aaa How does a sequencer work? - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

05-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: How does a sequencer work?

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Original Message                 Date: 11-Oct-00  @  03:29 AM   -   How does a sequencer work?

Silver Droid

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

By sequencer, I mean a dedicated MIDI sequencer box like the Yamaha Rm1x or those Roland's.....

I'm talking about orchestrating multiple synths and drum machines and such.....like how the fuck is all that done when there's no display like there is in Cubase and Cakewalk?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 31/37             21-Oct-00  @  04:29 PM   -   RE: How does a sequencer work?

Silver Droid

Link?:  Link

I'm starting to work now in Cubase. So far, I have it exporting MIDI clock to my ER-1 and running two seperate timbres from my Z1. It's fucking wicked and looks like it's gonna work well.

Additionally, you can record WAVE within Cubase, so I don't have to use Cool Edit Pro (externally) which drains more processing power.

Message 32/37             22-Oct-00  @  06:06 AM   -   RE: How does a sequencer work?

trypt

Link?:  No link

Do you know if there's a way to use the EA
and ER in conjunction so that the
rythymic(linear) aspect of it could be done
with the er, and the pitches entered with the
ea? Kinda like one sending CV and one
sending gate? I mean I know theres
probably no function in them that does that,
but would it be possible somehow?

Message 33/37             22-Oct-00  @  06:31 AM   -   RE: How does a sequencer work?

h

I aint tryin to be a smartass but considering that the sequencers on both work basically the same why can't you just use those midi ports to sync them up and step program the ea-1 in the places on da grid then adjust the gate time and note on the Ea-1?

just wonderin?

Message 34/37             22-Oct-00  @  06:05 PM   -   RE: How does a sequencer work?

ReZo 2k

Link?: Link

Trypt: On the ER-1 you can enter the note (pitch) and the step that you want to use. I don't think you can control the gate time though but you can do all the above on the EA-1. The ER-1 is perfect for sequencing drum machines and the EA-1 is perfect for sequencing synths and drum machines.

H: You can.

Pete

Message 35/37             22-Oct-00  @  07:32 PM   -   RE: How does a sequencer work?

trypt

Cool, thanks=) Hopefully soon, no more
cubase..

Message 36/37             22-Oct-00  @  09:38 PM   -   RE: How does a sequencer work?

yeah

dancetech is for idiots. ravers can't count.

fags

Message 37/37             23-Oct-00  @  02:39 AM   -   RE: How does a sequencer work?

H

it was a rhetorical question i got an Ea-1 myself.Thanks for answering though most peeps just say fuck you!

-;) I like gridz but MPC good stuff.ea-1 good for some tings dough ras mon.my MPC has only crashed 1 time and I got the first one that showed up at the store.Great live tool too.Just read the brochure.

Pages: 1 2 3 4

There are 37 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)