aaa Attention Sitar - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Attention Sitar

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/4             18-Aug-00  @  06:08 AM   -   Attention Sitar

a.storey

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hi Sitar,

I've been lurking around on the dancetech forums for a couple of months or so, and learned from your posts that you use two core studio bits of gear which I have just purchased - a supernova pro and an emu ultra sampler.....I also understand you're into 'Orbital' style choons - Orbital being my personal fave producers of electronic music.

I really would be interested to hear some of your work, do you have a URL in which I could do this?

Sorry to all forum users for posting this sort of thing here, it's just I couldn't find a way of contacting him personally!

A genuinely interested newbie,
Alex.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/4             18-Aug-00  @  03:07 PM   -   RE: Attention Sitar

sitarsong

Alex, I don't have a site up as of yet and actually opened an account with idrive yesterday only so that I can put some tracks up soon. I just have too much going on at once these days including setting up this new computer, anew job and other stuff.

You know Orbital uses the Supernova. How do you like yours?

Message 3/4             18-Aug-00  @  05:16 PM   -   RE: Attention Sitar

ryanmcwhorter

yeah- i read orbital has 2 supernovas--
you can hear their movement to virtuals pretty well on middle of nowhere-
(but i kinda miss the xpander/jupiter 6/etc. they got rid of).
if your stuff is in the same vein at all
(or just IDM/warp recordsesque) i'd love to hear mp3s or .wavs. this style is similar to what i like to produce. r.

Message 4/4             18-Aug-00  @  07:30 PM   -   RE: Attention Sitar

sitar

Link?:  Link

You know, everything I write seems to come out in everything but that style. Of course you can't really pin a style on Orbital, but you know what I mean. I'm still learning my way around in all of this. I did one track a month or so ago and someone said it sounded like Orbital meets Prodigy which isn't a bad thing I guess. But I wasn't happy with it in the end. As soon as I have something to post, I'll let you guys know. I'd love to hear your stuff too.

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 4 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)