aaa Best 303 track ever? - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

01-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Best 303 track ever?

Viewing all 43 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3 4 5

Original Message 1/43             12-Apr-00  @  05:53 PM   -   Best 303 track ever?

oldskool

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Whats your favourite Acid\303 track old or new? Mines called "different world" it's from about 89 but I can't remember who it's by, but it's an excellent example of 303 tweaking and cool lyrics.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/43             13-Apr-00  @  05:55 AM   -   RE: Best 303 track ever?

Maarten

Link?:  Link

Shit , how could I NOT know the title...
well it was by the Acid Junkies , released, I believe around 1993/4.Great bassline  

Message 3/43             13-Apr-00  @  08:04 AM   -   RE: Best 303 track ever?

mew

Well its hard to say which one is the best..there are (fortunately)so many good 303 tracks. 
One of my favorites are definitly Experimental 18, No headroom by Electric Indigo and DJungle fever 16, paradise city by Mike Ink.
Superb harder acid tracks

Message 4/43             13-Apr-00  @  08:44 AM   -   RE: Best 303 track ever?

Franky

My favourite Acid Track is: Dj MIsjah & Dj Tim "Access" released about 93/94 on X-Trax Records.

Message 5/43             13-Apr-00  @  10:04 AM   -   RE: Best 303 track ever?

ReZo-99

Access is a dope ass track but its not a 303...nope...its an MC-202. Another dope track with a 202 is "We Mess With Your Head". Wicked shit!

I don't know what my favorite 303 track is...maybe Hardfloors "Lost In A Silver Box" or "Blue Monday remix"...or shit...anything by Hardfloor. Too many wicked tracks to name. I'd have to throw "Confusion" from Blade in there too.

ReZo

Message 6/43             13-Apr-00  @  10:06 AM   -   RE: Best 303 track ever?

Maarten

Almost forgot about that classic! 2nd that after the AJ's. The TB screams like hell in "Access".

Message 7/43             13-Apr-00  @  10:12 AM   -   RE: Best 303 track ever?

Maarten

ReZo , you must've posted same time...
You've gotta be bitchin me it's no 303!?
If you suggest the MC-202 can squeez THAT shit out of itself I'm gonna search and search for it till I weigh an ounce!! Not to mention that the price
is better...
BTW on what do you base that comment?

greetingz, -M-  

Message 8/43             13-Apr-00  @  03:51 PM   -   RE: Best 303 track ever?

909 Inc.

Link?: Link

All tracks mentioned are great. I think
that one song by Daft Punk has a
really nice 303 line in it. The bassline
is perfectly distorted and it growls
with life. Good stuff.
My track titled "lsd part 1&2" has a
very nice 303 lines in it. I guess its a
good thing when you love the music
you made yourself. If you want to
hear, click the url.
Also in regards to the 202 vs 303 on
the track Access, Rezo-99 and 909
Inc, might do a comparison maybe
this weekend. I got some wicked
sounds out of the 202, and the
sequencer in the 202 is just as
intriguing as the 303. We'll post the
results when ready.

-909 Inc.

Message 9/43             13-Apr-00  @  05:33 PM   -   RE: Best 303 track ever?

R

My favourite Acid-Track is "Powersurge" by 303 Nation and can be found on the Strobe Jams 3 EP ('94).

Message 10/43             13-Apr-00  @  08:21 PM   -   RE: Best 303 track ever?

ReZo-99

Maarten, the 202 and 303 has alot of differences. For one, the filter is way different. Thats what usually gives it away. On the 202 the cut off frequency goes higher and lower then the 303. The resonance is far beyond the 303 too. Some other things that are different too are the accent and the sequencer. The accent on the 202 is just a volume boost and the accent on the 303 has a bit of a wah to it. The sequencer is different too. You can usually tell the difference by the sequence alone but I guess that could take a good ear it you have the envelope set properly. I've come pretty close to getting a 303 out of the 202 but not perfect. Maybe me and 909inc. will put some real audio up on my site to compare the 303 to the 202. I still need to put some up comparing the 303 to the 777. Soon...I promise.

