aaa Phasing bass????? - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

05-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Phasing bass?????

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/5             17-Oct-00  @  10:16 PM   -   Phasing bass?????

berrym

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Just come across some strange behaviour on the sn2:

In performance mode,using cubase parts 1-8 assigned to appropriate channels etc...

part8 is assigned to a drumkit,a sequence of hihats and drum sounds is then recorded into cubase.

Then when I play a bass sound over the top of the drum sounds ,the bass sound seems to occasionally sort of phase (as though two of the same note has been played)

I've checked all the midi channels for each part etc

Any Ideas as to what this might be???

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/5             18-Oct-00  @  05:09 PM   -   RE: Phasing bass?????

k

sounds like you cubase audio-midi clock is a tad shakey - you always get a slight phasing anyways if it is in sync.. but it shouldnt drift. sounds like your port is messing up with more data flowing even what sorta midi port you got ??

Message 3/5             18-Oct-00  @  05:25 PM   -   RE: Phasing bass?????

Kinetik

If you've got Local Control set to ON and MIDI THRU enabled in Cubase, you'd get two notes played - once directly from the keyboard and the second note being echoed from the SN's MIDI OUT, back out of your PC and into the SN MIDI IN.

Try turning Local Control OFF and see if it makes a difference.

Message 4/5             18-Oct-00  @  10:13 PM   -   RE: Phasing bass?????

berrym

Thanx k and kinetic...
I'm sorry I should have mentioned I've tried it with my computer turned off ...(LOCAL ON) then using the sn2's arpeggiator on the hihat sounds, change to part1 (a bass sound) and playing over the top of the hihats with the other sound.

I still get the same effect.

On closer inspection it seems like the distortion happens when an OPENHAT sound coincides with the bass sound ?!?

Message 5/5             18-Oct-00  @  10:50 PM   -   RE: Phasing bass?????

berrym

I've just tried muting the HIHAT sounds that are being played by the arpeggiator while still playing the bass sound.(the hihat sequence is still running, but muted).
The distortion still occurs !!

If I stop the ARP completely (so no HIHATS are playing) there's no distotion ?!?

The distortion seems to happen randomly NOT (as I said previously) when the bass sound coincides with the OPENHAT (sorry)

This is doing my head in!!!!

Could it be something to do with the effects section?? (although I've turned all the effects off)

Could it be somehow an LFO affecting the sound?? (but why only when I play the HIHATS on top?)

HELP!

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 5 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)