aaa Nova's Inputs - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

05-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Nova's Inputs

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/4             01-Oct-00  @  02:41 PM   -   Nova's Inputs

oquinlan

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

I am planning on getting a Nova as soon as I have the money, but I want to know if the inputs are stereo. Can you put a stereo signal through the filters etc, or can you link the two inputs so that you get a stereo signal out and the filters and FX are identical for each input? The reason Im asking is me and a mate are planning on doing some DJing and we want to add some FX and filtering as well as the analogue sounds of the Nova.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/4             01-Oct-00  @  03:10 PM   -   RE: Nova's Inputs

lol

Link?:  No link

inputs are not stereo, you can use an input instead of one osc. The filter is mono (all three osc inside one canal)
But you can do what you want with two identicals programs in perf mode:input1 with pgm1 and out R, input 2, pgm 2, out L.
Is it clear? The only problem is for real time control with nova knobs!
probably with an external controller or computer,same midi channel it could work very well!

Message 3/4             01-Oct-00  @  05:19 PM   -   RE: Nova's Inputs

oquinlan

So to do it you would have twist the two knobs , one for each channel yourself? I see. Are any of the knobs on the nova assignable? I could setup my RM1x knobs to do it I suppose.

Message 4/4             01-Oct-00  @  06:20 PM   -   RE: Nova's Inputs

lol

The nova don't have assignable knobs, If your RM1x transmits control change then you can do everything you want with the nova: cc105 and 106 for cutoff and reso respectively.

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 4 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)