aaa Best 303 track ever? - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

01-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Best 303 track ever?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Original Message                 Date: 12-Apr-00  @  05:53 PM   -   Best 303 track ever?

oldskool

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

Whats your favourite Acid\303 track old or new? Mines called "different world" it's from about 89 but I can't remember who it's by, but it's an excellent example of 303 tweaking and cool lyrics.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 31/43             20-May-00  @  06:21 PM   -   RE: Best 303 track ever?

?

R@F: You mean "Acid Warrior-Acid Bytes `99" -Itīs great. 

I almost forgot "Group X-Tranze X" on the Acid Flash Vol.6 compilation.

They are hurting the 303.

I love Miss Djax (the music and looks..)

I just heard "Cirrus-Stop & Panic"(original version) and itīs f!!!!!g brilliant.

Trevor: Download napster on http://www.napster.com/ and search 4 the music you want.

Message 32/43             20-May-00  @  07:19 PM   -   RE: Best 303 track ever?

R

Link?:  Link

Yeah Miss Djax looks beatiful and makes cool music! She's the coolest DJane on this planet!

P.S. Acid Bites '99 is just a remastered version of the original from '94. It was the reason why I bought this compilation. Damn and I was wondering that the track was still the same, not a real '99 remix LOL

Message 33/43             21-May-00  @  06:37 AM   -   RE: Best 303 track ever?

BWPT

Link?: Link

There where about three tracks called acid war, but the best one by far was the first release on important records by plank.It has a bit in the middle where it slows right down and the acid line sounds seriously twisted.Heres a list of a few of my favourites:
Jochem Paap-three'o'three
Hardfloor-roargh (funalogue e.p.)
DJ ESP (Woody Mcbride)-Low e.p. on synewave.
Jeff Mills Vs the subjects-Dark matter
and another on Important records thats got a sample that goes "music for the brain from an unknown structure".

Message 34/43             21-May-00  @  05:06 PM   -   RE: Best 303 track ever?

pedicelli

"Stop and Panic" by Cirrus is amazing, but for some reason the basslines sound like the ones included with ReBirth...

Message 35/43             23-May-00  @  03:58 PM   -   RE: Best 303 track ever?

cocomox

Well...something just dawned on me...the author of "The Purest Ecstasy" is ReZo, correct? I just saw that on his site...and man, my hat goes off to you. That is one of the phattest 303 loops I've ever heard. It's pretty damn cool. I got the .rbs file, and promptly burned the song to CD. Just badass, man.

-Nick

Message 36/43             23-May-00  @  08:07 PM   -   RE: Best 303 track ever?

ReZo

Heheh, yeah, thats me. Thanks man! To tell you the truth, I actually impressed myself with that one. = ) I'm glad you liked it! You should check out the track I did called Static Control, its on my mp3.com page. The rest of the songs kinda suck and the page hasn't been updated in like forever but feel free to listen to the tracks. The songs I have up are just a bunch of stuff that came out alright but I'll never do anything with, you know?

Website URL above.

Thanks again!

~Pete

Message 37/43             23-May-00  @  08:43 PM   -   RE: Best 303 track ever?

cocomox

Damn, I am in total awe...it's like hearing a cool Prodigy song, and then talking with Liam about it! I don't want to give ya a big head, Pete, but DAMN...that's a phat track.

How many times did you have to go through it to do all the knob twisting? Did you write all the loops in ReBirth itself, or with something external? It's a nice beat, dude. You should plug it in to the real machines, and turn that track into a stereo monster!

-Nick

Message 38/43             23-May-00  @  09:02 PM   -   RE: Best 303 track ever?

ReZo

Everything in that song was composed with ReBirth, nothing else. I went through it quite a few times sequencing it...till I got sick of hearing it really. It still needs some fixing but I was so sick of hearing that I said "F*ck it....thats good enough!" = )

I need to start messing around with ReBirth again. Its hella fun!

~Pete

Message 39/43             23-May-00  @  09:31 PM   -   RE: Best 303 track ever?

cocomox

Wow, I'm in awe now...but I see how that might suck to sequence...it's like 8 minutes long!

ReBirth is cool...but I can't stand that it's in mono!!! They should just add a frickin' second channel!!! Damn those Propellerheads...make us great programs..in MONO!!!

Hey Pete, do you have any music training? A lot of Acid these days seems to be C-minor, two-note little things with no creativity...but your stuff is pretty varied. I respect that. Drop me a line sometime, to the e-mail above.

-Nick

Message 40/43             25-May-00  @  01:30 PM   -   RE: Best 303 track ever?

phixed

anything by hardfloor.......or the tune i just came up w/ last night....

pete - what's your story man? how long you been composing?>

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

There are 43 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)