aaa Sysex dump into cubase - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

05-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Sysex dump into cubase

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/5             12-Sep-00  @  03:02 PM   -   Sysex dump into cubase

zola44

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I need to back up some sounds from my nova via sysex into cubase vst. Could someone please explain how I do this in cubase, in other words, where does the sysex data get sent, I've done the stuff on my nova and the transmitting message comes up and finishes, but what happens after that? Do I need to set up something in cubase? I've looked through all the previous posts and the manual but can't find the answer! Please Help!!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/5             13-Sep-00  @  10:03 AM   -   RE: Sysex dump into cubase

mikedlc

I believe that it states it in the manual. You need to first go to the global menu and find the Sysex Transmittion page. You can select to send a whole bank, a program, or all banks. With Cubse Vst, make sure that the sequencer receives data from your
S/N. Try recording a riff into it just to verify data transmittion. Basically,
you just push record in Cubase and then press Write in the part edit menu on the S/N. Then just save the file. I found this when updating the operating system on my S/N rack. I had to midi data dump all of my D bank sounds. If you have any issues, post 'em

Respectfully,
Mike

Message 3/5             13-Sep-00  @  11:11 AM   -   RE: Sysex dump into cubase

Stefan

Link?: Link

In the Cubase default settings the Sysex filter is active. Don't forget to deactivate it (Options/Midi/Filters or so - I have a german version).

Regards Stefan

Message 4/5             18-Sep-00  @  05:58 PM   -   RE: Sysex dump into cubase

usom

I have the opposite problem - I have cubase VST 4.0 for Mac - I have been able to transmit a program or performance from my SuperNova, but am unable to receive it back again when sending from cubase to Super. I have checked the midid channels, set the Super to System Reception Normal, but when I play the 'part/midi file' from cubase, I get an error message on the Super saying "data error".

Any ideas anyone? :o)

Message 5/5             19-Sep-00  @  03:25 AM   -   RE: Sysex dump into cubase

Phill

The data was eithe corrupted by the interface on the way in or corrupted by the interface on the way out.

I know vers 4.1r2 works cos I have it on mine. I did have problems with 4.02 though.

I never got a USB MOTU interface to work at all. If you have pone of these interfaces please contact MOTU.

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 5 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)