aaa Vibrato - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Vibrato

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/5             04-Aug-00  @  03:37 PM   -   Vibrato

Jigga

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Is there a way to get some vibrato without having to use the modulation wheel (which i want to use as cutoff frequency)?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/5             04-Aug-00  @  03:51 PM   -   RE: Vibrato

Jigga

....for the nova.

Message 3/5             04-Aug-00  @  04:06 PM   -   RE: Vibrato

Stefan

Link?: Link

A vibrato is always made by an LFO with mod destination pitch (with destination mix level it would be a tremolo, or maybe I mix that up again ).
The wheel is used to change either the modulation depth or the LFO speed (or both).
You can easyly program a constant vibrato with the above mentioned parameters.
For a variable vibrato you'll have some limitations because it is not possible to vary the modulation depth of pitch or mix level for all 3 oscillators at the same time with theappropriate knob. You can only change the LFO speed.

Message 4/5             05-Aug-00  @  04:15 PM   -   RE: Vibrato

Jigga

uhhhh, nope, vibrato is the modulation of pitch. Tremelo is the modulation of amplitude.

Basically i want to modulate the pitch of just one oscillator on my Nova. I don't wanna have the depth assigned to the mod wheel (i want the mod depth fixed). Anyone know how to do this.... infact is it possible??

Message 5/5             05-Aug-00  @  04:50 PM   -   RE: Vibrato

Stefan

Link?: Link

It is possible of course:
You get a vibrato if you take one of the LFO's as modulation source and pitch as modulation destination.
If you don't want any influence from the mod wheel you have to deactivate the appropriate parameters in the LFO-menue and OSC menue (i dont know the parameters exactly cause I'm not sitting in front of the SN at the mo).
I think they are 1.wheel-->LFO-Speed and 2. in the osc- menue wheel --> mod depth or so.

Regards >Stefan

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 5 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)