aaa anyone use nova alongside virus? - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

08-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: anyone use nova alongside virus?

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/4             02-Nov-00  @  06:05 PM   -   anyone use nova alongside virus?

alphazone

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

Anyone use both a Nova and a Virus? Do they complement each other well or would I be better off getting something like a CS6x to complement my Nova for Techno/Trance music?
I was all set to buy the CS6R then I found a Virus b and just hastily changed my mind and bought it.

Brian C

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/4             02-Nov-00  @  07:28 PM   -   RE: anyone use nova alongside virus?

GT

Link?:  No link

Tight one mate...but the Nova can do some of the smoothest basses I've heard out of any box - deep shite too!. I found the CS6R to be an OK lead box, I've had yammie synths, but don't currently like thier offerings -too raspy with no umph, never the less makes it OK for leads. That my opinion tho...cus when I hit a key on my boxes, I want 'em to knock me DOWN on the lower keys.

Dunno, this is a very difficult one JUST based on sound, I don't care about specs on this, cus I know you have other nice gear.

Nova VS Virus b - hmm, I'd take it to the shoppe and do an 1/2 hour with each, then buy the tastier one.

GT

Message 3/4             03-Nov-00  @  12:23 AM   -   RE: anyone use nova alongside virus?

Blunted

well, I just got an emu XL1 to compliment my nova...you might want to check it out as well.....

Message 4/4             10-Nov-00  @  12:05 AM   -   RE: anyone use nova alongside virus?

satori

I do use SN and TDM Virus. I do have also few Rolands, Kurzweil 2500R and Ensonic ASR 10. For all my dance (lately) stuff most often I use ASR 10,
SN and Virus. ASR 10 for all drums and percussions, SN for bass, pads and most importantly. arpeggios and sweeps. Virus is magic for SFX, some drums and basses. Virus b would be virtually the same as TDM s/ware version. Almost all sounds are the same and downloadable from Access web page. IMHO these two units are like a marriage on my system.

Cheers...

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 4 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)