aaa 4 pole filter? - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

08-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: 4 pole filter?

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/5             28-Oct-00  @  05:05 PM   -   4 pole filter?

foomanporkchop

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Anyone got one of these? I just got one and i'm a bit confused on
A. the best way to hook it up. I wanted to obviously use it coming out of the Virus, but also with audio tracks coming out of my Lexicon Core 2 sound card. I thought it would be best have it hooked into my Mackie 1604 as either a Parrellel effect or an insert. I thought Insert would be best for this type of effect, is this correct?
B. Setting it up so i can draw a slow filter opening from Cubase. I seem to be confused as to what settings to use in the filter to make this possible.

Oddly enough i just thought it would be simple filter, just hook her up and go type thing... What i was thinking there i have no idea. I'm sure this piece has the capabiliy to do what i'd like it to but i certainly have not been haveing good luck so far.

Trying to use it like Christian Smith and John selway do on a recent release on Tronic 15.5. Or also the Punnani tracks, just to give ya an idea.

ANY suggestions certainly would be appreciated.

Cheers
Man Foo

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/5             29-Oct-00  @  12:07 AM   -   RE: 4 pole filter?

r-tek

no 4 pole, but I hook stuff up to my sherman via a patchbay - much easier, I just route a signal straigh in to the FBs ins and then give the sherman a channel or 2 on the desk. If you dont have a patchbay then seriously consider one, making all the cables sure is a monumental pain in the arse but its worth it.

I`d love a 4 pole btw, I have the same filters in my mw1 and its the richest filter I`ve ever heard - dont forget you can get that baby to self-oscillate at the drop of a hat, the purest subs you`ll ever hear.

Message 3/5             31-Oct-00  @  02:40 AM   -   RE: 4 pole filter?

phunkytek

Do you lose any quality or amplitude, or gain any noise when useing a patch bay? I was thinking of getting one in my rack and hooking up some external fx units and pre-amps. I guese if you use a quality bay and some good cables you should be ok. What Brand Bay? And monster cables have come down in price too.

Message 4/5             31-Oct-00  @  02:45 AM   -   RE: 4 pole filter?

scrotalsack

you know, that's a question Ive been wanting to ask for a while myself.

i like to eat bandwidth.

Message 5/5             31-Oct-00  @  07:36 AM   -   RE: 4 pole filter?

influx

Link?:  Link

hang on a sec tho.

WHY BOTHER WITH THE 4 POLE IF YOU HAVE A VIRUS

oh, its "real analog" bah

you can do the exact same shit with the virus!!!!

but...if you insist..
if you have the 1604vlz you have busses right? why not run the buss to the filter ins? then just assign whatever channel to the buss, and bring the filter back into channel or FX return or however you like.

is it mono or stereo? Cant remember...

and Rtek..if you have a fuckin SHerman why the hell do you want a 4 pole? what is it with you people?!?!?! 

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 5 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)