Access is definitly a 202 but always mistaken as a 303. At least I'm 99.9% positive.

Place your arguements here:

Pete "ReZo-99" Z.
Formally known as High Society

Message 11/43             14-Apr-00  @  01:06 AM   -   RE: Best 303 track ever?

frankreitz

My favourite 303 track is without a doubt 'ACID WAR' by ??.

Btw. ReZo-99, if the track you refer to as 'confusion' is the blade-soundtrack by 'new order' believe me -it's no 303 either 
909Inc, the track you refer to is 'Da Funk' by 'Daft Punk'. It's a great track. I bought their cd 'Homework' because of this track. Some other wicked shit can be found on their CD as well...

Message 12/43             14-Apr-00  @  03:32 AM   -   RE: Best 303 track ever?

Maarten

Acid War was on the Stay-up-Forever label , believe it was Chris Liberator who did that one .., or was it Dave the Drummer? Come to think of it , I remember a track titled Acid War aswell
on DJAX-UP BEATS , i think..
And ReZo , you're convincing me mucho to get a 202 ,if I can find one,...higher - lower cut-off freq......
more resonance... Yummy yummy  
Oh , I take it you could also create sounds unlike the 303 eh?

-M-

Message 13/43             14-Apr-00  @  07:54 AM   -   RE: Best 303 track ever?

Franky

Another favourite Acid Track is from Silverbox "exciter" there are about seven different tb Lines in that Track. Damn cool!! The Track was released on Chocis Chewns a former label of the Liberator Crew.

Now Primal Scream released an Dope Track remixed by The Chemical Brothers: "WAR PIGS" This track Rocks!!!

Message 14/43             14-Apr-00  @  09:36 AM   -   RE: Best 303 track ever?

ReZo-99

"Btw. ReZo-99, if the track you refer to as 'confusion' is the blade-soundtrack by 'new order' believe me -it's no 303 either "

If you ask me, It sounds too much like ReBirth...but...I must disagree with you. It has to be a 303. Even if it was done with ReBirth, its still a 303...well, sort of. You can easily tell that the second bassline is definitly a 303 but as far as the main acidline, well...I tried and tried to program it in my 303 but I had no such luck getting it but I did get it EXACT on my 777. I ran it through the Boss Metal Zone and shit...Confusion! If you know what exactlty was used...I NEED TO KNOW! ITS KILLING ME!

ReZo-99

Message 15/43             14-Apr-00  @  12:12 PM   -   RE: Best 303 track ever?

jcraig

ACID WAR is a fucking legendary track, wish I knew where to get one. Another favorite is Kangaroos and Bubbles by Hardfloor. Roar off Funalogue is sweet too, the hardest Hardfloor I ever heard. The early Drop Bass (yay Wisconsin!) releases by ESP Woody are killer too.

Message 16/43             15-Apr-00  @  10:23 AM   -   RE: Best 303 track ever?

wayne

Has anyone heard Pump Panel's "Ego Acid" that has go to rate as one of the best. Any thing by Hardfloor as well

Message 17/43             16-Apr-00  @  09:55 AM   -   RE: Best 303 track ever?

JT Static

Patrick Lindseys Nerv Crush on harthouse 6 compilation. it's harder than any other 303 track that I've heard.

Message 18/43             16-Apr-00  @  05:47 PM   -   RE: Best 303 track ever?

A.H.

Harthouse's unfortunately dead for a long time now....

Message 19/43             19-Apr-00  @  05:04 AM   -   RE: Best 303 track ever?

Franky

Another important and legendary acid track in my eyes is: Damon Wild & Tim Taylor "Bang the Acid" on SynewaveNewyork.

The TB is a little bit on the backround but screams abolut.

Message 20/43             19-Apr-00  @  04:46 PM   -   RE: Best 303 track ever?

Atsushi

Yeah there are two 303's in this track. The screamy one in the background and the main low resonant, bit percussive sequence. And the vocal sample bangs!!

Message 21/43             12-May-00  @  10:51 PM   -   RE: Best 303 track ever?

cocomox

I started to suspect that "Confusion" was a 303 track...but how the hell did they get all that sound? Sounds like a lot of distortion and delay...anyone know what they used?

