aaa Should I do it ? - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

08-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Should I do it ?

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/4             12-Nov-00  @  10:07 PM   -   Should I do it ?

Liquid

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Got me a Supernova now, but a bit unsure as to whether to go from 3.0 - to 3.1 beta2 -> is it worth it ?

i know you get a load more sounds, but are you covered under warranty if you fxxk it up in the upgrade process ?

should i wait until 4.0 ?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/4             12-Nov-00  @  10:13 PM   -   Should I do it ?

Liquid

Got me a Supernova now, but a bit unsure as to whether to go from 3.0 - to 3.1 beta2 -> is it worth it ?

i know you get a load more sounds, but are you covered under warranty if you fxxk it up in the upgrade process ?

Message 3/4             12-Nov-00  @  10:20 PM   -   Should I do it ?

Liquid

Message 4/4             12-Nov-00  @  10:55 PM   -   RE: Should I do it ?

fv

Hi,

I wouldn't worry too much. There is a process that you can use to restore to the ROM OS. If yours came with OS 3.0 you can easily restore to it (it's somewhere in the manual but I can't remember). The SN is pretty good about this kind of stuff. I believe it loads the entire OS into memory and does not update it unless the entire OS got loaded in correctly.

The important thing to make sure is that your sequencer plays back at a slow enough tempo (so it won't overload the SN with sysex info). If you don't own a sequencer there are some freeware/shareware ones that should work fine.

I have been using 3.1b for a while now and have not noticed any huge problems that I cannot work around. All of the OS' have had some bugs but that is true of all synths anyway.

Try it. If you follow the update procedures everything should go fine.

HTH,
fv

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 4 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)