message 30/46             30-Apr-00  @  06:39 AM   -   RE: SupernovaII KB

hebe

Hi!

Like the guy Ryan above I´d also want to use th SuperNova2 keyboard as my main controller, especially together with the EMU Proteus 2000 sound module.

I think they would complement each other greatly; the SN2keyboard would give me a good keyboard, vocoder, effects, and -- of course -- great analogue synth sounds. All while the Proteus2000 would give me great samples of different (non-techno!) instruments.

I therefore must ask you a few questions:

1) The Proteus 2000 has 128 audio channels/simultaneous voices. Do I get all of these voices if I use the SN2 as a midi controller?

2) Can I rout the sounds of the Proteus through the vocoder/effects/morphing engine of the SN2?

3) Can I use the sounds of the EMU Proteus 2000 in the arpeggiator of the SN2?

4) The Proteus uses 16-bit linear, 18-bit DAC data encoding, and has a stereo digital S/PDIF RCA output. Can I rout the sounds from a EMU Proteus 2000´s S/PDIF out to the S/PDIF in of the SN2? That would be great, while I then hopefully could put the Proteus´ sounds through the SN2´s vocoder/effects/morphing engine without having to do a few extra AD/DA-conversions on the way through the SN2.

Thanks a lot for answers

Henrik Bergman
Lund, Sweden

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

There are 46 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)