aaa units are shipping-- anyone received yet? - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

05-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: units are shipping-- anyone received yet?

Viewing all 57 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3 4 5 6

Original Message 1/57             20-Jul-00  @  04:42 PM   -   units are shipping-- anyone received yet?

ryanmcwhorter

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

well sn2 keyboards supposedly shipped to the states last week but I've heard or seen nothing (i ordered through zzounds)- anyone heard about the status of their order- read the on-line manual, can't wait. r.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/57             20-Jul-00  @  09:46 PM   -   RE: units are shipping-- anyone received yet?

supernova 2 fan

novamusik has them in, they received mine earlier today and i paid them extra to overnight it to me so i have it for the weekend. i'll let you know what i think when i get it friday.

Message 3/57             22-Jul-00  @  02:42 AM   -   RE: units are shipping-- anyone received yet?

RL

No crap...Novamusik has it?? Then I better give Sam Ash a call since they had my order way back in March... Too long I said, too friggin long for SN2  I pick up the Q keyboard and K5000S while waited for this sucker to knock on my door...  Hope I get to see it soon....

RL

Message 4/57             22-Jul-00  @  12:37 PM   -   RE: units are shipping-- anyone received yet?

supernova 2 fan

Well, I got my SN2 and I must say it truly rocks! It has a few additional features over the Sn1, but most importantly, it *sounds* alot better.

Both the oscillators and the filters on this unit sound a whole lot better than the first one. Sliders, yay!

So I shall post sound files soon. For now my Virus B went in hiding.

Don't really know what else to say: if you have any specific questions post.

Message 5/57             22-Jul-00  @  02:02 PM   -   RE: units are shipping-- anyone received yet?

RL

Sounds good! Do you think people will still gripe its sounds when compare to Virus b still(in your face, dirty...)?? Can't wait to get mine soon! Post some sounds will you, please!

RL

Message 6/57             22-Jul-00  @  02:14 PM   -   RE: units are shipping-- anyone received yet?

lightyear

Whats the basic model Nova 2 going for (US$)? It's actually better sounding then the first series!

Message 7/57             22-Jul-00  @  09:25 PM   -   RE: units are shipping-- anyone received yet?

ryanmcwhorter

well i talked to zzounds and asked when they were getting a shipment. they said "dunno". will they hear from novation soon? "dunno" why did you e-mail me way back on june 5th saying the unit had shipped to me? "dunno".
the idiots.

p.s. you can check zzounds for the nova 2 price but i wouldn't buy it from them. check out musiciansfriend.com as well. or you could call nova musik.
ryan

Message 8/57             23-Jul-00  @  12:08 AM   -   RE: units are shipping-- anyone received yet?

RL

You probably have better luck with novamusik.com since I never get the run arround when I purchased the Q from them. Ask for Tony(T2 cuz there are 2 Tony's there  He's a good guy! I will try to call Sam Ash on Monday, but as usual the guy probably tell me to call back in 2wks like he always has since begin of April  It just weird that these bigger retailer are so slow on info and getting their shipment in.. I think Novamusik will have all my future business. As for NovaII price, it seem that everybody listed around for $1999US and the SNII is 'round $2300US. So you might as well go for the SNII cuz it has a bigger keyboard and more knobs and functions... I know not everyone has the budget but for $300 different you might as well make it worth(I hate looking back and wish I had make the right choice) The price different isn't as much when compare the Nova1 to Supernova1...... Go for the big boy!(Bigger isn't always better but most of the time it is- You get what you pay for!  Cheer

RL

Message 9/57             24-Jul-00  @  12:33 AM   -   RE: units are shipping-- anyone received yet?

lightyear

Is the $1999 the manufacturer list or the price they expect you to pay?

Message 10/57             24-Jul-00  @  10:28 AM   -   RE: units are shipping-- anyone received yet?

RL

The MSRP for the NovaII is $2499 and the SN2 is $2899( SN2 ProX-$3399 MSRP).. Quite pricey heh??  Late.....

RL

Message 11/57             24-Jul-00  @  05:27 PM   -   RE: units are shipping-- anyone received yet?

GT

zzounds are a bunch of bucket head IF the item you want is Not is stock, otherwise hey order via www, cus computers can't be idiots  

Message 12/57             25-Jul-00  @  07:47 PM   -   RE: units are shipping-- anyone received yet?

realtrance

Link?:  Link

I've had excellent service with Novamusik -- they are very attentive and careful with you.

