aaa Twin Mode - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

05-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Twin Mode

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/4             28-Sep-00  @  08:59 AM   -   Twin Mode

foomanporkchop

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Trying to fatten up a lead patch, was told one way is to set several tracks up, sending to the same channel and max out the polyphony. I wanted to know if this is the same thing as setting Twin mode to a high setting or if that is different.

Twin Mode does seem to fatten it up, but at the price of removing some of the bite and making it sound more smooth. I am a bit unsure about this and was hoping i might be able to get some input on this subject.

Cheers,
Manfoo

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/4             28-Sep-00  @  10:18 AM   -   RE: Twin Mode

99devils

Twin/unison is similar, but I believe it also detunes some of the voices and alters the stereo spread a bit to fatten the sound up. Experiment. Try it out  

-Craig

Message 3/4             28-Sep-00  @  12:35 PM   -   RE: Twin Mode

norsez

Link?: Link

manfoo, to keep bite and punch in unison mode, set the init phase option in OSC menu to anything other than zero. BTW, either playing the same sound on several channels or using unison value will both cost polyphony. While playing on several channels is awkward, it gives you a bit more freedom in programming than using unison. Virus' term, Twin mode is kept for historical reason. It's the same as Unison now.

Message 4/4             28-Sep-00  @  03:22 PM   -   RE: Twin Mode

foomanporkchop

Thanks for the info., i ended up using both, Unison set to 3, Osc phase init 127, Unison lfophase -53, and Delay reverb mode pattern 3+1. 4 tracks playing same loop, two set an octave lower. Seemed to be a bit of everything to do the trick, thanks again.

Porkfooman

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 4 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)