aaa Nova Self- Distruct - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

08-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Nova Self- Distruct

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/6             22-Oct-00  @  10:48 PM   -   Nova Self- Distruct

Hermetica1

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

While editing tracks in Cubase today, I reached over to mute a part in a Nova performance and the display and all functions went to hell.

Now, When I turn it on/off the display searchs for the welcome msg etc., cant find then gives two rows of single lines -horizontal .

It is as if the OS has been wiped - which could be the case.

I did not power up holding down the mute button, as if to load an OS. just normal use.
Cubase/song was not playing at time. All I did was press Part edit/ 6/Mute and the damm thing has gone dead. No funtions available.

Also, the Novation site, while having updates and OS for all the supernova, NovaII sipernovaII,
does not have the OS for the Nova that I can find- to see if I can reinstall.

Whats going on with this machine? Less than a year old, was fine until now.
I cannot finish my work or continue untill its fixed or replaced.
Not a happy camper.

Hermetic

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/6             24-Oct-00  @  05:50 AM   -   RE: Nova Self- Distruct

Hermetic

Any Ideas?

The Mute and part edit #6 buttons both being connected to restore from ROM and OS update functions, ( which is silly, since pressing both at any time can lead to malfunction, apparently)
When I start/power up pressing #6 It wont give the msg -yes to restore rom- only-
-NO- update flash- which it tries but can't
My beautiful new blue Nova has flipped out- Help

Hermetic

Message 3/6             26-Oct-00  @  05:55 PM   -   RE: Nova Self- Distruct

Hermetic

Well, Its official: The Nova must go in for repair or, replacment.

Shiny, new and blue, less than 6 months old, its toast.

Thanks to Nick B. Tech support at Novation, for all his help. He has been just great.

Meanwhile, I must find a replacement for it while its gone and though I have never seriously considered this before, I downloadd a couple of softsynth demos to checkout. The Native inst. Pro 52 and the Waldorf PPG wave 2

Suprise- They sound very goood and work well- at least in demo.

With 47 mls latency using a GL 8/24 24 bit soundcard The lag was not hardly noticable( and i can get it down to 11mls, if I want to try the latest drivers again but, my system was having problems handling those)

So, I have one song that i was working on using the sounds from "Psy Pad 96"
what is that performance modeled from?

Of the two softsynths, Pro 52 and PPG wave which, might I be able to get something close to "Psy Pad 96" with.

Since only having a short while to explore the demos, my initial impression was the Pro 52 (Prophet 5 emulation) was very cool but, so is the PPG wave. Hmmm... get both?

How about a Nova softsynth?
Make the Nova Nova more like a Nord modular?
The Hardware synth dosen't seem to anymore reliable than software these days (in my case at least) So, if I had a Nova softsynth atleast I could continue my work while waiting for the hardware to be replaced.

Say, I once had a Triumph Bonneville 750.
Electronics by Lucas " Prince of Darkness"
Any of those people working for Novation these days?
I heard once that Lucas also made refrigeration units and that was why all the beer in the UK was warm...

Hermetic

Message 4/6             26-Oct-00  @  06:25 PM   -   RE: Nova Self- Distruct

Stefan

If Novation plans a software-Nova they should develop it for TDM like Access did. TDM users are the only people who pay for software ;-)

Message 5/6             26-Oct-00  @  06:51 PM   -   RE: Nova Self- Distruct

k

heh heh - the dreaded bonny electrics !!! - groan... get an old Trophy instead mate !!

Message 6/6             26-Oct-00  @  06:53 PM   -   RE: Nova Self- Distruct

k

there is a secret 'silverstone' tuning manual for the trophy, if you get it it can get the trophy up to 160mph+ top speed and increase it's performance - they are 70% de-tuned in a factory state.

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 6 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)