aaa ITS A SHAME HOW LONG I WAIT FOR OS4, NOVATION - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

05-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: ITS A SHAME HOW LONG I WAIT FOR OS4, NOVATION

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Original Message                 Date: 27-Jul-00  @  05:41 AM   -   ITS A SHAME HOW LONG I WAIT FOR OS4, NOVATION

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

The Price for your products are crashing down like Yamaha-Products.
The BIG supernova was selled on ebay for half of the price !
I think people donīt trust anymore in your update-politic.
If its too much work for Phil
Novation should have another person to work on it.

Iīm very angry, especially that I canīt sell it for a fair price because of your bad reputation.

I think tis was the last product Iīve bought from Novation.

I ve bought an Access Virus Keyboard and now I see the big difference :
better updates and better sounds.

THANK YOU
bene

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 21/59             28-Jul-00  @  08:50 PM   -   RE: ITS A SHAME HOW LONG I WAIT FOR OS4, NOVATION

care less

satori, it's not a she it's an it, btw
otherwise things could get messy  

Message 22/59             29-Jul-00  @  04:04 AM   -   RE: ITS A SHAME HOW LONG I WAIT FOR OS4, NOVATION

O.K., I understand that the update of the special buttons wasnīt promised when I bought the SN.
But when I bought the SN, OS4 (the FINAL Update) was promised by Phil, and I didnīt expected such a long time ("itīs not far away").

I think it wouldnīt be bad if Phil / Novation could tell us the date of the release, maybe Autumn, Winter or next Summer ?
THANX
bene

Message 23/59             29-Jul-00  @  04:20 AM   -   RE: ITS A SHAME HOW LONG I WAIT FOR OS4, NOVATION

Stefan

It was indeed a mistake of Phill that after all that grumbling he hastily announced a date that Novation could not keep. I think he regretted that a lot ;-)
Another mistake was the name of the current OS. If they wouldn't have called it OS 3.x BETA they would only have had half the number of complaints.
But we all learn.
Phill learns too.
In the beginning he had a friendly word for any nagger. Meanwhile he knows that this was wasted time ;-)

Message 24/59             29-Jul-00  @  09:32 AM   -   RE: ITS A SHAME HOW LONG I WAIT FOR OS4, NOVATION

Everybody makes mistakes, this is o.k.,
maybe we can just get some INFORMATION
about the date
bene

Message 25/59             29-Jul-00  @  10:34 AM   -   RE: ITS A SHAME HOW LONG I WAIT FOR OS4, NOVATION

sitar

Link?:  Link

I bought my Supernova with no idea that there would be another OS, so when I found out there was a new OS to dl, I was excited and very happy with the results even though I didn't much time to use it without the new OS. And when 4.0 comes out I'll undoubtedly dl that also. But this synth is loaded as is. The only time I think about an OS is when I come here and see all these posts. I have music to write and one incredible Supernova to help me write it. In fact sometimes I'd swear I'm helping it write music.

Message 26/59             29-Jul-00  @  05:24 PM   -   RE: ITS A SHAME HOW LONG I WAIT FOR OS4, NOVATION

phunkytek

Link?: Link

I have had my Nova a week and it is so easy to program and use. If you need a new OS to get good sounds out of this, you should not be writing music. People have tried to limit the sounds of the Nova to certain genre, but the sounds the nova can make are not limited at all . I've made DnB lfo bass lines, acid lines, trance melodies, and just plain strange. This thing does so much already. .New Os or not, I love this little laptop.

Message 27/59             29-Jul-00  @  05:24 PM   -   RE: ITS A SHAME HOW LONG I WAIT FOR OS4, NOVATION

phunkytek

Link?: Link

I have had my Nova a week and it is so easy to program and use. If you need a new OS to get good sounds out of this, you should not be writing music. People have tried to limit the sounds of the Nova to certain genre, but the sounds the nova can make are not limited at all . I've made DnB lfo bass lines, acid lines, trance melodies, and just plain strange. This thing does so much already. .New Os or not, I love this little laptop.

Message 28/59             29-Jul-00  @  06:44 PM   -   RE: ITS A SHAME HOW LONG I WAIT FOR OS4, NOVATION

armand1

This is a wonderful synth, there is a lot of people praising Acces for their timely and frequent updates..?..where?..I own an Access Virus b..and I have been visiting their web page for months now and still waiting for their 4.0 os update..they are both in the same boat...and they are both great products!!!

Message 29/59             30-Jul-00  @  08:33 AM   -   RE: ITS A SHAME HOW LONG I WAIT FOR OS4, NOVATION

r-tek

jesus, if you dont want your (super)novas, you can always give em to me, I`d love one. Stop complaining fer christsake, try making music with a pulse and a mw1 like I do and then try and tell me your novations are underfeatured and unfinished. Its a great box as it is, y`all bought yours strictly as they are, so why start whinging now? The fact that acces abonded the original virus as soon as the b came out whilst novation are still working on improving the (super)nova1 perhaps tells you something about the respective companies. Rant over.

Message 30/59             30-Jul-00  @  09:16 AM   -   RE: ITS A SHAME HOW LONG I WAIT FOR OS4, NOVATION

sitar

Link?:  Link

R-Tek, you do come through with a good one every now and again mate.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

There are 59 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)