aaa The Worlds Best Synth - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

01-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: The Worlds Best Synth

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Original Message                 Date: 20-Apr-99  @  10:04 PM   -   The Worlds Best Synth

Mo7

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

Let me just say that it doesn't exist. Sorry but it doesn't.
This is just my way of letting people know that most synths have there place in your studio you just have to find the right place for it. In some caese its the garbage but not always. I've gone through many synths in the 2 years live been trying to make it as they say. some are crap and others I can't beleave I sold. We have to go through the "I don't know what to buy so I'll get what the other guys buy" phase. At first I bought a master keyboard and tons of modules but that is definetly not the way to go. Your better off with the keyboards. The more hands on the better.

One thing that really bugs me as that when I read a review it's always comparing the synth to a 303. get the fuck over it if you want a 303 get the fucking 303 and shut the hell up. Why would you buy a synth to sound like another synth. the rave-o-lution doesn't sound like a 303 so don't get it. give me a fuckin break.

All synths have a little something to contribute to your sound.
I'll give you a little run down of the synths I regularly use and what i use them for .
-Korg Prophecy- The pads are incredible. 13 osilators help to sculpt the sound. Can you say FAT. Its also a great controller with the dials and aftertouch.
-Roland String Ensemble- Great sampled strings. makes it on all tracks.
-Roland MC-303-Big peice of crap what the hell was I thinking. I do however use a few drum sounds.
-Roland Sound Canvas- GM for internet music. I've been know to use a patch or two on a track.
-Novation Bass Station- Bubbly acid and super mono bass lines
-Korg ER-1- Awesome drums
-Korg EA-1- Great synths. Analog heaven and easy to use.
-EMU ESI 32 sampler- collects all the dust.
-CS2X- Great controller and really nice arpegiator. Sounds are decent to.

None of these could work alone but togheter its a powerful package to be feared.

I got to get back to work bye.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 41/71             05-Feb-00  @  04:19 AM   -   RE: The Worlds Best Synth

Sixsixsixbpm

Link?: Link

Anyone remember the few analog synths that AKAI made?? Those aren't really "great" but they do make some cool noises.

Message 42/71             15-Feb-00  @  04:31 PM   -   RE: The Worlds Best Synth

waldorfq

I like :

Arp 2500 and 2600.
Elka synthex.
Korg ps 3300.
Memorymoog The best analog synth( peter forrest book A-z of analogue synthesizer.
Moog 55.
Oberheim xa
Roland system 700.
Roland jupiter 8.
prophet 5.
yamaha cs 80.
and fairlight cmi.

I have waldorf Q, supernova and yamaha cs 6x and like to own this analogue synthesizer.

Message 43/71             16-Feb-00  @  09:47 AM   -   RE: The Worlds Best Synth

nobody

Link?:  Link

why don't you get some MOTM stuff?

Message 44/71             19-Feb-00  @  08:32 AM   -   RE: The Worlds Best Synth

obc

I dont understand people dissing on new synths like electribe... are you guys kidding me? to me, I am fucking sick of the 303 sound getting used everywhere and people comparing every other thing to 303: fuck you.
I dont want to advocate electribes but look the facts: it has everything the 303 has plus delay/charus/flanger/distortion/2osc/partamento/oscmod and it has 2parts! yes it is a virtual synth but who cares as long as it sounds phat, and it souds fucking phat! Plus i would rather have the newer syths with much more midi capabilities then older ones! Dont get me wrong, i have a jx3p and had a juno 106, I love them too, but electribes are the best thing for 350$ And if the tb303 and the electribes came out at the sametime same people who called electribes "toys" would be waving about electribe. So quit being a little bitch because someone else got a electribe "toy" for 350$ And it does an awfull more stuff then what they payed a shitload of money(tb303). Sorry, but I really think the new synhts sounds as good as the old synths and easier to caontrol/more patch memory/ more fx/ more flexibility. still i fucking love the 303 sound tho. peaceout.

Message 45/71             19-Feb-00  @  08:42 AM   -   RE: The Worlds Best Synth

wook

i bet pongoid sucks at making music. u dont really need to have the best expensive shit to make music... It is like the old VW beetles, most people love em but they are piece of shit, no passing power, no breaking, no roadhandling but people love them? Could be the same with 303?

Message 46/71             19-Feb-00  @  03:53 PM   -   RE: The Worlds Best Synth

Clogs

Synth: Tool or Toy? Some people don't know where to stop and buy too many. Others make do with what they've got. Some people make good music. Some people make shitty derivative music. Some people make good derivative music.

Compare and contrast.

Message 47/71             19-Feb-00  @  06:03 PM   -   RE: The Worlds Best Synth

eddie

Agree with clogs and obc

Message 48/71             20-Feb-00  @  11:30 PM   -   RE: The Worlds Best Synth

Pongoid

Wook, who are you trying to piss off? Me? Sure, my music sucks. That's why I'm traveling eight to fifteen months at a time, all over the world with people screamin from the dance floor every time I play. I still just want to play jazz, but my crew won't let me. And I use quality tools, because if the sounds aren't good, I won't want to play at all. I'll just lose interest, and so will the audience. Quality is not always expensive, sure. You just have to believe in what you want hard enough, kid. Better luck pissin up someone else's leg. :P

Ape

Message 49/71             23-Feb-00  @  12:06 PM   -   RE: The Worlds Best Synth

Rhea

Hey Pongoid, since you tour all over the world and play in front of huge masses of adoring fans, when can I expect to see your show here in L.A.?

I can't wait...

Message 50/71             24-Feb-00  @  03:17 AM   -   RE: The Worlds Best Synth

Pongoid

I will be back in the States in April. If someone wants to give me a gig in the first two weeks of April, and can guarantee me gas money, and some more to get some food with while I'm there, I'm down for it. just tell the promoter to leave his email here, and I'll contact him.

Ape

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

There are 71 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)