aaa SN2 and a 505 - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

17-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: SN2 and a 505

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/4             10-Jan-01  @  08:52 PM   -   SN2 and a 505

elio

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hi, I just got a SN2 rack. I already have a Roland MC505. I also have a pretty fast computer with a SBLive5.1 card and cubase. I have no idea what the best way to get all this equipment to work with eachother using midi. Im pretty new to Midi, and have had problems just hooking up the 505 and sn2 rack so that I use the 505 as a midi sequencer/recorder. I managed to get the 505 to record the movement of the knobs on the SN2. But I cant get it back again. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. Thankyou very much!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/4             18-Jan-01  @  12:11 AM   -   RE: SN2 and a 505

k

are you addressing the channels properly on playback?

Message 3/4             18-Jan-01  @  03:57 PM   -   RE: SN2 and a 505

elio

Well, the groove box seems to be using channel 14 by default. I set the SN2 Rack to MidiChannel 1. (I have the out of the sn2 rack going into the in of the 505. And the out of the 505 going into the in of the sn2rack.) When I set it to channel 1, I can trigger it from the 505 and record it, on Part1 of the 505. If I change the sn2 rack to Channel 2. I must select part 2, on the 505 and then I can play and record the SN2 rack from the 505 part 2. The question is, how do I set it up to do more than 1 channel at once?

Thanks,

Elio

Message 4/4             21-Jan-01  @  04:54 PM   -   RE: SN2 and a 505

chertzy

Isn't that where CUBASE comes in ? If you have Cubase on your computer (you say you have) then use it to sequence both synths at the same time.....either by giving 8 channels to each or by using a multiport for midi. Trying to sequence a SN2 with a 505 is probably not using the box to its full potential.

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 4 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)