aaa tb-303....Over-hyped?..Please enlighten me - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

01-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: tb-303....Over-hyped?..Please enlighten me

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Original Message                 Date: 27-Apr-00  @  08:13 PM   -   tb-303....Over-hyped?..Please enlighten me

cristina

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

Guys I have been looking at different synths and they all seem to have that tb-303 sound and then some. They have effects,tweaking of sounds and arpeggiator functions that make the tb-303 seem a little obsolete to me. Not to mention that pricewise the tb-303 can get a little ridiculous. Mind you I don't own a tb-303 thats why I am posting this question. I am looking hard at a novation nova synth module.
what gives?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 31/75             14-May-00  @  08:12 PM   -   RE: tb-303....Over-hyped?..Please enlighten me

cocomox

Damn...snares are my favorite drum...after kickdrums. Does it have a nice kickdrum? I do like Drum & Bass (if it's done well...it's the most commonly butchered electronic music I've found yet), but Trance is my true favorite. Do you think I'll be able to get some trancy drum loops out of it?

That being said, I'm trying to decide what to spend a good chunk of cash on. Considering that my current equipment consists of a CS2x, ReBirth, and a sound card, should I get:

JP-8000
TB-303
Future-Retro 777
ER-1
Drum Station
TR-x0x

Or what? I'm trying to stay under $800, and most of those fall into that category, or right around it. Thanks,

-Nick

Message 32/75             14-May-00  @  11:57 PM   -   RE: tb-303....Over-hyped?..Please enlighten me

Subtex

you should check out the jomox x-base 9 or the airbase both really cool analog drum kits the x-base is a full fledged drum machine and you can also use it to sequence external synths..

Message 33/75             15-May-00  @  12:16 AM   -   RE: tb-303....Over-hyped?..Please enlighten me

cocomox

Crap...that jomox is a little too rich for me. The ER-1 is looking like something I can afford a little better. What are the advantages of the x-base to the ER-1?

-Nick

Message 34/75             15-May-00  @  05:10 AM   -   RE: tb-303....Over-hyped?..Please enlighten me

909 Inc.

The Jomox 09 is fukin awesome.

808,909,weird 808/909 kicks that KO
your frekin subs... freaked hats.. tons
of sounds, knob movement
recording, patterns can be chained to
64 notes (16 x4) like the ER-1. Full
midi, cc data and fukin DIN SYNC!
what else? Nice wooden sides
850$ not bad.

My drumstation is outta here!

This and the ER-1 are the best drum
machines out there right now.

Message 35/75             15-May-00  @  11:41 AM   -   RE: tb-303....Over-hyped?..Please enlighten me

R

Link?: Link

There are some information about the XBase09 on my site. Check it out.

Message 36/75             15-May-00  @  03:31 PM   -   RE: tb-303....Over-hyped?..Please enlighten me

cocomox

Ok, so the ER-1 and the Jomox are the nice drums now...are the differences between the Jomox and the ER-1 so great that the $450 price difference is worth it? I don't really need the best there is, just something to kick out some good drums for me.

Now, new question. Is the FutureRetro 777 an exact emulation of the TB-303? I'm probably going to buy the ER-1, the 777, and then that'll be it for awhile. If the 777 isn't good enough 303 sound, I'll have to get a real 303 instead. Any thoughts?

-Nick

Message 37/75             15-May-00  @  03:38 PM   -   RE: tb-303....Over-hyped?..Please enlighten me

R

Link?:  Link

YES!!! THE DIFFERENCES BETWEEN THE XBASE and ER-1 ARE WORTH $450!!!!
Believe me ;)

Message 38/75             15-May-00  @  05:58 PM   -   RE: tb-303....Over-hyped?..Please enlighten me

ReZo

The 777 does do a pretty good 303...not exact but pretty good. The accent on the 777 is a bit different than the one on the 303. The sound is pretty damn close though. Nothing can perfectly recreate the 303 so if you just want the 303 sound, get a real TB-303, but if you want something that can give you the 303 sound and a hell of alot more, than get a 777. I have both and I have to admit that they make a perfect couple. Check out my website for some info, reviews, and real audio demos of the 777. Click on Future Retro.

Pete

http://high-society.homepage.com

Message 39/75             15-May-00  @  06:36 PM   -   RE: tb-303....Over-hyped?..Please enlighten me

pedicelli

If you're looking to buy a polysynth, you can't go wrong with the JP-8000. But that alone will cost you $800.00 - $900.00 USD.

Message 40/75             15-May-00  @  11:37 PM   -   RE: tb-303....Over-hyped?..Please enlighten me

cocomox

Thanks for all the help! R@F, ReZo, etc, thanks for the links. I put myself on the waiting list for the 777, my number should be up in 6 weeks.

I just can't spend so much for drums. I'm more concerned with my synth right now, and the 777 seems to be awesome for the money. Does the JP-8000 have any pads, or strings, or anything like that, or just regular waveforms?

I guess my setup will be to use the 777 as my main synth, get the ER-1 for drums, and the CS2x as my backup/strings/pads synth? Does this sound like something I could get going with? What would I need in terms of effects processors or a mixer? I just need something cheap, but will do the job. Later,

-Nick

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

There are 75 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)