aaa SN II vs SN II Pro X - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

05-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: SN II vs SN II Pro X

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/5             26-Sep-00  @  03:17 PM   -   SN II vs SN II Pro X

gb

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

UPS showed up with my SuperNova II Rack today.

The presets sound GREAT, and I'm very much looking forward to getting to know this tool.

Unfortunately, tho, I didn't get the Pro X that I ordered. What I got was a regular Rack, 24 voices.
So what I would like to know is : does SN II Pro X equal SN II + 24 voice expansion card + Pro X sticker for the front panel ?
Or should I return what I got and get the Pro X ?

Also, if the expansion is all I need, is this something I can do myself, or do I have to get some store to do the upgrade ?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/5             02-Oct-00  @  10:49 PM   -   RE: SN II vs SN II Pro X

gb

Nobody knows this ?
Bah humbug!

Message 3/5             03-Oct-00  @  12:40 AM   -   RE: SN II vs SN II Pro X

ryanmcwhorter

supernova 2 24vox + 24 vox xpansion does equal a pro x minus the sticker- but is it user installable? that i don't know... r.

Message 4/5             03-Oct-00  @  05:41 PM   -   RE: SN II vs SN II Pro X

gb

Thanks, r.

I guess I'll keep it and get the expansion, then.

Message 5/5             07-Oct-00  @  12:30 AM   -   RE: SN II vs SN II Pro X

gb

So, UPS showed up with a 24 voice expansion card. No note, no instructions, no apology, just the card. (And almost no hard feelings in the other direction. I just feel like I was cheated out of the Pro X Sticker that I paid for.)

Anyway... The procedure is pretty obvious once you open the SNII. Just click the expansion card into it's place. I suppose you have to be a tad bit careful if upgrading a Pro to a Pro X as this would mean removing the 12 voice card. And this would mean being very gentle when 'unclicking' then old card.

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 5 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)