aaa desperate... - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

08-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: desperate...

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Original Message                 Date: 16-Sep-00  @  06:04 AM   -   desperate...

trevor

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

Can anyone give me their thoughts on what features the sequencer in a 303 clone should have added / omitted? I know I'm probably really, really pissing people off posting these requests all the time but I would really appreciate suggestions. As you might remember, I started this project bloody months ago and it's about time I got started... Thanks all - Trev

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 31/58             23-Sep-00  @  10:02 AM   -   RE: desperate...

ReZo 2k

Link?:  No link

Well, it can't be the same anyways cause Roland would sue the hell out of you. Sad but true.

Pete

Message 32/58             23-Sep-00  @  05:06 PM   -   RE: desperate...

cocomox

I say nothing more then! Yeah, more room for patterns, better display, and sync 24/MIDI, but other than that, keep her to the tried and true!

How much is this thing going to cost?

-Nick

Message 33/58             24-Sep-00  @  07:07 AM   -   RE: desperate...

trev

I'm still finding it hard to decide- LCD or LED? Methinks an LCD is still a bit of an overkill for what's essentially a little monosynth.

I'd like to be able to sell it for 200 to 250 GBP (300 to 375 USD). Whether I'll manage to do that or not I don't know. But that's what I'm aiming for ;-)
Trev

Message 34/58             25-Sep-00  @  05:01 PM   -   RE: desperate...

trev

Things are kind of starting to move at the moment, with prototype bits of circuitry slowly evolving on my overcrowded desk...

What kind of enclosure would you lot prefer?

I'm thinking of an aluminium case similar in size to the TB. In fact, something rather like the MAM SQ16 - exactly that style. Would that go down well?

Message 35/58             25-Sep-00  @  07:07 PM   -   RE: desperate...

cocomox

Works for me! Yeah, go for the LED, keep the cost low. $300-375 is a sweet price, if you're able to keep it there.

-Nick

Message 36/58             26-Sep-00  @  04:15 AM   -   RE: desperate...

Hank

make sure the lfo has that tap trigger
controller.please.................
;-

Message 37/58             26-Sep-00  @  05:01 PM   -   RE: desperate...

trev

I found a company that will custom manufacture me suitable steel enclosures for a very good price, which includes front panel screen printing, everything.... I'm dead chuffed about this. I might be able to do it cheaply after all..

OK- on the subject of the enclosure- what sort of colour schemes would go down well? The case will be similar to the TB303 but made of mild steel. Bottom/sides will be black, but I am thinking of offering a range of different top panel colours e.g. silver (or gray, or unpainted), blue, red and yellow? I can obtain button caps to match each scheme. Imagine a blue top with blue LEDs...

Trev

Message 38/58             27-Sep-00  @  04:23 PM   -   RE: desperate...

oldskool

Cool, but blue Leds would bump the cost up, what about a black or blue case with orange LEDs, or yellow???

Message 39/58             27-Sep-00  @  04:37 PM   -   RE: desperate...

H

how about faux carbon fiber?When do you think this joint will happen.Can you build me that midi clock divider still?I plan on using it to play my 777 at a reasonable speed over some d&b beats to answer that burning question from months ago.

Message 40/58             27-Sep-00  @  04:42 PM   -   RE: desperate...

H

I really would like to see that Lfo w/ a momentary trigger please.Oh yeah and don't let assholes who tell you you aren't going to build shit get you down R&D on something like this for the little guy must be insane.I hope you're building this out of love and not $$$$$ fantasies because I'd rather buy from someone like you instead of a some corporate marketing disaster anyday.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

There are 58 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)