aaa units are shipping-- anyone received yet? - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

05-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: units are shipping-- anyone received yet?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Original Message                 Date: 20-Jul-00  @  04:42 PM   -   units are shipping-- anyone received yet?

ryanmcwhorter

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

well sn2 keyboards supposedly shipped to the states last week but I've heard or seen nothing (i ordered through zzounds)- anyone heard about the status of their order- read the on-line manual, can't wait. r.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 41/57             12-Aug-00  @  09:37 AM   -   RE: units are shipping-- anyone received yet?

realtrance

Link?:  Link

Ryan,

It's been my experience with Zzounds that -- _if_ they have something listed as "In Stock" on the web page when you order it, _and_ you call and find the right person in the food chain over there to verify that that is indeed true, _then_ you will get what you've ordered promptly, packed well, properly priced, etc. etc. etc.

If you order something that's not directly in stock, though, watch out. I usually have had to wait 6-8 weeks (or more, in the latest instance, fortunately a small, unimportant item) for same to finally arrive. I've usually forgotten I ordered same by the time it shows up.

This is _not_ in any way Novation's fault; this has happened to me with Zzounds on items not in stock from even the most prolific of manufacturers, who should have had what I ordered readily available for Zzounds to request and then ship.

I do believe the people over at Zzounds are trying, they're probably just understaffed for what they're trying to do, in an environment where the profit margins are quite slim and the market quite iffy (online ordering only).

Best,

rt

Message 42/57             15-Aug-00  @  03:05 PM   -   zzounds sucks

evil

zzounds is a shitty little store in chicago where the sales people suck, they try to sell you things they dont know anything about, my friend and I went in there, we were going to buy an MPC 2000. We asked the guy how much it was, he said, "oh, $850 or so", so we were like, sure, we'll take it... its discontinued now so thats a cool price. So we go up to the checkout, he rings it up, and then he says, "okay, your total is $1325.." we say to him, you just said it was 900, and he just looks at us like we just walked out of the phantom zone or something, so without a word we just walked out. Ive heard nightmares about online orders from them, here's some advice, STAY AWAY FROM ZZOUNDS, they are idiots, they are unfriendly, and they lie through their teeth. The only nice guy there is Maurice, who I had delt with before... hell, i dont even know if he still works there.
shop at Novamusik (www.novamusik.com) instead, same prices more or less, MUCH better service!!!!

Message 43/57             15-Aug-00  @  05:28 PM   -   RE: units are shipping-- anyone received yet?

ryanmcwhorter

so I've been told... next time i'll know! r.

Message 44/57             17-Aug-00  @  06:27 AM   -   RE: units are shipping-- anyone received yet?

jonswallow

hi, i'm new in here so hello again.

in the uk all supernova II kb are being delivered this week. most stores i have rang have at least one in, i've ordered mine and it should be arriving tomorrow.

i'm totally new to novation and think the idea of tutorial in va synthesis as suggested is a good idea. any progression there. is the manual good for a beginner or do i have to look for links on the net for tutorials?

thanx

jon.

Message 45/57             17-Aug-00  @  08:27 AM   -   RE: units are shipping-- anyone received yet?

sitar

I was new to synths when I got the Supernova. It took me a while before the logic of the synth clicked into my head via the manual. I would say the manual is not bad but some supplemental reading on analogue synthesis is something I continue to do. There is lots to understand. And of course the best way of learning is to play with all those knobs and buttons. I bounce back and forth between books, manual, Supernova. I still have lots to learn. But it's fun. The SN2 manual could be very different for all I know. Congratulations.

