aaa DJ's... ack! - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

05-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: DJ's... ack!

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Original Message                 Date: 06-Jul-00  @  09:07 PM   -   DJ's... ack!

komputerkontrolled

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

I just got in an argument with my co-worker about DJ's. What does everyone else feel about "DJ's"?

I mean how hard is it , to hit start and stop on some decks and count a few bars, throw a cross fader over once in a while??

I really think the producer is the true genious. The one that actually records the original material on the wax and took the laborious task of making the muzik. The one spent thousands of greenbacks and took the time to learn the hardware and software, instead of buying a couple hundred quid on records and acting cool...

Why is it that DJ's get more love, than producers do anyday? Or is this my own perception? What do you blokes think??

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 31/40             10-Jul-00  @  11:03 AM   -   RE: DJ's... ack!

k

yes it is producing, but i mean all of the 'anti-DJ' whining tends to come from bedroom producers who i guess feel angry that they aint gettinhg the fame they assume they deserve, or perhaps they feel that 'If ONLY producers got more credit, i'd get famous' ??... so i just reckon that most of the bedroom producers who whine do so cos they are frustrated & want to be famous, I doubt you'll find whiners on this subject amongst people who are getting stuff out and working in the scene (apart from some 'Top-name Star-DJ' slaggings that is)...... so as far as the bedroom aspiring producers (where EVERYONE STARTS), no ones going to listen to it are they??... you're not going to get 10,000 people turning up to your bedroom saying: "play that track for us" - whereas a dj might play your toon to 10,000 people over the period of a couple of weeks... i think you'd be VERY wrong to assume the music creators don't get props ...that is rubbish... most punters sure they dont know or care who they are dancing to.. but alot DO know who's tracks are who's and the labels they are on, and they seek those out in the stores - Also, the dj's know who's who, and if you cut a good track, they'll look for the next one... Sooo, i mean perhaps someone is pissed cos THEY want to be famous and see DJ's as getting all the credit cos they are getting none... too bad mate !! :-).

Message 32/40             11-Jul-00  @  09:00 PM   -   RE: DJ's... ack!

pedicelli

Link?:  Link

I'm seeing Oakenfold this Saturday...nah-nah-na-na-nah!!!  
DJ Tiesto is also gonna be there!!! Can't wait!!!

Message 33/40             14-Jul-00  @  02:00 PM   -   RE: DJ's... ack!

swanofnever

i don't know about that guy, he seems pretty hit/miss (and really hyped)... i remember hearing some mix cd he did, and he'd go from some ass-kicking track (i.e cm's dream universe, THE simplest, wickedest song) to some nasty skanky lame-ass diva-house number... i mean the disc had some solid tunes on it, but also some really, really brutal crap...

Message 34/40             21-Jul-00  @  06:32 AM   -   RE: DJ's... ack!

s l o t 1

Link?: Link

My opinion is it depends on the DJ as to whether or not they get the popularity they deserve. I think there are a couple very revolutionary DJs, but not many. My favorite DJ is Richie Hawtin. The man has a talent for picking out certain fequencies of records and mixing them with other freqs. of other records while adding 909 on top. Anyone check out his Decks, EFX, and 909 disc? Not much 909, but 4 turntables! not every DJ can do that. He puts tracks together in a way that forms new songs from preexisting ones. Granted, he has the money to buy the best equipment, the best records, and spend all day working on his shit, but it still isn't an easy thing to do. Not to mention the fact that he's F.U.S.E., Plastikman, Up!, etc. I'll agree that most DJs really are over hyped, but you also have to remember, they're the ones who are the face to the music. They're the ones people see, not you the producer. How is some 16 candyraver going to know who you are if she's just seeing the DJ. Get out there and make a name for yourself as a live act if you want the recognition of a DJ. later

s l o t 1
www.slot1.net

Message 35/40             21-Jul-00  @  09:06 AM   -   RE: DJ's... ack!

Jasper

ok so your pissed that you aint getting recognition or shit?

do you really want it????

I mean REALLY??? cos when you do get recognition to the extent that a lot of people know your face, suddenly you'll find that you have no mates anymore.. cos you can't tell if someone wants to talk to you because of 'you' or becasue of 'who' you are, next thing you know your getting paranoid that everyone around you don't really care about you.. and that hurts. and then they all wonder why you go off the rails and chuck it all in..

it's shit.. take it from me.. fuck it.. just make track aint that enough?

Message 36/40             21-Jul-00  @  06:46 PM   -   RE: DJ's... ack!

komputer

TotallY! your soo right.

Message 37/40             21-Jul-00  @  08:01 PM   -   RE: DJ's... ack!

pedicellI

I'm seeing Richie Hawtin on the 23rd of August! There's gonna be 50,000 people at this rave!! It's gonna be good, maybe better than Paul Oakenfold! Check out the lineup:

www.geocities.com/pedicelli.geo/cream2000.htm

Message 38/40             22-Jul-00  @  09:51 AM   -   RE: DJ's... ack!

nobody

so 50,000 attendees means a good time? bah

Message 39/40             24-Jul-00  @  01:45 PM   -   RE: DJ's... ack!

k

ha ha - i'm seeing judge jules on friday... it has to be good cos he's famous... chuckle... man, i swear, i never heard a TOP set outside of small private parties and dole-party gigs

Message 40/40             28-Jul-00  @  06:24 AM   -   RE: DJ's... ack!

Jasper

Judge jules aint bad on a night.. depends though.. at sundissential his stuff is hard.. but Lisa Lashes is better.

but the best thing about Judge Jules is all the gorgeous totty you just know are going to be hanging round the dj booth.. phwwooaarrr!!! damn these randy pills!!

Pages: 1 2 3 4

There are 40 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)