aaa last choice(i hope...) 4 a bedroom studio:) - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: last choice(i hope...) 4 a bedroom studio:)

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/5             06-Jul-00  @  05:37 PM   -   last choice(i hope...) 4 a bedroom studio:)

joshua7

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

hi  

i hope u can help me in choosing ... i'd like to buy a keyboard , that i'd use to make some sounds ( NOT in a techno or trance way ... only house or "lounge" music ...) but also to manage the sampler and the other midi devices ... and maybe a digi 001 or a 2408 ...

the money is the old same problem of everyone, and i was very interested in the nova keyboard ... only cause i adored the supernova and i think is a good synth ... but ... according to u is it a good choice ? or virus or others can help me more ?

somone spoke me about a new bob moog' synth ... anyone knows something about that ?

thx from now for all the replies and .. sorry, i'll try to improve my english soon ))))

josh

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/5             06-Jul-00  @  07:34 PM   -   RE: last choice(i hope...) 4 a bedroom studio:)

ryanmcwhorter

moog's performance synth is essentially a minimoog with midi, slightly redesigned- monophonic, but it IS the
moog sound-- i haven't heard if its truly VCOs or DCOs, but if its truly a mini clone then it should be proprietary moog osc chips, not generic 3340 or dco... its due out late summer, under $2000 u.s. dollars. available online soon- r.

Message 3/5             12-Jul-00  @  03:40 AM   -   RE: last choice(i hope...) 4 a bedroom studio:)

phunkytek

It's called the Big Briar performer, and is an exact replica of the mini-, but no midi parameters as far as I read in Keyboard. It's strickly a performance synth. There was a small british company that was making clones and Big Briar filed to have that stopped , and reintroduced the mini under the name Performance synth. The back is fixed and does not flip up like the mini did.

Message 4/5             12-Jul-00  @  04:43 AM   -   RE: last choice(i hope...) 4 a bedroom studio:)

bob moog

phunkytek- your information is completely wrong, quit slandering people.

alex winter makes the "new" minimoog in the UK and Bob *did not* file to have that stopped. As a matter of fact he can't since he can't enforce international copyright laws.

Anyone, Don Martin in Cinncinatti was the person going under the Moog name here in the US but his copyright ran out and Bob fought to get the name back in the family based on the fact that Mr. Martin was giving his family name a bad reputation or something to that effect.

Message 5/5             12-Jul-00  @  10:47 AM   -   RE: last choice(i hope...) 4 a bedroom studio:)

k

house.. or.. lounge??... what is lounge music ?..

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 5 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)