aaa suggestion for nova OS complainers - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

08-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: suggestion for nova OS complainers

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/6             21-Nov-00  @  01:55 PM   -   suggestion for nova OS complainers

styas

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

If you are unsatisfied with your special buttons on the nova, sell it (and maybe another piece of gear), make another person that will be able to use it very very happy, and go buy a nova 2 or snova 2... It's what I did AS SOON AS I found out the new OS wasn't getting the double saw waveform, and I've really never been happier.

just my 2 cents. Do as you will, but when someone believes something keeps them from making music, they are incapable of making music because of these reservations. Though machines DO NOT make a great tune, for some people they provide comfort to work with. If a person is not comfortable or dissappointed in his/her machines,they won't be as happy to work with them. No price is to high to have that "comfortable" mentality in music.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/6             22-Nov-00  @  12:12 AM   -   RE: suggestion for nova OS complainers

satori

"Though machines DO NOT make a great tune, for some people they provide comfort to work with. If a person is not comfortable or dissappointed in his/her machines,they won't be as happy to work with them. No price is to high to have that "comfortable" mentality in music."

WRONG!
All you need to have a hit is 4 or 5 notes in correct order and cool synth sounds with cool grove. Don’t forget to avoid complicated chords. Heaps new 'songs' are not even copyrighted. However, sounds ARE. I think, Cheer's "Believe"
would be not even copyrighted because just 4 notes are in the hook.

BTW. How many notes have to be copied from other song to breach copyrights?

That's why producers are asking for more and more royalties against lyricists and composers. I think they are right. To compose great song will take me about 1 week to play with tune, make good chords, bass and decent arrangement. To design sounds, arrange and record it, will take full 4-8 weeks if you want to get decent level of quality and have chances to hit the charts, not mentioning of what kind of gear you have to have to compose or write lyrics if compare to arrange and record.

Message 3/6             22-Nov-00  @  05:11 AM   -   RE: suggestion for nova OS complainers

tetsuo2

btw, it's 7 copied notes and u breech copyrights... that's a lot...

And btw, u just proved my point to be RIGHT! the reason u r able to do all that is becuase you are simply comfortable with your equipment. I was speaking on the most basic of levels.

Message 4/6             29-Nov-00  @  11:39 PM   -   RE: suggestion for nova OS complainers

satori

Going back to an oroginal question.

Complainers should check the link below:

http://www.wn.com.au/satori/gfy.htm

Cheers...

Message 5/6             30-Nov-00  @  01:49 AM   -   RE: suggestion for nova OS complainers

how rood

oh satori, how rude

Message 6/6             01-Dec-00  @  12:13 AM   -   RE: suggestion for nova OS complainers

phunkytek

it's 25% variation is safe. We are all influenced by songs. Bass lines pop into your head and later you realize where you heard it, but I alwys here songs with similar bass lines. If it's not the main groove or focus no one realy notices.

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 6 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)