aaa RM1x + Nova - Good combination - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: RM1x + Nova - Good combination

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/6             13-Jul-00  @  05:53 PM   -   RM1x + Nova - Good combination?

pK

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I'm thinking about buying a Nova and would like to know how it would work with my RM1x.

Many Thanks for any advice,

pK

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/6             26-Jul-00  @  03:40 PM   -   RE: RM1x + Nova - Good combination

m002b

I have both the Nova and RM1X. They do both work together well. The way they work is this: The RM1X has A very good setup for drums (especially for jungle) and is great for sick bass. The only problem is that the synth material sucks and the 909 drums are weak to say the least. Fortunately though, the Nova has it's strengths in every area of the RM1X's weaknesses, so the two go together quite well.The only letdown I've had is that thew RM1X has no direct audio sequencing capabilities for external devices so all sequencing has to be done via MIDI

Message 3/6             27-Jul-00  @  03:30 AM   -   RE: RM1x + Nova - Good combination

caduceus

Whats the Nova like for making drums. I have an RM1x as well and I was thinking of getting a Nova for synths, pads and occasional drum hits. Can it do interesting drums, or can it only really do the analogue stuff the RM1x has anyway?

Message 4/6             27-Jul-00  @  07:48 AM   -   RE: RM1x + Nova - Good combination

lol

If you want pads, no problems for nova, they are great if you program them yourself (presets are not so good),you can also make some impressive percussive sounds effects. For drumsounds (909-808,...)it's not punchy enough (Nord modular is far more impressive).In general the nova is a great synth, you can make almost everything you want exept drums, the sync is also too thin and a lot of sounds are too metallic for me. the phaser,flanger,chorus are,....err, crap! I'm complaining but I love my nova, it's the heart of my system and I make a lot of the sounds I dream !And,...don't forget this: ERGONOMY,it's a dream to work on this machine it is so easy to make sounds,to use mod matrix, to program a performance,... Not like AN1X (Japanese engineers are addicted to LSD)

Message 5/6             27-Jul-00  @  02:28 PM   -   RE: RM1x + Nova - Good combination

Caduceus

Thats good to hear. I was just hoping it might do drums, but I think I know I'll really need a sampler for that. I have an outboard FX processor for reverb and chorus, so the quality of these is not too much of a problem to me.

Message 6/6             31-Jul-00  @  02:59 AM   -   RE: RM1x + Nova - Good combination

pkunkytek

the drums in the nova are good for hard house, and the percusion is very matalic indead. I did use a hat arpgegio of one the presets to go behind my 909 hats with the auto panner going. It really filled in some gaps. The nova is a work horse, and the arpegiator is phenominal.

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 6 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)