I've also never had a problem with Zzounds _when_ I've ordered something registered as "In Stock" and available for immediate shipment. Anything other than that at Zzounds, as they freely admit on their pages, is a crap-shoot, and getting human contact from 'em via voice is also difficult (they're not set up that way; they're fast enough via e-mail reply, though, to real queries and issues).

I noted a day or so ago that Zzounds seems to have a 48-voice SN II keyboard in stock -- I'd give 'em a call to verify before ordering, then do it Next-Day Air.

One thing I like about Zzounds is that they always double-pack their stuff, the instrument I got from Novamusik got shipped to me just in its original box, with nothing else around it (sigh). We were both lucky it made it.

If ordering from Novamusik, be careful to specify another round of boxing on top of what's coming from the manufacturer, I'm sure Tony will offer to do so if asked.

rt

Message 13/57             28-Jul-00  @  12:17 PM   -   RE: units are shipping-- anyone received yet?

sitar

I saw a Nova Keyboard in Sam Ash on 48th street in Manhattan today. A very nice and "stable" sales rep there said to me about the Supernova that he found it to have the biggest analog sound of the VAs. Wishes he had one. He's dieing to get the chance to play around with the Nova keyboard. His name is James btw. Very helpful and knowlegeable without the attitude. He writes film/classical I believe. Could be wrong there.

Message 14/57             28-Jul-00  @  01:10 PM   -   RE: units are shipping-- anyone received yet?

sitar

James of Horn & Hardhart fame?

Seriously, you remind me of my purchase of the SN. It wasn't exactly an _impulse_ buy (not at that price!!!), but I was considering a bunch of different things at the point I finally found an SN to sit down and listen to.

The sound was so fabulous I was convinced on the spot. Saved me another 2 months of speculation.

"Big" is the right word; nothing else out there touches it, I am convinced, for that.

rt

Message 15/57             28-Jul-00  @  03:23 PM   -   RE: units are shipping-- anyone received yet?

sitar

rt, nice to see you using my login name.

I've done that when replying to someone. I think I've always caught myself before posting though.

I don't know James of Horn & Hardhart fame, so we'll assume that it is indeed, until someone proves otherwise. I can live with that.

Message 16/57             29-Jul-00  @  07:52 AM   -   RE: units are shipping-- anyone received yet?

a.

uhm ... in the usa the units (maybe) have been shipped , but no one talks about it ... i have to think that u haven't received them yet ???

i cannot say anything about novation, i love the supernova' sound and i think that phill is a great guy for all the support he gives ... but i'm a lil tired about my situation : i wait for the supernova II cause it seemed that i could have one of those blue synths on juny... now it's the 29th july and i'm so confused : i've got a sampler that needs a controller and i cannot wait september or october ...

the local distributor said that snv II will be available next week ... i don't believe in it, and musicians-gear answered me saying that probably they 'd have erased the price list...

i'm only a lil tired ...but u go on in speaking about zzsounds and novamusik, i hope for u that u're now enjoying your brand new beautiful synth ... u're very lucky ...

cheers,

a.

Message 17/57             29-Jul-00  @  10:38 AM   -   RE: units are shipping-- anyone received yet?

sitar

Like I said a, I saw the Nova Keyboard in Sam Ash yesterday. If I had the $$ right now I'd get one, or rather wait for the SN2. I would be surprised if the SN2 doesn't show up at Sam Ash very very soon, if it's not there already. Hope you see one soon.

Message 18/57             29-Jul-00  @  06:57 PM   -   RE: units are shipping-- anyone received yet?

armand1

Yes, I played with that same nova II keyboard at Sam Ash on 48 street NY , thurdsday...I went through the presets{the same ones as the SN 1 with a few new ones thrown in}...looks good sounds good..but not much better than my SN 1..so will hold for the SNII instead!!!

Message 19/57             29-Jul-00  @  07:07 PM   -   RE: units are shipping-- anyone received yet?

sitar

Yikes! We Dancetechers are just crawling all over the place. Cool.

Message 20/57             31-Jul-00  @  03:14 AM   -   RE: units are shipping-- anyone received yet?

a.

uhm ... ok, there's a nova II at 48 street NY ... interesting ... but i don't think that taking the airplane to NY only for a nova is the best choice ! )))

i really don't think that there's a shop in europe with a new novation' product right now ... and i was speaking about that...

u only confirm me that in Usa u're luckier  )))))))))

a.

