aaa NL 3 - 2001? - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

08-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: NL 3 - 2001?

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/6             08-Nov-00  @  06:50 AM   -   NL 3 - 2001?

Black Cat Bone

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

The Nord Lead 3 is now pushed back to January 2001,the rack version even later and the price is now $2700! With all the new excellent softsynths out there, who needs to wait for the NL3 anyway? I sure don't. I can see Clavia going the way of Quasimidi if they don't stop screwing up.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/6             08-Nov-00  @  06:55 PM   -   RE: NL 3 - 2001?

99devils

Link?:  No link

I'm not sure you really know quite what you're talking about. The Nord 3 is not really the same kind of synth as the Nord Lead and NL2. It's more of an analog/FM hybrid synth. It has an architecture like no other synth currently existing that I know of. It's certainly nothing compared to what Alesis will ask for the Andromeda.

Anyway, my point is that it's not just a Nord Lead plus more voices and FX. The distinctive architecture will give users the ability to create sounds which cannot be done on any other board. To some (many?) people that will justify the price tag.

-Craig

Message 3/6             08-Nov-00  @  08:03 PM   -   RE: NL 3 - 2001?

johnny

Exactly Craig, but I can't help feeling Clavia are doing themselves a big disservice with their marketing. Reading the specs for the NL3 it becomes clear that it's different enough to the NL and NL2 to warrant a name other than 'Nord Lead 3' - that makes the uninformed think it's just Clavia recycling the same old shit once again when it's definitely not the case. It's just one too many Nord Leads for comfort - I can understand Messrs Nordelius wanting their name carried on throughout the synth range, but it was high time the Lead was put to rest.

Message 4/6             08-Nov-00  @  10:05 PM   -   RE: NL 3 - 2001?

99devils

Oh, I definately agree. It's certainly does not fit into the Nord Lead lineage, except for the fact that it's DSP based, red, and has knobs   I think that they will be doing themselves a disservice by not differentiating it from the NL & NL2 a bit more.

BTW, does anyone know if Clavia plans to discontinue the NL2? Since this synth really isn't a replacement for it?

-Craig

Message 5/6             10-Nov-00  @  08:00 PM   -   RE: NL 3 - 2001?

subzeroX

Link?:  Link

well least it gives me more time to save
but im ok with the nord3 if theres a nord4 then thats goin to stupid cause the nl2 was just a small upgrade of the nl1 so the nl3 is just a new revamped machine so its perfectly fine in my books until a 4 comes along i believe clavias safe

Message 6/6             25-Nov-00  @  06:23 AM   -   RE: NL 3 - 2001?

99devils

Nord 3 is in the Sam Ash music catalog for $1999 USD. Andromeda is also in the Sweetwater catalog, but they only print list prices, so no real word.

-Craig

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 6 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)