aaa DJ's... ack! - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

05-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: DJ's... ack!

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Original Message                 Date: 06-Jul-00  @  09:07 PM   -   DJ's... ack!

komputerkontrolled

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

I just got in an argument with my co-worker about DJ's. What does everyone else feel about "DJ's"?

I mean how hard is it , to hit start and stop on some decks and count a few bars, throw a cross fader over once in a while??

I really think the producer is the true genious. The one that actually records the original material on the wax and took the laborious task of making the muzik. The one spent thousands of greenbacks and took the time to learn the hardware and software, instead of buying a couple hundred quid on records and acting cool...

Why is it that DJ's get more love, than producers do anyday? Or is this my own perception? What do you blokes think??

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 21/40             08-Jul-00  @  12:50 AM   -   RE: DJ's... ack!

skot_e

I heard a story of a DJ in Melbourne who played a party where the Decks were so far above the punters that he couldn't be seen. He wacked in a mix CD he had bought from Germany and then just stood there acting cool, like he was the one doin the shit! Kinda funny, but really not right.
Hardware eat ya heart out!

I gotta say had I not got into DJing and realised that I wanted more, I probably wouldn't have the studio I've got...

Message 22/40             08-Jul-00  @  09:51 AM   -   RE: DJ's... ack!

pedicelli

Link?:  Link

I have a major hangover right now and I'm never drinking again, I say. At this momment I don't even know what a fuckin' TB-303 is. I see this plastic little box on my desk but don't know what the fuck..

Man was I hella drunk last night, banging this bitch on the dancefloor and everything....goddamn..........

No one loves their techno more than me....no one!!!!!!

Message 23/40             08-Jul-00  @  08:44 PM   -   RE: DJ's... ack!

ReZo 2k

Link?: Link

Lick balls! = ) Nobody...I say nobody....loves techno more than me. I eat, sleep, dream, shit, fart, think, worship, fiend, crave, (and anything else you can think of) TECHNO! Techno is my mission in life. It's the reason I was put here in this fucked up world. Techno puts me in this trance that feels like no feeling I've ever felt. Almost better than sex (not really though heheh). Well, I almost busted a few nuts after hearing some sick ass acid!

BTW....James, hehehe, your a fool. (for that other post) =~)

Pete

Message 24/40             08-Jul-00  @  11:24 PM   -   RE: DJ's... ack!

BWPT

How many of you out there own a sound system? We do free partys in England on a regular basis and we are a strictly TECHNO sound system and involving any other styles of music on this sound system causes the worst kind of DJ politics (especially when people are trying to play carboot stylee disco and drum and bass)I can't go a day without listening to a techno track or else my mind becomes infiltrated with commercial bollocks that drives me to the point of schizophrenia.
The Neil Landstrumm-brown by august album still has to be the best fuckin techno record in the history of elctronic music.If you havent heard this album then I suggest searching for a copy on the net. It is on peacefrog records and is about 5 and a half years old.(I have listened to this album about a million or two times and it never gets boring.)If any one has heard this album leave a message on this thread or start a new one(it's entirely
up to you)

Message 25/40             08-Jul-00  @  11:55 PM   -   RE: DJ's... ack!

gruvhard

the thing i hate is that dj's make tapes and sell them and make money of off the producers hard work this is bull shit they should have to pay royalties to the producer. in the old days a club even had to write down the songs that were played and they had to pay royolties to play the songs in there clubs just like the radio stations have to do.

Message 26/40             09-Jul-00  @  09:14 AM   -   RE: DJ's... ack!

k

i suggest you shut up until you understand the music industry more... you obviously dont have a clue about it - ... 'dj's just press start'... that's the sort of stupid attitude best reserved for sites like Sonic state... most DJ remixes sound way better than the originals, and frankly most so-called producers are simply people making music in a home studio... the DJ's popularise the work, then often remix the rising toons to their BETTERMENT...

plus the dj's are taking the music out to the people whereas so-called producers (the bedroom type) don't offer one jot to the industry....

so all in all, show you have some understanding of the industry, (including club play royalty licencing, remix royalty percentages, re-licencing fees and arrangements etc) --- if you dont show that, then it is best to shut the fuck up about what you OBVIOUSLY know absolutely NOTHING about -

Message 27/40             09-Jul-00  @  03:30 PM   -   RE: DJ's... ack!

Pongoid

Damn, dude. Whippin it out monkey stylie! For the bedroom wizards, DJs may be of aid, obviously as a messenger, but it's not the act of the DJ actually mixing the records, and presenting pieces of music in an aesthetically pleasing manner that is so infuriating. It's the lack of respect for the individualz makin the shit. I very rarely hear someone say 'I wonder who made this track that's playing right now. It's the bomb!!!'. More often I hear 'Who's spinnin right now? This shit's dope!!!'. And I almost never see anyone actually walk up to the DJ and ASK what record he's playing. I do that. Every time I do, the DJ gives me a smile and hands me the record, and the jacket. Unless of course, he or she's a fuckin punk ass, in which case, I'm probably not into what they are playing anyway.

Ape

Message 28/40             09-Jul-00  @  05:23 PM   -   RE: DJ's... ack!

pedicelli

Pete,

I have over 30 MP3 CD's right now, each one more than 11 hours of music and I listen to them constantly....

I think I love techno more!  

Message 29/40             09-Jul-00  @  05:33 PM   -   RE: DJ's... ack!

eyeball paul

TWAT! ;) (not directed at anyone!)

Message 30/40             10-Jul-00  @  03:10 AM   -   RE: DJ's... ack!

skot_e

"frankly most so-called producers are simply people making music in a home studio..."
Isn't that producing?

plus the dj's are taking the music out to the people whereas so-called producers (the bedroom type) don't offer one jot to the industry....

On ya EyebalL!

Pages: 1 2 3 4

There are 40 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)