aaa MIDI signal merger? - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

05-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: MIDI signal merger?

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/5             30-Sep-00  @  07:16 PM   -   MIDI signal merger?

cocomox

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Is there a device that takes two MIDI signals and merges them into one? It's to merge the out of my Virus with the out of the controller (a QS6.1). The out on the virus doesn't contain the notes I'm playing on the QS, so I'm thinking the merger would be the best way to make it like one synth without having to reconnect cables every two seconds.

-Nick

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/5             30-Sep-00  @  10:08 PM   -   RE: MIDI signal merger?

trev

These devices are available. I know Philip Rees (UK company) make these, but sorry I haven't a clue how much they are for. I think there are different models available, each having a different number MIDI inputs.

Some synths / controller modules have a MIDI merge facility built-in.

aha, just found their website:

http://www.philrees.co.uk/welcome.htm

Trev

Message 3/5             01-Oct-00  @  11:15 AM   -   RE: MIDI signal merger?

oldskool

What are you trying to acheive? Do you want to use the qs for note data and the virus for cc data? You probably don't need anything else, give a more detailed account of all the equipment and why you need it connected like that.

Message 4/5             01-Oct-00  @  09:38 PM   -   RE: MIDI signal merger?

cocomox

Trev, thanks for the link! Oldskool, here's all the equipment:

PC with MIDI IN and OUT, running CuBase. ER-1, with IN, OUT, THRU. Virus, with IN and OUT. QS6.1, with IN, OUT, THRU. I need the following:

Allow the QS to trigger its own tone generator. Allow the QS to trigger the Virus. Send note data from the QS to Cubase, send knob data from the Virus to Cubase. Sync the ER1 to CuBase. I can do all of this of course, just not simultaneously. I'd like to remove the hassle of switching three to five MIDI cable connections every time I want to switch from programming to recording. I'm good for now, if it gets to the point where I really need a solution, the Philrees stuff looks great.

-Nick

Message 5/5             02-Oct-00  @  06:53 PM   -   RE: MIDI signal merger?

oldskool

Ok, can the Virus Midi out be set as a soft thru? If so you don't need to buy anything else, if not then a simple 2 way switch will do (Phil Rees 2s).

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 5 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)