aaa Novation are crap aren't they! - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

08-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Novation are crap aren't they!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Original Message                 Date: 25-Oct-00  @  11:23 PM   -   Novation are crap aren't they!

sameoldsameold

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

Why release "new" products that are so similar to old ones, especially when the old ones still don't have complete final OS's, and the new ones have so many bugs. Maybe you will get it right with Super\Nova 3. Hmmmm, Novation, Rocky....is there a connection? Comebacks? "Stay down Rock"

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 31/41             01-Nov-00  @  08:56 PM   -   RE: Novation are crap aren't they!

Bees

yes, i have been very happy with my SN, and I like it a lot. It was very expensive but I justified it as worth it because A. it has features which kick the other synths asses B. with the supposed expansion of the OS to include more filters and OSC, it made it an even more tantalizing buy. BUT that has never happenned. And Ive had my SN long enough to know that this "OSC's in the Next OS release" has been going on since 2.0!!

You people missed my point about the car... what i meant was would you buy a car if it had buttons that didnt work but the DEALER SAID they'd make them work later... Sure, my car has buttons that dont work too.

Message 32/41             01-Nov-00  @  09:00 PM   -   RE: Novation are crap aren't they!

bees

by the way Sue, I do own a virus, and its very nice. you should try one out because it complements the SN nicely.
I do like my SN and I do use it all the time. You people seem to miss the point of it. I use my SN, its a powerful synth, but the point, at least for me, is that we have been told FOR OVER A YEAR NOW that we would get a new os "in a couple weeks" or whatever... the reason Im pissed is that we've been promised this for over a year, and still no delivery. I just want what I was told I was going to get in September of 1999.

Message 33/41             02-Nov-00  @  11:25 AM   -   RE: Novation are crap aren't they!

sue

Who told you bees?

Message 34/41             02-Nov-00  @  09:16 PM   -   RE: Novation are crap aren't they!

shpongledboy

'Special people' need 'special buttons'.

Bugs, where?

Shpongled

Message 35/41             02-Nov-00  @  09:47 PM   -   RE: Novation are crap aren't they!

bees

who told me what?

Message 36/41             03-Nov-00  @  09:29 AM   -   RE: Novation are crap aren't they!

sue

bees - "I just want what I was told I was going to get in September of 1999."

Remember saying that? .... Yes? ... OK.

SO WHO TOLD YOU?!?!?

sue

Message 37/41             03-Nov-00  @  11:34 PM   -   RE: Novation are crap aren't they!

bees

What, that it was going to be out in september of 99?

that would have been on this very messageboard, posted by phill himself.

Message 38/41             04-Nov-00  @  12:02 PM   -   RE: Novation are crap aren't they!

sue

So bees - you were told "september '99" AFTER you bought your SN?

sue

Message 39/41             05-Nov-00  @  03:58 AM   -   RE: Novation are crap aren't they!

andytronic

Link?: Link

Poop.

Message 40/41             06-Nov-00  @  07:20 PM   -   RE: Novation are crap aren't they!

You're bitching because...

They left room for improvements and put spare buttons on a machine so that when a OS upgrade comes along you will have buttons to push instead of having to press a shift key or worse go find your upgraded features buried where they aren't easy to access from the front panel.

Do you take medication?I think you're a retard.You compared a Ferrari to a MINI.this demonstrates your level of of reality based comprehension.ZERO.Maybe a Nova isn't a bad idea after all.I liked the way the super sounded and when the sales guy said this button doesn't do anything I said wow they left spare buttons on.Have patience.If some dude told you they would have an upgrade and you didn't get it as quick as you liked I suggest you try writing the upgrade yourself.Sell it or put some tape over those buttons they're driving you mad.

Does the nova have extra buttons on it?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

There are 41 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)