aaa finally repented and came to turns with nova - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

05-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: finally repented and came to turns with nova

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/6             16-Oct-00  @  04:18 PM   -   finally repented and came to turns with nova

tetsuo2

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

this past weekend my nova brought me to my knees... I have been critical of it til now, but honestly, its sound quality and ease of use really put my virus to shame... No more flaming the nova for me... I worked all weeekend without the virus even on!!!

such a gorgeous sound... it actually CAN do big sounds and it impressed me to no end...

I am selling my virus...

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/6             17-Oct-00  @  10:40 AM   -   RE: finally repented and came to turns with nova

dB

Very appropriate to point this out!
Many Nova users, having been talking for months about dual filters, bit reduction, special waveforms and FM (all the things that our Nova doesn't have), may well expect that other synths like the Virus-b and Waldorf Q as well, may eat the Nova and spit it out.
As far as I know, the Nova can do things that the other synths can't do actually, even if they're equipped with all those improvements. The Virus for instance, can't arpeggiate in user-customized fashion, while the Q can't reuse arpeggios from program to program, while the effects and vocoder onboard are very crap.

Message 3/6             17-Oct-00  @  04:27 PM   -   RE: finally repented and came to turns with nova

GT

Good choice (if you had too)

GT

Message 4/6             20-Oct-00  @  08:40 PM   -   RE: finally repented and came to turns with nova

GT

hey T, you ever run into stuck notes on the Nova?

GT

Message 5/6             20-Oct-00  @  08:52 PM   -   RE: finally repented and came to turns with nova

tetsuo2

yea, but for some reason only when arp'ing..

i just disabled my midi clock transmission from within logic's settings and apparentlly since then, my midi has been much better

Message 6/6             21-Oct-00  @  06:49 AM   -   RE: finally repented and came to turns with nova

GT

cheers T

btw, A107 Poms Bass4, yunno? That patch kills any patch of of me 5 boxes I've got! nord mod/nord lead 2 etc.....hUGe sound.

GT

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 6 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)