aaa Nova II -Pulse Width Bug - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

08-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Nova II -Pulse Width Bug

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/4             22-Nov-00  @  07:28 PM   -   Nova II -Pulse Width Bug

Rzo

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I just updated to OS 1.5 and the new phaser is beutiful. There is a problem though, that was not there before the upgrade. When Pulse Width on any SQUARE wave oscillator is set to either extreme (-64 or +63) the Osc shuts off- no sound. When I modulate the width, it cuts off at the peaks of the modulation...Is this supposed to be like this? Phill, anyone HELP!!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/4             22-Nov-00  @  09:22 PM   -   RE: Nova II -Pulse Width Bug

Stefan

A pulse wave with width 0 or 100 isn't a wave anymore but a line.
Some synth manufacturers do not use the extrem values but limit them for example between 10% and 90%, others like Novation leave it to the user to limit the modulation depth ;-)

Regards

Message 3/4             23-Nov-00  @  07:19 AM   -   RE: Nova II -Pulse Width Bug

psylichon

It's interesting though... the orignial Nova (which I have) doens't exhibit this cahracteristic. I frequently use -64/+63 PWM'd square waves for hard leads, and the ocs don't cut off at these extremes.

psylichon

Message 4/4             01-Dec-00  @  07:30 PM   -   RE: Nova II -Pulse Width Bug

Rzo

Well that makes complete and total sense! 0 or 100 PW would be nothing but a line huh... I dont think the original novas go to this extreme.

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 4 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)