aaa units are shipping-- anyone received yet? - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

05-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: units are shipping-- anyone received yet?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Original Message                 Date: 20-Jul-00  @  04:42 PM   -   units are shipping-- anyone received yet?

ryanmcwhorter

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

well sn2 keyboards supposedly shipped to the states last week but I've heard or seen nothing (i ordered through zzounds)- anyone heard about the status of their order- read the on-line manual, can't wait. r.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 31/57             08-Aug-00  @  07:54 PM   -   RE: units are shipping-- anyone received yet?

realtrance

Link?:  Link

ryan,

In the course of my life I've been in the book biz, the mag biz, the software biz, etc. etc. and the story's pretty much the same: don't get your nose out of joint about the process. The manufacturers rarely have total control over what goes out where first and why. They try their best to create an orderly process, but as in most battle plans, once the plan hits the reality, all hell breaks loose and you just watch and pray.

I'm sure Novation will have full availability soon; those with the most _urgent need_ to have an SNII will gladly splurge for a few extra voices to have it _now now now_, and if you just roll over and have a wink or two, before you know it you might even be able to find a ratty old 24-voice version at a dealer near you, ain't that just wunnerful.

rt

Message 32/57             08-Aug-00  @  09:57 PM   -   RE: units are shipping-- anyone received yet?

sitar

Ryan. From my experience I agree with rt. I know what it's like to have to wait for something I really want NOW and it's a royal pain. But hang in there amigo. I'm sure Novation wants you to have one as much as you want them to get one out to you. And Novation will support you once you have it from there on, which is the really great thing. I can say that from experience too.

Message 33/57             09-Aug-00  @  12:46 PM   -   RE: units are shipping-- anyone received yet?

realtrance

sitar,

Forgot to apologize for stealing your handle inadvertently a few threads back there. Sorry! Weird, I didn't do that intentionally.

Hope all's well there. I realized last night why I haven't been spending as much time as I should with my SN -- I just sound so _good_ with barely any effort, it spoils me! -- so I go back to struggling with my other instruments.....

Seriously, the SN really does stand out, to the point where it's difficult for me to imagine how the SN II could sound any better (and I'm sure it does).

Do you have any impressions -- _musical_ impressions -- you might be able to share with all of us regarding your own tour of SN/Nova IIs in your area?

rt

Message 34/57             09-Aug-00  @  03:02 PM   -   RE: units are shipping-- anyone received yet?

sitar

The only thing I can honestly say at this point is that I like the way the SN2 is layed out. I want to go back and hear bank D. The problem is that in a place like Sam Ash in midtown Manhattan there are almost always several synths being played at the same time within 15 meters of eachother. I want to go back when I have some more time to plug in a pair of headphones. That's what I always do when I go to purchuse something.

Message 35/57             09-Aug-00  @  06:58 PM   -   RE: units are shipping-- anyone received yet?

realtrance

Yes, headphones are really a must in such a setting.

Let us know if/when you're at a point where you feel you have a useful opinion to spout here, I'm sure many here would find your comments valuable.

Once again, though, it amazes me how little, no matter how much reading you do, you can really tell about an instrument until you're hands-on with it (and ears-on, of course).

All the talk is fun, though, and gives us who are beyond the reaches of a 48-voice SN II the chance to ooh and aah.  

rt

Message 36/57             10-Aug-00  @  08:08 AM   -   RE: units are shipping-- anyone received yet?

sitar

Will do. Useful opinion? Don't think I've ever given one of those before.  

Message 37/57             10-Aug-00  @  11:51 AM   -   RE: units are shipping-- anyone received yet?

realtrance

okay... so give us a useless opinion, at least.  

rt

Message 38/57             10-Aug-00  @  12:26 PM   -   RE: units are shipping-- anyone received yet?

cpowell

Link?: Link

Ryan,

your dealer should have been in touch with you by know regarding your Supernova II 24 Voice Keyboard - we have been shipping for about 3 weeks now. You are going to love your blue monster!!

It's been great to hear everyone's feedback regarding the new Keyboards...the response has been tremendous. I have been able to play both a Supernova & Nova Keyboard, they sound awesome, the keys are quality semi-weighted with velocity/aftertouch. The Supernova II has this built in drum mode that you can edit (just using 1 part and leave 5 or 8 parts free for instrumentation) and the Unison mode is wicked!! Alot of thought & attention has gone into the layout. Well done Phill and Co.....you guys know who you are...these keyboards are the business.

Laters, Claire @ Novation

Message 39/57             10-Aug-00  @  03:07 PM   -   RE: units are shipping-- anyone received yet?

ryanmcwhorter

claire- i'll sit on my hands for a few more weeks and see what happens.
no green light on my order from zzounds yet- in fact he hung up on me! thanks for responding (again!)- sorry to be a nuisance -- i've been waiting on this beast since its photo was on the novation site back in august 1999.
can't wait. r.

Message 40/57             10-Aug-00  @  04:13 PM   -   RE: units are shipping-- anyone received yet?

Blunted

hmm, 2 playstation1 chips?
what happened to the emotion engine
or something like that????

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

There are 57 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)