Message 21/57             31-Jul-00  @  06:39 AM   -   RE: units are shipping-- anyone received yet?

sitar

You wouldn't say that if you experienced the NYC subway system you need to take to get to 48th street.

Message 22/57             31-Jul-00  @  07:04 PM   -   RE: units are shipping-- anyone received yet?

syrupdude

What's so bad about the subway? ...other than the filth and the smell, that is.

Message 23/57             31-Jul-00  @  09:07 PM   -   RE: units are shipping-- anyone received yet?

pdaniels

Got my SN II Pro X from Musician's Friend
two weeks ago. It's wonderful! Good price too. I did have my order in for three months, though. Worth every second!!

BTW- I'm live in NYC, ... the subways can be pretty cool,... if you are.

Message 24/57             31-Jul-00  @  09:10 PM   -   RE: units are shipping-- anyone received yet?

pdaniels

uhh, that's "I live ....", ---typing too fast.

Message 25/57             01-Aug-00  @  09:34 AM   -   RE: units are shipping-- anyone received yet?

ryanmcwhorter

yes it seems novation shipped the 48 voice units first. guess us 24 voicers will have to wait! (hey i can't help it i don't need the extra polyphony). r.

Message 26/57             06-Aug-00  @  03:06 PM   -   RE: units are shipping-- anyone received yet?

sitar

I just tolerated a subway ride   to Sam Ash for some cables. I don't know the amount of voices, didn't think to look or ask, but the SN2 is now there. Nice. Love the layout. It was nice to be able to walk up to it and jump right in. Wonder who made the program "Third Party Pad"???

Message 27/57             07-Aug-00  @  08:53 AM   -   RE: units are shipping-- anyone received yet?

Phill

All Perfs were done by me. That sound is made up of one sound by Mickey Lauer ( Z plane velo pick )& another by I think, Dr Tippler ( Emerald )

The sound banks will be improoved soon.

In the SNVII & NOVAII existing Supernova 3.1 sounds are in banks A,B, & C banks. New sounds are in bank D & check out the Drum banks a, b & c.

As I have already said these sound banks will be further enhanced soon.

Phill

Message 28/57             07-Aug-00  @  06:36 PM   -   RE: units are shipping-- anyone received yet?

omen_omen

Can anyone tell me how much will the SN2 rack cost in pounds (student loan is comming- He He) , and when will it be ready

Thanks Jamie

Message 29/57             07-Aug-00  @  07:25 PM   -   RE: units are shipping-- anyone received yet?

sitar

Nice. I'll get back there Phil to check out Bank D. Great to see you! Drum Banks? Woah!

Message 30/57             08-Aug-00  @  03:12 PM   -   RE: units are shipping-- anyone received yet?

ryanmcwhorter

okay here's the question i should have asked originally in this thread- has anyone received a preordered 24 voice supernova 2 keyboard yet, in the USA? or did only the 48 voice units ship july 18th? it doesn't make sense that places have the 48 voice in stock (meaning no one has bought them nor did anyone preorder these homeless units) and all of the 36 voice and 24 voice preorders have not been fulfilled. wouldn't you think advance orders would be filled before shipping extras? or are they financing the 24/36 lot with the 48 vox profits? could anyone enlighten me? r.

Message 31/57             08-Aug-00  @  07:54 PM   -   RE: units are shipping-- anyone received yet?

realtrance

ryan,

In the course of my life I've been in the book biz, the mag biz, the software biz, etc. etc. and the story's pretty much the same: don't get your nose out of joint about the process. The manufacturers rarely have total control over what goes out where first and why. They try their best to create an orderly process, but as in most battle plans, once the plan hits the reality, all hell breaks loose and you just watch and pray.

I'm sure Novation will have full availability soon; those with the most _urgent need_ to have an SNII will gladly splurge for a few extra voices to have it _now now now_, and if you just roll over and have a wink or two, before you know it you might even be able to find a ratty old 24-voice version at a dealer near you, ain't that just wunnerful.

rt

Message 32/57             08-Aug-00  @  09:57 PM   -   RE: units are shipping-- anyone received yet?

sitar

Ryan. From my experience I agree with rt. I know what it's like to have to wait for something I really want NOW and it's a royal pain. But hang in there amigo. I'm sure Novation wants you to have one as much as you want them to get one out to you. And Novation will support you once you have it from there on, which is the really great thing. I can say that from experience too.

