aaa Which Effekt 4 303 ??? - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

05-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Which Effekt 4 303 ???

Viewing all 35 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3 4

Original Message 1/35             18-Aug-00  @  04:13 AM   -   Which Effekt 4 303 ???

SkuReal7

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hi people,

What did i need for effekts to make the 303 sound more phat ??? And what for an effekt-machine should i buy???

Till now i used only the virtual effekts from my Sp-808 but these effekts are very cheap.

Please help me !!!

Franky

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/35             18-Aug-00  @  07:07 AM   -   RE: Which Effekt 4 303 ???

Maarten

Link?:  Link

I only use a boss distortion pedal.

-M-

Message 3/35             18-Aug-00  @  08:39 AM   -   RE: Which Effekt 4 303 ???

R

Me too! (XT-2 and OS-2)
and some eq...

Message 4/35             18-Aug-00  @  09:31 AM   -   RE: Which Effekt 4 303 ???

ReZo

I use a Boss Metal Zone MT-2, Cry Baby Wah Wah, and a Boss SYB-3 Bass Synth pedal.

~Pete

Message 5/35             18-Aug-00  @  11:04 AM   -   RE: Which Effekt 4 303 ???

pedicelli

Nothing, absolutely NOTHING beats the BOSS Distortion / Overdrive OS-2. Pick up one of those, you won't be dissapointed.

Message 6/35             18-Aug-00  @  11:12 AM   -   RE: Which Effekt 4 303 ???

Maarten

That whent wrong... my name was missing.

Message 7/35             18-Aug-00  @  11:12 AM   -   RE: Which Effekt 4 303 ???

os-2

i've got one, but i've found it's too damn noisy... anyone tried a big muff?

Message 8/35             18-Aug-00  @  04:51 PM   -   RE: Which Effekt 4 303 ???

R

Yes Pedicelli, the OS-2 sounds damn cool!! Especially when you set the color knob to 12 o'clock!!
Big Muff sounds nice, but is REALLY NOISY!!! The OS-2 is totally quite compared to it!

Message 9/35             19-Aug-00  @  11:41 AM   -   RE: Which Effekt 4 303 ???

pedicelli

You haven't experienced a noisy pedal until you've used the MT-2. Compare full distortion of the MT-2 with an OS-2 and you'll know what I mean. OS-2 hisses a lot less.

Message 10/35             19-Aug-00  @  04:48 PM   -   RE: Which Effekt 4 303 ???

ReZo 2k

The MT-2 is only noisy when no sound is running through it. But when you have sound running through it, it puts out some sweet ass crunchy distortion. I love it.

Pete

Message 11/35             20-Aug-00  @  12:09 PM   -   RE: Which Effekt 4 303 ???

komputer

I am so not into pedals. . . .

But I think Def Leppard and Bon Jovi are.

Rock On.

Message 12/35             22-Aug-00  @  05:05 AM   -   RE: Which Effekt 4 303 ???

909 Inc.

I love putting a lot of reverb on my
303. Sounds very smooth. I like that
sound. If I'm in a diffent mood, I'll just
run it through my old ass
Studiomaster six channel, and
overdrive the preamps a bit and add
some eq'ing.
The 303 is like a woman, sometimes
you want to give her some "Loveboat"
action and sometimes you want to
give her some "behind the bass
bins" action! ,know what I mean! =)

=)

909 Inc.

Message 13/35             22-Aug-00  @  05:21 AM   -   RE: Which Effekt 4 303 ???

Maarten

Know what you mean.. I like to give her a real good spanking now and then...hehe hi spank..spank....hmmmm...SPANK!SPANK!SPANK!

-M-

sorry...

Message 14/35             22-Aug-00  @  01:25 PM   -   RE: Which Effekt 4 303 ???

pedicellI

Another good effect is to plug your TB-303 into the audio inputs of the Korg ER-1. It makes massive delay. Sounds really good with an MC-202 too.

Message 15/35             22-Aug-00  @  04:49 PM   -   RE: Which Effekt 4 303 ???

komputer

Oohhh ER-1 P?

ack

Message 16/35             22-Aug-00  @  08:27 PM   -   RE: Which Effekt 4 303 ???

cocomox

Pedicelli: when I try putting stuff in the ER1, I get lots of clicks -- how else can you do it?

-Nick

Message 17/35             22-Aug-00  @  08:37 PM   -   RE: Which Effekt 4 303 ???

pedicelli

The best way to use the ER-1's audio ins is to set the decay to full. Then set the triggered steps to a typical 4/4 beat. That should minimize clicks.

Message 18/35             23-Aug-00  @  05:11 AM   -   RE: Which Effekt 4 303 ???

Maarten

Hey, I just might try that again tonight...first time I plugged it in I had the impression that the delay didn't cover the input.