Also...what was used for Prodigy's "Smack My Bitch Up?" That's a classic...even better if it was a 303.

-Nick

Message 22/43             13-May-00  @  05:16 AM   -   RE: Best 303 track ever?

trevor

Can anyone point me in the direction of any mp3's of some classic tb303 tracks? I must confess that a lot of these artist names are not familiar to me and I need educating ;-)

- Trev

Message 23/43             13-May-00  @  11:53 AM   -   RE: Best 303 track ever?

cocomox

Well, since Confusion indeed IS a 303 track, check it out. Confusion, by New Order. It's on the Blade soundtrack, track 11.

-Nick

Message 24/43             13-May-00  @  12:00 PM   -   RE: Best 303 track ever?

pedicelli

Another good 303 track is "Eclipse (Sun's Mix)" by Gamma Loop. It can be found on the German compilation "Rave Mission Vol. 2".

Message 25/43             15-May-00  @  09:12 AM   -   RE: Best 303 track ever?

Maarten

How could I forget "U" by Scott Project?

Message 26/43             16-May-00  @  06:14 PM   -   RE: Best 303 track ever?

unconfused

Re: Confusion (The Pump Panel Remix) used in the Blade soundtrack, it IS a TB303 doing the distorted line, it is running thru a Hafler or Coron distortion unit (can't remember which). Boss distortion pedals lose too much of the bass content for satifactory results with a Bassline.

Message 27/43             17-May-00  @  12:32 PM   -   RE: Best 303 track ever?

ALLIANCE.corp

NUMB-BLOOD MERIDIAN
not all 303,but it has some of the best 303 programming ever

Message 28/43             18-May-00  @  09:55 AM   -   RE: Best 303 track ever?

ReZo

I hear you man. Confusion has to be the best 303 track...ever! I must of played it a million and one times and I can never get enough!

Pete

Message 29/43             19-May-00  @  07:02 PM   -   RE: Best 303 track ever?

?

"Sarcoblast-Diseased Acid" on the Acid Traxx Vol 1 compilation.
The best group is Hardfloor.

Does anyone know any artists with a similar style like Hardfloor?

Message 30/43             20-May-00  @  02:37 PM   -   RE: Best 303 track ever?

R

Diseased Acid is not bad! But the best track on this compilation is "Control" by Acid Junkies!! Check it out! The vocals rule!
And don't forget Rob Acid's "Acid Bytes"!!! =) =) =)

Message 31/43             20-May-00  @  06:21 PM   -   RE: Best 303 track ever?

?

R@F: You mean "Acid Warrior-Acid Bytes `99" -Itīs great. 

I almost forgot "Group X-Tranze X" on the Acid Flash Vol.6 compilation.

They are hurting the 303.

I love Miss Djax (the music and looks..)

I just heard "Cirrus-Stop & Panic"(original version) and itīs f!!!!!g brilliant.

Trevor: Download napster on http://www.napster.com/ and search 4 the music you want.

Message 32/43             20-May-00  @  07:19 PM   -   RE: Best 303 track ever?

R

Yeah Miss Djax looks beatiful and makes cool music! She's the coolest DJane on this planet!

P.S. Acid Bites '99 is just a remastered version of the original from '94. It was the reason why I bought this compilation. Damn and I was wondering that the track was still the same, not a real '99 remix LOL

Message 33/43             21-May-00  @  06:37 AM   -   RE: Best 303 track ever?

BWPT

There where about three tracks called acid war, but the best one by far was the first release on important records by plank.It has a bit in the middle where it slows right down and the acid line sounds seriously twisted.Heres a list of a few of my favourites:
Jochem Paap-three'o'three
Hardfloor-roargh (funalogue e.p.)
DJ ESP (Woody Mcbride)-Low e.p. on synewave.
Jeff Mills Vs the subjects-Dark matter
and another on Important records thats got a sample that goes "music for the brain from an unknown structure".

