aaa SupernovaII KB - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

01-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: SupernovaII KB

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Original Message                 Date: 09-Apr-00  @  09:49 PM   -   SupernovaII KB

Rzo

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

Is it me or do these new Novation Keyboards seem completely untouchable? No other VA even compares as far as Im concerned. Ive already started saving for a Nova, but I think Im gonna hold off for a while and get the SN2. Anyone played one yet?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 31/46             30-Apr-00  @  02:09 PM   -   RE: SupernovaII KB

ryanmcwhorter

comments on cc control issue-

guys I must work ass-backwards on my rig. currently I use the prophecy to control my samplers, my jupiter, my obxa and ensoniq etc. etc. primarily because I want to preserve the keys on the older analogs- I play pretty hard.
secondly, i've configured my rig for live use with only seq to midi inputs, and only use my controller's midi output at home. (i'm too busy mixing everything to play!) my analogs only receive ccs, they don't generate them. so I have to generate them from a slider/wheel or
ribbon. otherwise i'd be programming
a filter sweep in 128 seperate step time inputs. not much fun in that. so to trade in the prophecy for a new controller (supernova 2) this would be a cool feature. but not necessary. I can work around it by converting
after the fact.

as for the proteus issue, i'd say you could route the proteus to supernova via analog inputs or digital, and process with effects and vocoder. not sure about the filter. you also should be able to access all 128 programs.
I am assuming the vocoder would use the
internal osc as the carrier and the input as the modulator in this situation. but can input 1 modulate input 2 (carrier)? anyway, thanks for the responses.

ryan

Message 32/46             02-May-00  @  10:16 AM   -   RE: SupernovaII KB

Oxo

I'd vote for having a mod wheel that could be assigned to any cc, with this setting being saved with each Program/Performance.

Message 33/46             02-May-00  @  04:27 PM   -   RE: SupernovaII KB

ryanmcwhorter

maybe we can hope for this mod wheel cc assign feature in a future os update...
r.

Message 34/46             01-Jun-00  @  11:26 AM   -   RE: SupernovaII KB

RL

Can we get the drum roll for SN2 kb yet?? If not then what's the new ETA for US release. I'm not rushing but it sure tickle my nerve not knowing when(estimately)...... Talk to me!

RL

Message 35/46             01-Jun-00  @  01:15 PM   -   RE: SupernovaII KB

ryanmcwhorter

well eta seems very close- i got an e-mail from my u.s. distributor saying they should have supernova 2 keyboards by june 5th, and that I should have mine UPS (u.s. shipping company) by june 9th- hey- that's just a week away! let's hope the OS doesn't have TOO many bugs... hopefully it's flash ROM upgradeable via SMF like the virus, Q.
hope you guys will get similar info from your distributors. ryan

Message 36/46             01-Jun-00  @  06:15 PM   -   RE: SupernovaII KB

craig

I assume you're in the US, how much is it going for?

it's definitely flash rom upgradable

craig

Message 37/46             02-Jun-00  @  12:44 PM   -   RE: SupernovaII KB

ryanmcwhorter

24 voice I ordered is $2300. I get a rebate on this for 10%, but the absolute cheapest i've seen in u.s. is novamusik for $2199. you have to call though. r.

Message 38/46             02-Jun-00  @  03:00 PM   -   RE: SupernovaII KB

Pewe

If you go to http://www.musicians-gear.com you will find that you can buy the Supernova-II 24-voice for only $1850. Cheapest in Europe I believe.

Message 39/46             02-Jun-00  @  05:14 PM   -   RE: SupernovaII KB

craig

thanks for the info, btw the retail in australia is $US3000  ))) (don't know what the street price is), I figure this is why everyone uses guitars over here  

seeya
craig

Message 40/46             06-Jun-00  @  09:44 AM   -   RE: SupernovaII KB

RL

Hey Ryan or anyone, have anybody heard that the U.S. distributor receive the shipment for SN2 yet??? It's the 6th now and Ryan from above posted that the U.S. distributor prob(maybe) getting it in by the 5th... Just wondering??

RL

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

There are 46 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)