-M-

Message 19/35             23-Aug-00  @  12:44 PM   -   RE: Which Effekt 4 303 ???

oldskool

Yep it sounds cool thru the ER1, delay and all the AMP controls effect the audio ins, the Low Boost werks a treat on the TB.

Message 20/35             25-Aug-00  @  04:50 AM   -   RE: Which Effekt 4 303 ???

Maarten

Seems I had audio thru on every time I tried, but now it works. Ha , and I was planning to get a delay pedal or something in that order.
Use of ER-1 sequencer is cool to , now I can mute notes coming from the TB during playback...great!

-M-

Message 21/35             26-Aug-00  @  02:30 PM   -   RE: Which Effekt 4 303 ???

pedicelli

Sequencing the audio in part and using partial decay can also give you a gated 303. It's a real cool feature.

Message 22/35             28-Aug-00  @  05:45 PM   -   RE: Which Effekt 4 303 ???

komputer

I can't listen to the ER-1 anymore. I makes me naucious.

And you talk about overused? The TB303 is a virgin compared to that thing now days. I sold that shite.

No regrets.

Message 23/35             28-Aug-00  @  09:40 PM   -   RE: Which Effekt 4 303 ???

pedicelli

You're on crack for selling that piece. Not only does it sound good, but it's a powerful MIDI instrument. Works fucking wonders with my Drum Station.

Let's now all point at Uncle Jimmy and laugh.  

Message 24/35             29-Aug-00  @  07:42 AM   -   RE: Which Effekt 4 303 ???

Maarten

Can't agrea on the naucious shite comment komputer.....;)

-M-

Message 25/35             29-Aug-00  @  09:43 PM   -   RE: Which Effekt 4 303 ???

komputerkontrolled

Dudes, it's not my fault. ..

It's Pedicelli's fault! If hear one more thing about Korg, I swear I'll puke a kidney or my liver through my nose. It's just too much!

But that box reminds me of a good old ex-girlfriend. You've part ways for a while, but eventually you'll hook back up. But for now, me and ER1 aren't talking at moment.

Message 26/35             29-Aug-00  @  09:46 PM   -   RE: Which Effekt 4 303 ???

komputer

...talking at the moment, I meant.

Message 27/35             29-Aug-00  @  09:57 PM   -   RE: Which Effekt 4 303 ???

Jenna Jameson

"SHOUT TO THE HEART, AND YOUR TO BLAME, YOU GIVE LOVE A BAD NAME.."(Bon Jovi)

Message 28/35             30-Aug-00  @  05:20 AM   -   RE: Which Effekt 4 303 ???

Britney

I think I drank too much.... Guiness
and Gin.... to understand these lyrics.
What 's your bloody point? Jeena
Spears Bon Jovi! How does this
relate to the ER-1???

......unless you are....komputer's ex!!!
Oh shite! ex girlfriends are invading
out sanctuary!!
"I'm not so innocent, I've got a MS-20"

=)

Message 29/35             30-Aug-00  @  05:25 AM   -   RE: Which Effekt 4 303 ???

I've had too many 909 kicks to the head.

Yes, you all know me,

I did have a lot of 909 kicks to the
head throught NS-10m's , I also want
to say that drinking gin is not good for
you. Especially when your 303 and
909 are within a 2 mile radius and
you are not wearing any clothes. Your
diesel keys are gone and all you've
got is a sheity 10 speed and one fag
left in your box.

Message 30/35             30-Aug-00  @  06:57 PM   -   RE: Which Effekt 4 303 ???

komputer

Rezo,

where you at kid? I emailed you, but no responce.

BTW ,sorry but my plane leaves to San Diego on Saturday. Not San Fransico after all. Sorry about that.

Peace

Message 31/35             30-Aug-00  @  07:52 PM   -   RE: Which Effekt 4 303 ???

pedicelli

Wow, Jenna Jameson likes the TB-303? Cool! I just printed 3 bomb-ass pictures of her for my room. (hehehhe).

Those Yamaha NS10's....I read about the NS20's...they seem bomb ass. Anyone know how they compare to the Behringer Truth's?

Uncle Jimmy?

Message 32/35             30-Aug-00  @  09:17 PM   -   RE: Which Effekt 4 303 ???

komputer

Nada.

Message 33/35             30-Aug-00  @  09:17 PM   -   RE: Which Effekt 4 303 ???

komputer

Nada.

Message 34/35             30-Aug-00  @  09:17 PM   -   RE: Which Effekt 4 303 ???

komputer

Nada.

Message 35/35             23-Sep-00  @  03:55 PM   -   RE: Which Effekt 4 303 ???

trev

Anyone know much about the Ibanez TS808? I just got one from a 'boot sale and was surprised to find on the internet that they are pretty sought after. It's in crappy condition without the battery cover. Worth much?

Trev

Viewing all 35 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3 4

There are 35 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)