Message 33/57             09-Aug-00  @  12:46 PM   -   RE: units are shipping-- anyone received yet?

realtrance

sitar,

Forgot to apologize for stealing your handle inadvertently a few threads back there. Sorry! Weird, I didn't do that intentionally.

Hope all's well there. I realized last night why I haven't been spending as much time as I should with my SN -- I just sound so _good_ with barely any effort, it spoils me! -- so I go back to struggling with my other instruments.....

Seriously, the SN really does stand out, to the point where it's difficult for me to imagine how the SN II could sound any better (and I'm sure it does).

Do you have any impressions -- _musical_ impressions -- you might be able to share with all of us regarding your own tour of SN/Nova IIs in your area?

rt

Message 34/57             09-Aug-00  @  03:02 PM   -   RE: units are shipping-- anyone received yet?

sitar

The only thing I can honestly say at this point is that I like the way the SN2 is layed out. I want to go back and hear bank D. The problem is that in a place like Sam Ash in midtown Manhattan there are almost always several synths being played at the same time within 15 meters of eachother. I want to go back when I have some more time to plug in a pair of headphones. That's what I always do when I go to purchuse something.

Message 35/57             09-Aug-00  @  06:58 PM   -   RE: units are shipping-- anyone received yet?

realtrance

Yes, headphones are really a must in such a setting.

Let us know if/when you're at a point where you feel you have a useful opinion to spout here, I'm sure many here would find your comments valuable.

Once again, though, it amazes me how little, no matter how much reading you do, you can really tell about an instrument until you're hands-on with it (and ears-on, of course).

All the talk is fun, though, and gives us who are beyond the reaches of a 48-voice SN II the chance to ooh and aah.  

rt

Message 36/57             10-Aug-00  @  08:08 AM   -   RE: units are shipping-- anyone received yet?

sitar

Will do. Useful opinion? Don't think I've ever given one of those before.  

Message 37/57             10-Aug-00  @  11:51 AM   -   RE: units are shipping-- anyone received yet?

realtrance

okay... so give us a useless opinion, at least.  

rt

Message 38/57             10-Aug-00  @  12:26 PM   -   RE: units are shipping-- anyone received yet?

cpowell

Link?: Link

Ryan,

your dealer should have been in touch with you by know regarding your Supernova II 24 Voice Keyboard - we have been shipping for about 3 weeks now. You are going to love your blue monster!!

It's been great to hear everyone's feedback regarding the new Keyboards...the response has been tremendous. I have been able to play both a Supernova & Nova Keyboard, they sound awesome, the keys are quality semi-weighted with velocity/aftertouch. The Supernova II has this built in drum mode that you can edit (just using 1 part and leave 5 or 8 parts free for instrumentation) and the Unison mode is wicked!! Alot of thought & attention has gone into the layout. Well done Phill and Co.....you guys know who you are...these keyboards are the business.

Laters, Claire @ Novation

Message 39/57             10-Aug-00  @  03:07 PM   -   RE: units are shipping-- anyone received yet?

ryanmcwhorter

claire- i'll sit on my hands for a few more weeks and see what happens.
no green light on my order from zzounds yet- in fact he hung up on me! thanks for responding (again!)- sorry to be a nuisance -- i've been waiting on this beast since its photo was on the novation site back in august 1999.
can't wait. r.

Message 40/57             10-Aug-00  @  04:13 PM   -   RE: units are shipping-- anyone received yet?

Blunted

hmm, 2 playstation1 chips?
what happened to the emotion engine
or something like that????

Message 41/57             12-Aug-00  @  09:37 AM   -   RE: units are shipping-- anyone received yet?

realtrance

Ryan,

It's been my experience with Zzounds that -- _if_ they have something listed as "In Stock" on the web page when you order it, _and_ you call and find the right person in the food chain over there to verify that that is indeed true, _then_ you will get what you've ordered promptly, packed well, properly priced, etc. etc. etc.

If you order something that's not directly in stock, though, watch out. I usually have had to wait 6-8 weeks (or more, in the latest instance, fortunately a small, unimportant item) for same to finally arrive. I've usually forgotten I ordered same by the time it shows up.

This is _not_ in any way Novation's fault; this has happened to me with Zzounds on items not in stock from even the most prolific of manufacturers, who should have had what I ordered readily available for Zzounds to request and then ship.

