aaa sn2kb has finally beaten me ....... - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

05-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: sn2kb has finally beaten me .......

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/6             05-Oct-00  @  09:15 PM   -   sn2kb has finally beaten me .......

berrym

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I've been grappling with the joys of performance mode (with cubase etc),

I thought I had my sn2 pinned down,bleading and finally submitting...but no...suddenly from nowhere after going 10 rounds,it's fighting back!!!

...er.. sorry

anyway...Why does the sound cut off when I play two of the same note with the same instrument,

surely this should not happen !!!!

and why can't my sn2 behave as well as my JP-8000.It seems that everything(midi messages) goes into cubase and back out again to edit .This means that you have to have cubase transmitting on track 1 to edit part1 on the sn2.

I'm trying ...I'm really trying to get used to this way of working.

I've just found this website and my heart sank when I saw all the problems everyone is having.Why can't the sn2 work in the same way as the JP-8000????
boo-hoo.........

---sound of sobbing /whimpering gently dies away........

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/6             05-Oct-00  @  10:23 PM   -   RE: sn2kb has finally beaten me .......

berrym

DOH!!!!!

I've just realised every other piece of kit i've got behaves in this way,ie
draw a long note in cubase then place a short version of the same note halfway along it ,then play ..
when the long note reaches the short one it plays the short one then the sound ends.

I think I must be cracking up !!!

I still can't get on with multi mode though.

Message 3/6             06-Oct-00  @  02:38 AM   -   RE: sn2kb has finally beaten me .......

k

mate... what you descibe is with a monophonic synth... cos when note 2 is encountered the unit has only 1 available note so the second note cuts of the first....

The way Nova's generally work/architecture is this... you select a part button, and then the parameters have to be set, and that is the buttons around the Pert buttons to their left on my S'Nova

you probably have the Part 'polyphony/poly' set to monophonic single note... see you can allocate voices to parts, each part requires you set it's midi channle, polyphony, volume, etc etc....

Message 4/6             15-Oct-00  @  01:59 PM   -   RE: sn2kb has finally beaten me .......

MarkOrbit

Regarding the dual notes 'problem'.
This is perfectly normal and should
happen on any MIDI instrument. If
you have a long note, say C3 and in
the middle of that you program
another C3 but shorter, then the Note
Off info for the shorter note will turn
off all sound for C3, regardless of
how many C3 notes are sounding.

Message 5/6             15-Oct-00  @  02:01 PM   -   RE: sn2kb has finally beaten me .......

MarkOrbit

Regarding the dual notes 'problem'.
This is perfectly normal and should
happen on any MIDI instrument. If
you have a long note, say C3 and in
the middle of that you program
another C3 but shorter, then the Note
Off info for the shorter note will turn
off all sound for C3, regardless of
how many C3 notes are sounding.

Message 6/6             16-Oct-00  @  01:54 AM   -   RE: sn2kb has finally beaten me .......

k

yeah you're right, i missread it, but what on earth would he want to put a small note of the same pitch on top of a long note of the same pitch?.. try a different octave for the new note.

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 6 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)