aaa SN Distortion - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: SN Distortion

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/5             16-Aug-00  @  03:54 PM   -   SN Distortion-What can I do? Is it a bug?

evil

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Ive noticed on my SN (3.1b2) that if I have a bass patch with not very much high end, if in the EQ section, the bass is turned to anything more that +10, there is a really annoying distortion in the sound, and the only way to fix it is to turn the eq down. I thought it might be my mixer that was doing it, but I turned the gain way way down and I could still hear it clearly in the signal. I checked via headphones and it was there too. This is really annoying because sometimes i want a really clean, rich, low bass sound and I cant get it. Is this a bug in the SN? What can I do about it? Thanks for any help...

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/5             16-Aug-00  @  04:36 PM   -   RE: SN Distortion

r-tek

mate, if you welly up the bass on virtually any bass sound you`ll end up overcooking it and you`ll get the distortion, its got nowt to do with the SN.

Message 3/5             16-Aug-00  @  06:21 PM   -   RE: SN Distortion

clipping

Turning up the eq is causing the fx section to clip. You need to adjust the "level" knob in the "Part Edit" section down until it stops distorting.

Message 4/5             17-Aug-00  @  04:00 AM   -   RE: SN Distortion

evil

thanks a million..., the level knob did the trick...

Message 5/5             17-Aug-00  @  07:23 AM   -   RE: SN Distortion

joe

Link?: Link

Also keep an eye on your amp envelope env1. For bass sounds too long a decay time can cause this on any synth especially if you have the freq cut off way down.

While we are on the subject of basses, has any one else noticed how you can get a lovely growly bass sound using the sync skew function?

sounds great to me...

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 5 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)