Message 46/57             17-Aug-00  @  11:12 AM   -   RE: units are shipping-- anyone received yet?

ryanmcwhorter

jon swallow-

you can download the supernova 2 manual from novationusa.com- for synth manuals i found the time they took on general subtractive analog and fm techniques was excellent. I have owned several synths and this is the most prep material i've seen in a manual. (roland's are the worst- the prophecy was okay- phill did you write that one too?) download it and see- however, this is still limited info- there are 2 books in print i recommend- "the newbie guide to analog synthesis" (author unknown)and "sound synthesis and sampling" by martin russ. synth description books are interesting (vintage synths by mark vail, joel chadabe's electric sound, keyfax books) but usually lack techniques (although they will tell that supernova 2 designer chris huggett is of OSCar fame and novation's founder was involved with teh cheetah). The most in-depth techniques/descriptor material i've read is old Bob Moog columns from keyboard, besides from my textbooks in school- But Moog in person is the exact opposite of his academic columns! r.

Message 47/57             17-Aug-00  @  09:46 PM   -   RE: units are shipping-- anyone received yet?

sitar

The Newbie Guide to Analog Synthesis is one of the books I have. I also recommend it. The publisher is Wizoo. The author is Reinhard Schmitz...if that's the same one you're talking about. Comes with a CD of sound examples for what he is explaining in the book.

Message 48/57             17-Aug-00  @  10:02 PM   -   RE: units are shipping-- anyone received yet?

GT

------novamusik is cool
NO zzounds
NO symphony.com - totally worthless owner

------www.8thstreet.com is awesome.....$6000 worth of gear bought there and not a hicup at all!

Deal with RANDY/MGR only and develop a repoir with him. My nova cost me 1020 LAST year.

GT

Message 49/57             20-Aug-00  @  04:41 PM   -   RE: units are shipping-- anyone received yet?

sitarsong

So I went to Sam Ash today. Had to wait my turn 'cause there was a guy playing the Nova KB which is just above the SNII. Then someone hopped on the SNII while I was looking at compressors.

It was nice to go up to the SNII familiar with the well thought-out logic of the Supernova, which the SNII continues and then takes farther. I went right for Program Bank D. I didn't write any names down, but I was very impressed with the additional programs. The names I think I remember are probably not correct. 'Trance Pad' is excellent to listen to. I stopped there for a while. Then there is a program called something like 'LFO Madness' or 'LFO Crazy'. That sounded very close to a sound Chemical Bros. end one of there songs with on Surrender. Wish I could have taken the time to analyze it. I'd love to know what you did to get that one Phil in case you happen to stumble across my email address ^   I could be wrong on this but the sound production seems to be even better, richer, bigger. I noticed it with some TB303s. They tore into me a bit more....um in a good way. One thing I loved was the gate knob. It was great to pick a sound, fire up the arpeggiator, then gate the notes to taste. Yummy! The wheels are nice because they don't spring back to a zero point. It's a drag to find a mod or pitch point on a wheel and have to fight against the spring mechanism in the wheel to hold it still. On my keyboard it's a wrestling match and the controller event list in my sequencer usually shows me I lost.

There's more I would have liked to play around with, like the Morph knob. It was calling out to me, but time was up. The thought occurred to me that I could probably sell my Supernova or do a trade-in to get the new SNII, that would break my heart though. I guess I'll have to wait a little while.

I guess that's it for now. I loved playing it. It feels solid. There's a lot of stuff I played with like the filter section. I didn't get to the drum banks. Had to get going. It's all there and it's another monster of a synth. Someday.

Message 50/57             30-Aug-00  @  06:41 PM   -   RE: units are shipping-- anyone received yet?

scientist

Link?: Link

>>It's been my experience with Zzounds that -- _if_ they have something listed as "In Stock" on the web page when you order it, _and_ you call and find the right person in the food chain over there to verify that that is indeed true, _then_ you will get what you've ordered promptly, packed well, properly priced, etc. etc. etc.<<

--I ordered my Supernova II from zZounds, and it came in exactly a month. Was well packaged and arrived fine.

Question: I have a Boss BR-8 digital recorder, and it has left and right outputs on each set, so do I get some 1/4" to RCA single cords, or can I use the headphone output to connect the recorder?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

There are 57 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)