I do believe the people over at Zzounds are trying, they're probably just understaffed for what they're trying to do, in an environment where the profit margins are quite slim and the market quite iffy (online ordering only).

Best,

rt

Message 42/57             15-Aug-00  @  03:05 PM   -   zzounds sucks

evil

zzounds is a shitty little store in chicago where the sales people suck, they try to sell you things they dont know anything about, my friend and I went in there, we were going to buy an MPC 2000. We asked the guy how much it was, he said, "oh, $850 or so", so we were like, sure, we'll take it... its discontinued now so thats a cool price. So we go up to the checkout, he rings it up, and then he says, "okay, your total is $1325.." we say to him, you just said it was 900, and he just looks at us like we just walked out of the phantom zone or something, so without a word we just walked out. Ive heard nightmares about online orders from them, here's some advice, STAY AWAY FROM ZZOUNDS, they are idiots, they are unfriendly, and they lie through their teeth. The only nice guy there is Maurice, who I had delt with before... hell, i dont even know if he still works there.
shop at Novamusik (www.novamusik.com) instead, same prices more or less, MUCH better service!!!!

Message 43/57             15-Aug-00  @  05:28 PM   -   RE: units are shipping-- anyone received yet?

ryanmcwhorter

so I've been told... next time i'll know! r.

Message 44/57             17-Aug-00  @  06:27 AM   -   RE: units are shipping-- anyone received yet?

jonswallow

hi, i'm new in here so hello again.

in the uk all supernova II kb are being delivered this week. most stores i have rang have at least one in, i've ordered mine and it should be arriving tomorrow.

i'm totally new to novation and think the idea of tutorial in va synthesis as suggested is a good idea. any progression there. is the manual good for a beginner or do i have to look for links on the net for tutorials?

thanx

jon.

Message 45/57             17-Aug-00  @  08:27 AM   -   RE: units are shipping-- anyone received yet?

sitar

I was new to synths when I got the Supernova. It took me a while before the logic of the synth clicked into my head via the manual. I would say the manual is not bad but some supplemental reading on analogue synthesis is something I continue to do. There is lots to understand. And of course the best way of learning is to play with all those knobs and buttons. I bounce back and forth between books, manual, Supernova. I still have lots to learn. But it's fun. The SN2 manual could be very different for all I know. Congratulations.

Message 46/57             17-Aug-00  @  11:12 AM   -   RE: units are shipping-- anyone received yet?

ryanmcwhorter

jon swallow-

you can download the supernova 2 manual from novationusa.com- for synth manuals i found the time they took on general subtractive analog and fm techniques was excellent. I have owned several synths and this is the most prep material i've seen in a manual. (roland's are the worst- the prophecy was okay- phill did you write that one too?) download it and see- however, this is still limited info- there are 2 books in print i recommend- "the newbie guide to analog synthesis" (author unknown)and "sound synthesis and sampling" by martin russ. synth description books are interesting (vintage synths by mark vail, joel chadabe's electric sound, keyfax books) but usually lack techniques (although they will tell that supernova 2 designer chris huggett is of OSCar fame and novation's founder was involved with teh cheetah). The most in-depth techniques/descriptor material i've read is old Bob Moog columns from keyboard, besides from my textbooks in school- But Moog in person is the exact opposite of his academic columns! r.

Message 47/57             17-Aug-00  @  09:46 PM   -   RE: units are shipping-- anyone received yet?

sitar

The Newbie Guide to Analog Synthesis is one of the books I have. I also recommend it. The publisher is Wizoo. The author is Reinhard Schmitz...if that's the same one you're talking about. Comes with a CD of sound examples for what he is explaining in the book.

Message 48/57             17-Aug-00  @  10:02 PM   -   RE: units are shipping-- anyone received yet?

GT

------novamusik is cool
NO zzounds
NO symphony.com - totally worthless owner

------www.8thstreet.com is awesome.....$6000 worth of gear bought there and not a hicup at all!

Deal with RANDY/MGR only and develop a repoir with him. My nova cost me 1020 LAST year.

GT

Message 49/57             20-Aug-00  @  04:41 PM   -   RE: units are shipping-- anyone received yet?

sitarsong

So I went to Sam Ash today. Had to wait my turn 'cause there was a guy playing the Nova KB which is just above the SNII. Then someone hopped on the SNII while I was looking at compressors.

