aaa Drumstation power supply? - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

01-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Drumstation power supply?

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/5             03-Jun-00  @  02:38 PM   -   Drumstation power supply?

m.lindstedt

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hi!

I have noticed that when I select two sounds to go through one individuell output on the Drumstation, the volume drops a bit on that output.

And when I send alot of midi data through the Drumstation, it gets somewhat out of sync. Not much but I can notice it.

I have a power supply on 500mA. Can this be the problem? I have seen on Novations site that the fixed power supply is 600mA.

Shall I change my power supply? Or is 500mA enough? My OS is 1.3.

Regards

Martin L

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/5             04-Jun-00  @  05:51 AM   -   RE: Drumstation power supply?

m.lindstedt

Okej, ive just found out that the volume dropping is normal to prevent hissing...

But still, I read that someone had replaced his Power Supply to 1200mA, and his drumstation would now work perfectly.

Phill, what PS is recommended??!

Message 3/5             05-Jun-00  @  03:34 AM   -   RE: Drumstation power supply?

Phill

The volume drops as you assign more voices to an output to prevent CLIPPING....I do not know wher you heard this hissing thing but it is wrong. Some very early versions of Drumstations did have a hissing problem but this is unrelated.

We reccomend a Novation PSU4 for the pwersupply. If the any problems occur slapping a supercharged Power supply on the unit is unlikey to fix the problem and is not reccomended. If problems occur, there is probably a fault with the unit and both the supply and the Drumstation should be returned for service.

Message 4/5             05-Jun-00  @  08:32 AM   -   RE: Drumstation power supply?

ryanmcwhorter

well that's scary- 2 drumstations back to the shop in 2 weeks. ordered mine a month ago- still waiting....   r.

Message 5/5             09-Jun-00  @  05:04 AM   -   RE: Drumstation power supply?

s.m.bradley

There's problems with the Drum Station PCB's. This has delayed the delivery of my friends Super Nova. So he was told anyway.

Scott

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 5 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)