Message 34/43             21-May-00  @  05:06 PM   -   RE: Best 303 track ever?

pedicelli

"Stop and Panic" by Cirrus is amazing, but for some reason the basslines sound like the ones included with ReBirth...

Message 35/43             23-May-00  @  03:58 PM   -   RE: Best 303 track ever?

cocomox

Well...something just dawned on me...the author of "The Purest Ecstasy" is ReZo, correct? I just saw that on his site...and man, my hat goes off to you. That is one of the phattest 303 loops I've ever heard. It's pretty damn cool. I got the .rbs file, and promptly burned the song to CD. Just badass, man.

-Nick

Message 36/43             23-May-00  @  08:07 PM   -   RE: Best 303 track ever?

ReZo

Heheh, yeah, thats me. Thanks man! To tell you the truth, I actually impressed myself with that one. = ) I'm glad you liked it! You should check out the track I did called Static Control, its on my mp3.com page. The rest of the songs kinda suck and the page hasn't been updated in like forever but feel free to listen to the tracks. The songs I have up are just a bunch of stuff that came out alright but I'll never do anything with, you know?

Website URL above.

Thanks again!

~Pete

Message 37/43             23-May-00  @  08:43 PM   -   RE: Best 303 track ever?

cocomox

Damn, I am in total awe...it's like hearing a cool Prodigy song, and then talking with Liam about it! I don't want to give ya a big head, Pete, but DAMN...that's a phat track.

How many times did you have to go through it to do all the knob twisting? Did you write all the loops in ReBirth itself, or with something external? It's a nice beat, dude. You should plug it in to the real machines, and turn that track into a stereo monster!

-Nick

Message 38/43             23-May-00  @  09:02 PM   -   RE: Best 303 track ever?

ReZo

Everything in that song was composed with ReBirth, nothing else. I went through it quite a few times sequencing it...till I got sick of hearing it really. It still needs some fixing but I was so sick of hearing that I said "F*ck it....thats good enough!" = )

I need to start messing around with ReBirth again. Its hella fun!

~Pete

Message 39/43             23-May-00  @  09:31 PM   -   RE: Best 303 track ever?

cocomox

Wow, I'm in awe now...but I see how that might suck to sequence...it's like 8 minutes long!

ReBirth is cool...but I can't stand that it's in mono!!! They should just add a frickin' second channel!!! Damn those Propellerheads...make us great programs..in MONO!!!

Hey Pete, do you have any music training? A lot of Acid these days seems to be C-minor, two-note little things with no creativity...but your stuff is pretty varied. I respect that. Drop me a line sometime, to the e-mail above.

-Nick

Message 40/43             25-May-00  @  01:30 PM   -   RE: Best 303 track ever?

phixed

anything by hardfloor.......or the tune i just came up w/ last night....

pete - what's your story man? how long you been composing?>

Message 41/43             26-May-00  @  10:24 PM   -   RE: Best 303 track ever?

ReZo

Not much of a story really. I've been producing since '95 or '96. I bought my 1200's in '95 and started spinning vinyl. I then bought an ASR-10 and started making hip-hop but every hip-hop track I did turned into house or drum 'n bass if you know what I mean. I eventually started buying more and more gear until I had the sounds I wanted to produce the music that I was into. I really have to say though that ReBirth broke the ice for me. It opened a door that led me into the world of synthesis and step programming. I was doing alot of my stuff on ReBirth but to me, that was just preparing myself for my big break.....hopefully. = )

Hehehe!

~Pete

Message 42/43             28-May-00  @  10:20 AM   -   RE: Best 303 track ever?

Hank D

The best live performance on a 303 I have ever witnessed was by Q/Uberzone.Some of my friends were walking out of the club saying things like,"He was a demon on that thing".I would have to agree,He kept one hand on the 303 and he beat out analog accents w/ an octapad.It changed my life forever.Also his Space Kadet EP on City of Angels is brilliant yet way more low key than live.

Message 43/43             04-Jun-00  @  07:27 PM   -   RE: Best 303 track ever?

billy

lobotomie by emmanuel top

Viewing all 43 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3 4 5

There are 43 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)