It was nice to go up to the SNII familiar with the well thought-out logic of the Supernova, which the SNII continues and then takes farther. I went right for Program Bank D. I didn't write any names down, but I was very impressed with the additional programs. The names I think I remember are probably not correct. 'Trance Pad' is excellent to listen to. I stopped there for a while. Then there is a program called something like 'LFO Madness' or 'LFO Crazy'. That sounded very close to a sound Chemical Bros. end one of there songs with on Surrender. Wish I could have taken the time to analyze it. I'd love to know what you did to get that one Phil in case you happen to stumble across my email address ^   I could be wrong on this but the sound production seems to be even better, richer, bigger. I noticed it with some TB303s. They tore into me a bit more....um in a good way. One thing I loved was the gate knob. It was great to pick a sound, fire up the arpeggiator, then gate the notes to taste. Yummy! The wheels are nice because they don't spring back to a zero point. It's a drag to find a mod or pitch point on a wheel and have to fight against the spring mechanism in the wheel to hold it still. On my keyboard it's a wrestling match and the controller event list in my sequencer usually shows me I lost.

There's more I would have liked to play around with, like the Morph knob. It was calling out to me, but time was up. The thought occurred to me that I could probably sell my Supernova or do a trade-in to get the new SNII, that would break my heart though. I guess I'll have to wait a little while.

I guess that's it for now. I loved playing it. It feels solid. There's a lot of stuff I played with like the filter section. I didn't get to the drum banks. Had to get going. It's all there and it's another monster of a synth. Someday.

Message 50/57             30-Aug-00  @  06:41 PM   -   RE: units are shipping-- anyone received yet?

scientist

>>It's been my experience with Zzounds that -- _if_ they have something listed as "In Stock" on the web page when you order it, _and_ you call and find the right person in the food chain over there to verify that that is indeed true, _then_ you will get what you've ordered promptly, packed well, properly priced, etc. etc. etc.<<

--I ordered my Supernova II from zZounds, and it came in exactly a month. Was well packaged and arrived fine.

Question: I have a Boss BR-8 digital recorder, and it has left and right outputs on each set, so do I get some 1/4" to RCA single cords, or can I use the headphone output to connect the recorder?

Message 51/57             31-Aug-00  @  05:52 AM   -   RE: units are shipping-- anyone received yet?

Cyrex

For all you European people out there, Musicians-Gear receives their first load of SNII (24 voice) synths next week. When I've received mine, I'll let you know.  

Message 52/57             31-Aug-00  @  04:58 PM   -   RE: units are shipping-- anyone received yet?

gb

I'm planning to buy a SuperNova II Pro rack, if it ever arrives.

Anybody think it might be too optimistic to expect to see these in european stores sometime during the next two months ? Seems that Novation is hardly able to deliver the keyboard versions.

Message 53/57             01-Sep-00  @  07:34 AM   -   RE: units are shipping-- anyone received yet?

Phill

Racks will ship early next week.

Phill

Message 54/57             01-Sep-00  @  02:17 PM   -   RE: units are shipping-- anyone received yet?

gb

Well, HEY! That's just darn excellent! Thanks, Phill.

Message 55/57             02-Sep-00  @  02:44 AM   -   RE: units are shipping-- anyone received yet?

realtrance

sci,

not to go off-topic but with the BR-8, I would not use the headphone output to connect the recorder, just go with the usual outs.

I'm sure the headphone op-amp is just fine, but it adds just a little bit different noise/resistance/output from a standard out (it's there with an amp to drive headphones, after all), you'll get cleaner results from the standard outs.

I'm assuming you're wanting to out the BR-8 to your new SNII's in?

rt

Message 56/57             02-Sep-00  @  08:10 AM   -   RE: units are shipping-- anyone received yet?

chris

Just had a play with a SNII keyboard.

V. nice, but I'm not sure that it's so nice that I need to upgrade my SN1...

There seem to be some problems with the quality of the envelope sliders - I tried 2 keyboards and both had very *sticky* sliders...

I might wait for a while and upgrade my SN rack.

Message 57/57             16-Sep-00  @  01:04 PM   -   RE: units are shipping-- anyone received yet?

bmarshalsea

EMIS Music in Bristol (UK) has SN2 KBs no racks. I was the first to have a play as well, as he got it out the box for me!

It's fairly nice but I prefer the action on my GEM S3.

Personal preference though.

Not any real difference than messing with the Rack Supernova - except the sliders for the ENVs.

It's going to be a personal choice thing though.

Viewing all 57 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3 4 5 6

There are 57 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)