aaa ITS A SHAME HOW LONG I WAIT FOR OS4, NOVATION - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

05-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: ITS A SHAME HOW LONG I WAIT FOR OS4, NOVATION

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Original Message                 Date: 27-Jul-00  @  05:41 AM   -   ITS A SHAME HOW LONG I WAIT FOR OS4, NOVATION

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

The Price for your products are crashing down like Yamaha-Products.
The BIG supernova was selled on ebay for half of the price !
I think people donīt trust anymore in your update-politic.
If its too much work for Phil
Novation should have another person to work on it.

Iīm very angry, especially that I canīt sell it for a fair price because of your bad reputation.

I think tis was the last product Iīve bought from Novation.

I ve bought an Access Virus Keyboard and now I see the big difference :
better updates and better sounds.

THANK YOU
bene

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 31/59             30-Jul-00  @  10:58 AM   -   RE: ITS A SHAME HOW LONG I WAIT FOR OS4, NOVATION

Pepe

Well R-tek, Access never said a year ago that they SOON were going to release an upgrade for the Virus-A. I think what people here are upset about is the fact that something was promised a long time ago and they are still waiting for it. I think that the nova is a great mashine but when you market it as a upgradable synth, Novation really should release an upgrade before they release a new product. Virus-A was upgraded several times before Virus-B was released.

Message 32/59             30-Jul-00  @  11:42 AM   -   RE: ITS A SHAME HOW LONG I WAIT FOR OS4, NOVATION

r-tek

but the point is, the upgraded OS has been in the pipeline for some time, and so has the new novas. So, whilst novation were never under any obligation to make a new, big upgrade to the SW, they`ve decided to go ahead with it despite that fact that it may lose them sales of the new units. And anyone with half a brain can figure that the reason the new OD is taking so long is because they`ve had to get the new novas ready and iron out any bugs with them. The new OS is still coming, sure its late, but contrary to what has been said above, they`re still a small company trying hard to compete with the big-boys (Access did take alot of technical and business knowledge with them from Waldorf, remember) so what the hells the problem? Stop complaining, its a finished machine that sometime in the future is gonna get better.

sitar - least that makes one of us then :p

Meeeee-oww.

Message 33/59             30-Jul-00  @  02:31 PM   -   RE: ITS A SHAME HOW LONG I WAIT FOR OS4, NOVATION

sitar

Link?:  Link

True u lousy good 4 nothin @#!*{

And R-Tek I know you reside in sampler heaven but you should get one of these synths when you can. They'll blow you away I think.

Message 34/59             30-Jul-00  @  03:15 PM   -   RE: ITS A SHAME HOW LONG I WAIT FOR OS4, NOVATION

r-tek

mate, I`m desperate for one but I`ve promised myself I`m gonna start paying me debts off before I create some more   I`ll swap you yours for a half drunken can of "jucee tropical" sparkling pineapple and grapefruit drink? Fine, be like that then, I`ll just drink it meself. On a more serious note, I`ve finally decided to go through with the studio clearout - 2 synths, a sampler and my MPC is whats staying, so who knows, maybe I`ll let the gearwhore pixies get the better of me.

Message 35/59             30-Jul-00  @  04:06 PM   -   RE: ITS A SHAME HOW LONG I WAIT FOR OS4, NOVATION

sitar

Half drunken beer might've been a tempting offer unless it was Guiness. How the hell do you people drink that stuff? My theory is that you have to sit there for so long after you've ordered the thing while the bartender dotes over it, by the time you get it you're thirsty enough you'll drink anything.

Only one sampler in your studio? You can't live on one sampler. Anyone else I'd say OK, but you?

If I hadn't gone out and bought this new pc I might try to sneek in with the pixies.

Message 36/59             30-Jul-00  @  04:28 PM   -   RE: ITS A SHAME HOW LONG I WAIT FOR OS4, NOVATION

r-tek

ah well, it wasn`t beer, more of a tropical fizzy drink, but I`ve drunken it now so its too late for you to change yer mind. Guiness? Never figured it out either, nasty stuff, good for racehorses tho - they give it to em when they get a cold as a pick-me-up so I guess it has a use. Just one smapler, I know, but the mpc samples too so the withdrawal symptoms wont be too bad.

Message 37/59             31-Jul-00  @  08:51 AM   -   RE: ITS A SHAME HOW LONG I WAIT FOR OS4, NOVATION

satori

"satori, it's not a she it's an it, btw otherwise things could get messy  "

Upps... thanx... sound like... she, female anyway.

I'll never learn that horrible, illlogical language.

Message 38/59             02-Aug-00  @  04:43 AM   -   RE: ITS A SHAME HOW LONG I WAIT FOR OS4, NOVATION

enuff

Ok enough is enough, you people were happy enough with the Nova when you first purchased it (knowing full well that there was a certain button which did not work then either) so what has changed?? All genuine Nova/Supernova owners know what these synths are capable of and those few idiots who claim they will get rid of their Nova if a certain feature is not included in OS4 well fine. Do that. Again, why did you bother in the first place? There are many more people out there like myself who will gladly buy your Nova. You are very lucky to be able to afford and use one. Take your playground whinging elsewhere.

Novation Rocks.

p.s in case any of you feel the need to reply with some sarcastic insult go for it!!! Guess what!! me dont give a shit

Message 39/59             02-Aug-00  @  09:06 AM   -   RE: ITS A SHAME HOW LONG I WAIT FOR OS4, NOVATION

sitar

R-Tek, if I win the lottery before you get one yourself, there'll be a Supernova 2 KB Pro on your doorstep the next morning. Promise.  

Message 40/59             02-Aug-00  @  02:48 PM   -   RE: ITS A SHAME HOW LONG I WAIT FOR OS4, NOVATION

care less

enuff who says it's enough just cause you say it's enough, huh huh huh ;-)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

There are 59 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)